Preview Essendon vs Gold Coast, Docklands, 23/08/2014 @ 2:10 PM (IN: Carlisle, Fantasia OUT: Melk, Heppell)

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

With GC really struggling in the ruck department, surely its a good opportunity to give TBell a crack at playing #1 ruck and give Ryder a rest in the forward line or even let him put his feet up in the coaches box if he needs it.

Would expect TBell to dominate and find some good form.
IMO Ryder seems to benefit more from continuity and responsibility than anything else. I do not want him rested.

Whats the bet GC really pull a game out of the hat this week and scrape a win over us :(. It's nerve wracking to be so close to a finals berth, yet so far away!
There is the concern that we won last week on the back of strong performances from Watson and Hibberd, both of who could struggle to be as effective in their second week back after a break. How often have we seen good players come back strongly only to go flat for a couple of weeks because their conditioning has suffered? Add to that Ryder and Goddard either out this week or carrying niggles... There is definitely a "cup half empty" way of seeing this game!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Royal Box

It's really an interim royal box right now. TIRB...

Pippa Middleton instead of Kate?

Don't worry, i'm still trying to work out how "campaigner" is insulting :rolleyes:

I'm positive that quite a few people on BF are still really confused about that.

All I know is that if I swear either side of it then I'm using it with proper context.

Haha, I wonder how many people are typing out "C-A-M-P-A-I-G-N-E-R" instead of "C-U-[redacted]"

he he - you're such a noob :)

campaigner

It all becomes clear :oops:
I'm clearly way too polite around here :D
One of the great passages of intellectual discussion in the annals of the Essendon board.

Witness history, folks. :D

Whats the bet GC really pull a game out of the hat this week and scrape a win over us :(. It's nerve wracking to be so close to a finals berth, yet so far away!
There is the concern that we won last week on the back of strong performances from Watson and Hibberd, both of who could struggle to be as effective in their second week back after a break. How often have we seen good players come back strongly only to go flat for a couple of weeks because their conditioning has suffered? Add to that Ryder and Goddard either out this week or carrying niggles... There is definitely a "cup half empty" way of seeing this game!

GC will find it hard to score with our stingy defence.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/essendon/news/2014-08-20/heppell-injury-cloud

Essendon midfielder Dyson Heppell is expected to miss this week’s game against the Gold Coast after fracturing his hand at training today.

Club doctor Bruce Reid said Heppell’s recovery period would be minimal after undergoing surgery shortly after the accident.

“Dyson sustained a fracture in his hand during training this morning but we were extremely fortunate that Greg Hoy was available to operate on his hand within the hour,” Reid said.

“The surgery was a success, Dyson had a plate and screws inserted into his hand and we’re confident his recovery time will be minimal.”

Operate within the hour??? WTF??

No Hepps :(

Baguley Hooker Steinberg
Dempsey Hurley Hibberd
Stanton Watson Zaharakis
Ambrose Daniher Goddard
Chapman Carlisle Winderlich
Ryder Myers Hocking
Z Merrett Colyer Howlett Gleeson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back