expansion after 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO they look the least vunerable for a long while.
Melbourne free of debt.
NM has positive and active ideas as to it's future.
WB is out of the news.

This is at a time of expansion. I think that says a lot.

Okay, lets deal with each one:

1. Western Bulldogs - they have lost one quarter of their membership. Does that not make them vulnerable?

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/lost-dogs-home-plea/story-e6frg1xu-1226328230692

2. Melbourne is in crisis on and off the field. Their performamnces are on a par with flegling clubs GC & GWS. What does that say?

3. North is on the improve on the field, but this is yet to translate membership wise. The City of Melbourne is home to two AFL clubs - North and Melbourne.

Melbourne is in crisis... off the field.

I assume that post isn't intended as humour. Which means that you're deliberately continuing to repeat claims which are clearly and obviously not true.

Again, the Demons have achieved record membership numbers every year for the last 6. Up from 24,000 in 2006, to 37,000 now. Debt-free - one of the few clubs who are. $6 million profit last year. $3.5 million profit the year before that.

Stop talking crap, Sttew.

I am sure 85K Carlton fans will be happy to see their team play the Congupna-Uriarra Lesser Spotted Dogfishes

Who wouldn't?

Formidable outfit, the Lesser Spotted Dogfishes. And they're in excellent form since their star player recovered from that nasty bout of syphilis last year. Thank God he stopped it in its tracks. The nose looks normal, the face has come back into shape, it's not drooling anymore...

Consolidation not expansion.

Don't want to be like the A League, bringing in Gold Coast and North Queensland in one year before both of them die.

The only new club success they've had is Heart and that's only because Melbourne love sport.

NO no no, You forget that after the Titans folded followed by the Sharks, Canberra and Manly the nrl imploded. The AFL lured all the nrl stars to AFL.
NSW and Qld players demanded to play for their home states creating a demand for more AFL teams in Sydney and Brisbane.

Quickly North Shore was given the North Sydney licence.
The South Sydney club was resurected.
Woollongong was promoted to AFL.
Campbelltown once again becomes the Blues.
West Brisbane play out of QE2.
Newcastle people demand not to be left out.

With no rl players to draw on, RU falls by the wayside in Australia.
With no competition from Australia in either rl or RU NZ turns to it's blossuming sport of Australasian Football for international competition.
Not to be left out the RSA supplies a team and demands that the name be changed to "Southern Hemisphere Football"

The SHFL is so big the USA cannot resist and both the USA and Canada supply teams in the newly named "Freedom Football League".

Unfortunately they are blind sided by developments in Europe which has created it's own FFL in opposition. Luckily common sense prevails and they compromise on a new game name which roughly translated means "the greatest football in the world." (this was to get around the patent on "the greatest game in the universe" which some thoughful futuristic football fan had made)

You forget that we will all be living on Mars by then because the Earth will have been destroyed. :D

Did you take your crazy pills this morning?

I assume that post isn't intended as humour. Which means that you're deliberately continuing to repeat claims which are clearly and obviously not true.

Again, the Demons have achieved record membership numbers every year for the last 6. Up from 24,000 in 2006, to 37,000 now. Debt-free - one of the few clubs who are. $6 million profit last year. $3.5 million profit the year before that.

Stop talking crap, Sttew.

Alright, alright! I retract comments about the Dees. But if you lose to the Dogs I reserve the right to revisit this issue...

Just as I reserve the right to revisit the story of the Cats during the late 90s
Ly8ZE.gif

6DrH5.jpg

NO I specifically asked if you were serious about dropping Carlton.
I asked more than once whether you were serious about dropping Carlton.

Do you want me to draw a picture?

You can argue about my seriousness until the cows come home, but speaking of images, I clearly remember drawing one which shows Carlton and Geelong moving from South Victoria to North Northern Territory.

