English Premier League soccer ⚽

Remove this Banner Ad

I've just watched the highlights of Bradford City's 4-2 win over Chelsea. The Bantams may be sixth in Division 1 but the four goals were sensational. I'm not sure how any team could have stopped them.

The highlights were part of a you tube package of the 10 greatest upsets in FA Cup history in today's digital Age.

Of course Sunderland's 1-0 triumph over Leeds United in the 1973 Final is one of the ten. Looking back on it now Rod Stewart influenced a lot of coiffure in those days. Porterfield's goal in the first half took a great deal of defending but Dave Watson, the central defender, was Sunderland's answer to Bruce Doull. Montgomery's double save in the second half cannot be topped for brilliance and I suggest you watch the highlights a couple of times to convince yourselves it was achieved by a mere mortal. Jimmy Hill does the special comments which brought a smile to my dial. His crooked goatee is timeless in the annals of FA history. I wonder why he wasn't told:rolleyes:

The 1988 FA Cup is still probably my favourite cup final upset of all time, the Crazy Gang of Plucky Wimbledon (a small battling mid-table top-flight team at the team) against the mighty empire of Liverpool.

You could argue the Wombles started the end of Liverpool's long reign as the most dominant team in English Football.

What a team of characters the Crazy Gang had as well, Dave Beasant, Dennis Wise, Alan Cork, and of course the legendary Vinnie Jones :D

Still grinds my gears that the FL allowed the Wombles to Milton Keynes, which basically was the death of that club.

But those plucky Wimbledon fans started ul their own club, AFL Wimbledon, who have done well to be in League Two of the football league. Hopefully within 15 years, we can see Wimbledon back in the top-flight :)

Mauricio Pochettino called Tottenham Hotspur’s 2-1 victory over Arsenal at White Hart Lane a "special moment" as the home fans were treated to a derby-day triumph courtesy of Harry Kane's double, which eclipsed Mesut Ozil's early opener.

Keeping the dream alive.

You just know Harry Kane will end up at Man City .. Don't think Chelsea or Citeh need him, and after missing out on Bale, United will be desperate to sign another Rooney type Messiah ..

I pray that I'm wrong, but that's just what I think will happen:(

Think Kane would more likely end up at United. RVP and Falcao are past it and Rooney I'd getting on. He'd be perfect for them.

Pretty sure that's exactly what DaVillaBlues meant. Would love him at United and think he'd be perfect for us.

We know how good RVP has been for us but he is getting on and has clearly slowed down particularly this season. Falcao has struggled since coming across - clearly nowhere near his best - and may not have a long term future at the club. Rooney is quality and still very dangerous but he's been used more as an attacking midfielder and that's where he may stay.

Wilson looks very promising and has a future but don't think he has what it takes to become as dangerous as the other three.

We certainly need another young striker coming through....Kane fits the bill.

Think Kane would more likely end up at United. RVP and Falcao are past it and Rooney I'd getting on. He'd be perfect for them.
At this stage there's no reason for Kane to move and there is no reason for spurs to sell him.

They don't need the money and to have a home grown hero who has come through the academy like Bentaleb and Mason plus the 5 year deal he signed last week.

He could also look at how the move to the so called bigger club went for guys like Rodwell and Zaha.

Who do you guys think will go down with 14 games or so remaining ?

Leicester, Villa and Burnley are my tips ..

You just know Harry Kane will end up at Man City .. Don't think Chelsea or Citeh need him, and after missing out on Bale, United will be desperate to sign another Rooney type Messiah ..
I pray that I'm wrong, but that's just what I think will happen:(

Hope you are wrong as well DaVillaBlues, Kane grew up supporting Spurs so maybe there is some emotional hold.

But being a realist Money talks and United have that speaking for them, not much else mind you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wigan are about to do a Pompey, couple of years after winning the FA Cup, look like ending up going down to the third tier of English Football. The Lattics and Blackpool are deadset Sodas to be relegated from the championship, with Fulham an chance as well. Gee whiz, no wonder Jatz is stacking his dax about Leicester being relegated, its a nightmare of a division (took them 10 years to win back promotion)

Having a look at our run in, it's pretty bloody good! Gives me a little bit of hope.

108051_c27c66d86352ac9b480538e51e8553fc.png

April will be the important month. Need 9 points minimum from that. No reason we can't get it either.

May also has a lot of winnable games.

Having a look at our run in, it's pretty bloody good! Gives me a little bit of hope.

108051_c27c66d86352ac9b480538e51e8553fc.png

April will be the important month. Need 9 points minimum from that. No reason we can't get it either.

May also has a lot of winnable games.
You think that's a good draw? I don't see any Villa in there, so it can't be THAT easy...