EPL Matchweek 17 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to agree with typeclub, which frightens me, and suggest that Mourinho is a bit of a petulant fraud.

That performance after the Bardsley tackle was absolutely pathetic, but when his side gets the rub of the green 'thats football'.

Any manager who tries to get a player sent off is just scum.
players do it. managers do it. everyone does it.
most managers do it in actual fact. did you not see bruce carry on last week against Chelsea with the cahill thing?
can you please link me to your post on the subject of managers who want other players sent off are scum, which you sent last week, after the cahill incident?

I'm providing you a platform to prove your problem is not about the club/person and actually about the issue.

most managers do it in actual fact. did you not see bruce carry on last week against Chelsea with the cahill thing?
can you please link me to your post on the subject of managers who want other players sent off are scum, which you sent last week, after the cahill incident?

I'm providing you a platform to prove your problem is not about the club/person and actually about the issue.
How very kind of you :rolleyes:

Didn't even see it.

yep, I know that and yes navas does cut inside a lot but even when there is no overlapping full back he provides no quality from a wide position. He doesn't provide quality from any position. He is very obviously the weak link in your side.
To be fair, as much as i hate them, their supposed 'weak link' hasn't hurt them much this year. They have Silva and Aguero. if Navas is their weak link, every team has one going on your logic.

navas had 4 goals and 7 assists from 18 starts last season. this season he has 4 assists from 10 prem starts

he might be in a bad bit of form now but the main thing he does is he creates the space and opening wherever he goes. his pure pace will always drag a player, sometimes two, creating the holes for the likes of nasri to run into. he might not have the pure stats of other players but he has quite an impact down the right.

his crossing does need to be better, but he does put some great crosses in which go unrewarded. he put in 3-4 great crosses vs palace (unless you're danny mills) but no one was there to finish.

Last edited:
I thought it was noticeable against Palace that he used more pace and width than he has been. He's the sort of player that when he arrived we expected to get up and down the flanks and take on fullbacks all day. Not really happened but again I think a lot of that is due to Pellegrini's style of play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back