News Ex-Saints recruiter joins Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Ex Saints recruiter joins Cats

Probably got sick of his thoughts being ignored every year so they can draft 26 year old journeymen.

Good news, so long as he doesn't bring that other St Kilda Peake with him :D

Obviously he and Wells have a good working relationship so that's ideal, and as far as I'm concerned Wells is that good he should be allowed to hire whoever he wants as his scouts, so I'm fine with it.

I also agree (stating the obvious I know) with the need to look at state leagues, not just with the compromised drafts now, but with how low our picks are due to often finishing in the finals. If that is the ongoing plan, as Cook said it was this week, then we definitely need to keep looking at the second tier leagues for guys we can get at with low picks who have the potential to make it.

You'd want to hope he wasnt responsible for StKildas dreadful recruiting over the past 4-5 years.
Wonder if he was the scape goat over the fact that they didn't know Cripps was diabetic?
Common knowledge at East Fremantle and apparently amongst other AFL Clubs that showed interest in him. Seems incredible the Saints wouldn't have picked this up - where's the i dotting and the t crossing?

Please God show him a couple of 195cm plus key posi players.

LOL....yep should definitely be a big part of Peake's brief to find those.

Could help Wells with the taller types, here's hoping he finds us a couple of Goddards or a Gilbert or Fisher.

Could help Wells with the taller types, here's hoping he finds us a couple of Goddards or a Gilbert or Fisher.

Just out of interest I had a look at those three,Goddard number one draft pick not much skill required there.The other two are more interesting 2005 draft we took West at 31 Gilbert went at 33.
2003 draft Cats passed at pick 54 Saints took fisher at 55.:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just out of interest I had a look at those three,Goddard number one draft pick not much skill required there.The other two are more interesting 2005 draft we took West at 31 Gilbert went at 33.
2003 draft Cats passed at pick 54 Saints took fisher at 55.:(

Gee we did well 03 and 05 on talent ID then.
Couldn't pick a tall in a police lineup.:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back