Review Essendon 108 v Gold Coast SUNS 89

Remove this Banner Ad

My team just about booked their spot to finals yet I'm still very very frustrated. Shows how well you did.

Best of luck next year. Plenty of good games still to come between our teams.

Good effort by the suns 2nds..
Only takes lapses for 5mins n teams kick 3goals..
Notable mentions
Tape 3 touches
Sexton n kolo 4
Lonergan 6
Leslie is better for the run.. Seemed a ill slow n rusty.. But he'll b right.
Martin was everywhere... Bottom of the pack.. Running on the outside.. Jumping over packs..
N Day after a promising 1st half... Didn't move off a 50c piece in the 2nd

is rhat 9 losses in the last 12 games, at least the boys had a crack today

Unfortunately that seems about right. But physically I think we have done well the last two games. We have been hit a lot worse with injuries than most, both in quality and quantity of players, which comes as a blessing in disguise. More game time into our kids.

I know a lot of the Bluey haters and stone cold pessimists on here will disagree with me, but in my opinion I give the season a pass mark

Can't be disappointed when the guys have a real crack. Just a bunch of kids really and apart from a few lapses, we held our own.
Sick and tired of hearing commentators say "could've been a free kick to the suns there". 21-9 in Essendon's favour again. Not the difference but it seems we miss out on the 50-50 decisions especially in Melbourne.
Jack Martin will be worth the entrance price alone in coming years

Good effort by the suns 2nds..
Only takes lapses for 5mins n teams kick 3goals..
Notable mentions
Tape 3 touches
Sexton n kolo 4
Lonergan 6
Leslie is better for the run.. Seemed a ill slow n rusty.. But he'll b right.
Martin was everywhere... Bottom of the pack.. Running on the outside.. Jumping over packs..
N Day after a promising 1st half... Didn't move off a 50c piece in the 2nd
Tape, Sexton, Lonergan and Risch all had extremely tight defensive roles to play and all did magnificently. There's more to a game than how many touches you get. They kept their dangerous opponents very quiet. Watson, Hibberd, Winderlich and Zaha were barely influential.

Only when Rischitelli was moved off Zaharakis did Zaha get into the game.

Tape, Sexton, Lonergan and Risch all had extremely tight defensive roles to play and all did magnificently. There's more to a game than how many touches you get. They kept their dangerous opponents very quiet. Watson, Hibberd, Winderlich and Zaha were barely influential.

Yet.. Zaha n Watson n chapman all had 24
Winderlich only had a couple tho..
But they had 80 between them..
And our shutdown players had about 20 between them.
Need more then that!

Ahh yes they all did fantastic shut down roles.

Sexton 4 - Hibberd 23
Lonergan 6 - Watson 24
Tape 3 - Winderlich 7
Risch 21 - Zaharakis 24

Hibberd, Watson had nothing disposals. They may have amassed but neither were as influential as they could be. Dinky 30cm handballs to no-one in a pack or passes back and forth in their defensive 50.

I already mentioned that Risch was moved off Zaka, who then proceeded to murder us out of the middle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was a win in my book...but still left to far too few
21 frees to 9....:mad:
And the Essendills cheering when they got one? WTF??
I guess we don't have to look too far through their season and their recent issues to realise their team can do no wrong in their eyes.
We have to learn to beat rabid Etihad crowds, umps and everything else to succeed.
I'm hoping Dave Swallow will stya home from Wyoming and learn to kick;)

I was pretty pleased with the blokes today. I came away disappointed that we lost, but extremely happy that we held our own. I tipped Essendon anyway, but I couldn't believe how well we played overall.

Matt Shaw and Jack Martin were ******* stars. In fact, everybody was fantastic, minus a few lapses from Day and Cameron.

Confident going into round 23 that we may actually get another win for the year, but regardless, we played well and it's given us a lot to look forward to in 2015.

On an off note, did anyone else think Jack Martin has bulked up a bit from the start of the year? I thought he definitely looked bigger. He's still scrawny up against everyone else, but he's definitely built up a bit of muscle. Can't wait to see him next year.

One of Smith, Nichols or Gorringe needs to take the next step in 2015. Opposition rucks have given their mids first use all year. Can't blame Leslie or Day as they're not ruckmen, but Ryder down the throat and Zaharakis goals 10 seconds after we worked so hard to goal just before. 3 easy taps/clearances resulted in 3 goals mid 4th quarter.

How come none of our rucks have built up solid physiques after 4+years in the system All still pretty skinny!!
Look at Goldstein McCvoy Cox Mcintosh kruezer maric..all have arms and legs twice the size of our boys

key positions take at least 5 years - none of them were any good at 21 years old.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back