Game Day Enhance Home Games for Supporters!

Remove this Banner Ad

Most of what we're working on at the moment is making it unmistakable that you're at a Richmond game, centered around using the LEDs, scoreboard and audio - there'll be lots of yellow and black.

Cheers Stig, a bit of extra branding is no big deal, but please feed back to the "match day experience committee" that most of the fans I know actually want some peace and quiet on match day. A 10 minute space during half time when there is NO announcer or background music blaring would enhance my experience no end!

I wouldn't be too concerned about entertainment during the match. But....it would be cool to do some stuff before the game. Perhaps outside around the grounds to create a better atmosphere.

Could even put up some decorations, create some lighting and some sound for Tigers games, which extends from Punt Road Oval to the MCG. Can be a jungle walk for the kids or something. Or even just famous inspiring speeches or moments of commentary that can be heard as you walk up. Something to get the hair to stand up and add to the excitement. And if people want to ignore it they can quickly walk through and get into the G where it's nice and quiet. Give people the option that way. That's what I'd like anyway. I know as a kid.....wait who am I kidding....I'd love that now. The Tiger jungle walk, jungle noises, music, tommy hafey ringing in your ear, hearing commentators call out RIICCHHOOO etc. Can't be tacky but i'd like that.

That or 3 lucky fans, one from Collingwood, Carlton and Essendon get the chance to go out at half time into a cage and take on a real life tiger that hasnt eaten in a week. If the tiger wins then bad luck, if those three win they get granted their freedom from supporting those clubs and are presented with Richmond memberships.

That or 3 lucky fans, one from Collingwood, Carlton and Essendon get the chance to go out at half time into a cage and take on a real life tiger that hasnt eaten in a week. If the tiger wins then bad luck, if those three win they get granted their freedom from supporting those clubs and are presented with Richmond memberships.
If the tiger wins that's good luck not bad.Where rid of 3 scum.

The g was a tiger, but even he has said in the past he has to reign in any perception of support on game days
One of the things i love most about Richo, happy to go all yellow and black and be damned the consequences on tv :D
If you need to manufacture an experience then it will always be treated with disdain. The best atmosphere comes from the fans, usually in the heat of the game or immediately after
Yeah i think its a fine line between "manufacturing" and "enhancing" the match day experience, were not stupid and we bloody well know as Tigs fans when something is on the nose, were well trained with that at Richmond. PLEASE RFC DON'T HIRE SOME NUMB NUTS ADVERTISING/PR GROUP IN SUITS THAT NEVER GO TO THE FOOTY TO TELL YOU WHAT WE WANT, PLEASE SET UP AN ONLINE POLL THAT REQUIRES MEMBERS INFO OR UNIQUE LOG IN/ISP RECOG TO GET A REAL IDEA OF WHAT US TIGER ARMY GUYS AND GIRLS WOULD LIKE. TRUST ME IT WILL WORK IN SPADES OVER A SUITS IN BOARDROOM WANK JOB.

Last edited:
AFL see the need to try and ruin everyone's experience then? Let Port do the INXS thing, let the Bombers fans stick a needle in Hirds ass but no need to turn the pre match etc into a stupid gimmick. Some clubs aren't doing so well so why force the fans to have to pay for something they don't need?

Simple, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

one thing I will say on this stuff, look at the clubs form line before bagging what they might do.

I know we are coming from a low base, but I'm struggling to think of off field match day missteps the club has made under the current management team

If you need to manufacture an experience then it will always be treated with disdain. The best atmosphere comes from the fans, usually in the heat of the game or immediately after
I think this is quite correct, however I also think that this can be used to help improve the match day experience.
Instead of using technology, lighting, music, etc, perhaps try and get sponsors on board to help make things to hand out to Richmond fans at the games. Maybe for just the blockbusters to start with.
Yellow t-shirts, or maybe those inflatable yellow things you hit together, or just something the fans can all wave and make the crowd more yellow and black. You can see this happen in the USA often.
Perhaps even just pieces of card underneath the seats at the punt road end for fans to hold up to try and create something like you see at Borussia Dortmund

What makes Adelaide Oval or Subiaco intimidating is the crowd, not them singing along to INXS, but the fact that 90% of them are all going for the one team and the smaller stadium intensifies this. Its going to be harder to replicate this on a weekly basis at a ground the size of the MCG, so that's why I think the best way to do it is to try and do something to amplify the crowd. Make it obvious just how much support there is for the Tigers. A biased stadium announcer would help here too I think.

If the club want yellow and black everywhere, put a free yellow shirt on entire bays of the g to make the colour in the crowd really stand out. That way it looks good to all there and watching and the fans actually get to take something home, for free!!!!

Looks great in NBA finals when they do it!!!!

make KB and mick maloy the game day announcers with commentary throughout the game! all tigers fans wearing flashing yellow lights on there heads!
bring back smoking in the ground.

The thing that annoys me is people who are living in the past. Yes....I don't think anyone here wants American style ball park music rubbish....but we can always improve the experience. The ridiculous thing is....just imagine....for a second that right now and for the last 100 years club songs didnt exist. You nay sayers, boring old bats would be firmly against the introduction of these songs.....yet.....I know for a fact that pretty much everyone on here would be up and about for our song after a win and I know that when we hear the "yellow and black" that you are a part of it. The songs are outside of the "spectacle of the greatest game on the planet"....but they improve the experience. No more closed minds thanks, keep your....the game is perfect to yourself. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with most to just watch the footy and leave. But I think visually if the MCG was flooded with yellow and black it would make it better for the tiger army. They have lowered food which gives me one less thing to complain about

Most of what we're working on at the moment is making it unmistakable that you're at a Richmond game, centered around using the LEDs, scoreboard and audio - there'll be lots of yellow and black.

Lets just hope mate that you remove the other thing that makes me remember I am at a Richmond game. You know the one when we are in front by 6 goals mid way through the third and then we go on to either win by 2ps or lost by 30 :p

Rouel_14, Blaz_Cotchin9, Joker91, Toadvine, Frustrated Tiger, TJTIGER, lukey_9, Tetley Tigers.

Hey guys,

I am revisiting this because I am staying in the country and we made some good discussion a couple of months ago on this. I know there is a new thread about this but that should've been merged into this one. So people in the other thread and mods....shut that other stuff down! lol

I think a good start is to try and get a richmond only bay for home games near or around the cheer squad extending towards the grog squad to create what the Kop is to liverpool, which must remain purely fan organised and based. Obviously the club can get on board and help (RFC_Official ) but is my dream to have this organised properly so that the punt road end can really be heard and lead in a better way. The cheer squad have their place and you can't have a go at their endeavour, especially considering they go interstate etc but for most of us on here that's not an option....also the grog squad...well the fact that they are drunken idiots....it's not so attractive either.

Is there some way that we can organise to arrange for a thousand fans, maybe it would take less...to fill up those spaces. I can create a website and market as I can but it can only work if we can resolve a few issues:

1. That this group can be seated together at the Punt Road End
  2. Create unity between cheer squad, grog squad and all other richmond fans
Hopefully it is not too close to the season. I believe if done correctly that we will have enough people to get on board initially, which will then create a pretty attractive prospect for others to join but perhaps it's too late. :S

Cheers

T
Lets just hope mate that you remove the other thing that makes me remember I am at a Richmond game. You know the one when we are in front by 6 goals mid way through the third and then we go on to either win by 2ps or lost by 30 :p
That's a game experience you get use if you follow the Tiges......Unfortunately

Rouel_14, Blaz_Cotchin9, Joker91, Toadvine, Frustrated Tiger, TJTIGER, lukey_9, Tetley Tigers.

Hey guys,

I am revisiting this because I am staying in the country and we made some good discussion a couple of months ago on this. I know there is a new thread about this but that should've been merged into this one. So people in the other thread and mods....shut that other stuff down! lol

I think a good start is to try and get a richmond only bay for home games near or around the cheer squad extending towards the grog squad to create what the Kop is to liverpool, which must remain purely fan organised and based. Obviously the club can get on board and help (RFC_Official ) but is my dream to have this organised properly so that the punt road end can really be heard and lead in a better way. The cheer squad have their place and you can't have a go at their endeavour, especially considering they go interstate etc but for most of us on here that's not an option....also the grog squad...well the fact that they are drunken idiots....it's not so attractive either.

Is there some way that we can organise to arrange for a thousand fans, maybe it would take less...to fill up those spaces. I can create a website and market as I can but it can only work if we can resolve a few issues:

Hopefully it is not too close to the season. I believe if done correctly that we will have enough people to get on board initially, which will then create a pretty attractive prospect for others to join but perhaps it's too late. :S

Cheers
The seating may have already been allocated.

More drums and bring back the roar meter! :D

Wouldn't mind seeing some RFC videos played on the big screen during HT especially (as HT always drags on).

I like how we now have to spend $400,000 a season highlighting that the MCG is our home ground that could otherwise be spent on two excellent assistant coaches. But, hey! Yellow!

Source that we are spending this?

Hey guys,

Cheers

Dons are doing this for 2015

Basically combining the cheer squad, their grog squad, and some extra in several bays at the goal end. To have access to they area you need to sign on as an active supporter (or similar label), and you basically commit to rocking up to games, helping with chants tifo and the like

Sounds good in principle, but will be interesting to see if the numbers can be sustained over 11 games, and can the grog squad keep the feral stuff under lock and key

What we need is for groupie to seduce Gina Reinhart and make her tigs mad so she develops punt road into a state of the art 80,000 seat stadium and MCG be damned :D

Now your talking...To the Dungeon....:eek:

Dons are doing this for 2015

Basically combining the cheer squad, their grog squad, and some extra in several bays at the goal end. To have access to they area you need to sign on as an active supporter (or similar label), and you basically commit to rocking up to games, helping with chants tifo and the like

Sounds good in principle, but will be interesting to see if the numbers can be sustained over 11 games, and can the grog squad keep the feral stuff under lock and key

Nooooo serious?!?! That's a nightmare that they are doing it.

It will be interesting to see indeed but I think if organised we'd have a better shot at it, given that we naturally have more passionate supportive fans etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back