I think I have answered this question with about three "yeps" in previous posts, yet you keep on coming back to me with statistics and statements along the lines of (not quoted directly), 'Carlton is a national treasure', 'all Australian kids eat Carlton-flavoured Weet-bix', 'Carlton has the largest supporter base of all AFL teams combined and no one wil support AFL once they go', 'What would Carlton do?', 'If you divide Carlton by the square root of 42 you get a tasty MacDonalds thickshake', 'Calrton's revenue makes up one third of the Australia's GDP', etc etc, but despite all these arguments you are making and the infinite more arguments you can still make I am still saying, 'yes, move Carlton to Darwin' and 'yes merge them with another club'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As in

So you want to drop Carlton (and three other clubs)at a time when crowds are booming. ratings have jumped and the AFL has never been so bouyant and when rival codes are struggling.

Is that what you are saying?

To this reply

Seems that way doesn't it? Maybe because that is exactly what I am saying.

This is what yo said.
No ambiguity about that at all.
You want to drop Carlton because it's underperforming.
You'd have to drop the whole nrl first on that logic.

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

As in

This is what yo said.

That is exaclty my point, there is no ambiguity about what I stating. Look at Carlton's record for the last ten years, 76 wins from 220 games, is this what you call performing well?

Perhaps it’s worth considering a merger of all teams. We could then construct a 250,000 seat stadium which would enable us to eliminate any membership waiting lists for the old independent clubs, as well as ensuring all the best young talent is seen every weekend.

The game could then be run as a combination of the running man and the hunger games and would obviously have to be run each weekend from Friday night until Sunday to ensure we don’t harm TV money.

Might be some issues with getting out of the MCG agreement to play Collingwood games and obviously any ex-North players would not be allowed to take part until after the Friday night component was well and truly over. We could probably even find a way to include 9-pointers in there. Crowds would flock to see the best and brightest!

Oh come on... no picture? :(

That is exaclty my point, there is no ambiguity about what I stating. Look at Carlton's record for the last ten years, 76 wins from 220 games, is this what you call performing well?

By your logic there would be no NRL teams, no Australian super RU teams, no A-L teams, no NBL teams, no ABL teams and in fact no state cricket teams.

By your logic there would be no NRL teams, no Australian super RU teams, no A-L teams, no NBL teams, no ABL teams and in fact no state cricket teams.

I do not know how that follows,
"Carlton have won 76 games in the last 10 years", "therefore there should be no NRL, Super RU, A-L, NBL, and State Cricket"

Why?

ARL is seriously looking at ipswich as one of the next RL franchises. it is centrally located in seqld, and has a populated surrounding area.

many expat vics now like in seqld. i recon the AFL should look seriously at putting an AFL franchise in ipswich, for the reason of the growing population, expansion of the game in qld, and weaken seqld as a league stronghold.

clubs like redlands have 8 u8's sides this season. there is also a darling downs comp. juniors arespringing up all over seqld. ipswich is the equivelent of western sydney, with a different population demographic.

Because by your logic, you want to drop Carlton from the AFL despite it being financial, despite it being a power house, despite it being an icon, despite it being a founding team, despite it being a ratings winner,despite it drawing over 50k to it it's home games and depite it being able to draw 90k to the MCG.

Because none of those teams in those leagues comes close to being a Carlton.

Because by your logic, you want to drop Carlton from the AFL despite it being financial, despite it being a power house, despite it being an icon, despite it being a founding team, despite it being a ratings winner,despite it drawing over 50k to it it's home games and depite it being able to draw 90k to the MCG.

Because none of those teams in those leagues comes close to being a Carlton.

So because Carlton is a powerhouse, a source of renewable energy, allows free access to train stations and fights against tooth decay, the AFL merging and moving Carlton will make rugby and every other league fold, because they do not have a team of the same calibre of Carlton? I suppose if the AFL wants no competition then they should merge and move Carlton, well spotted cos789.

ARL is seriously looking at ipswich as one of the next RL franchises. it is centrally located in seqld, and has a populated surrounding area.

many expat vics now like in seqld. i recon the AFL should look seriously at putting an AFL franchise in ipswich, for the reason of the growing population, expansion of the game in qld, and weaken seqld as a league stronghold.

clubs like redlands have 8 u8's sides this season. there is also a darling downs comp. juniors arespringing up all over seqld. ipswich is the equivelent of western sydney, with a different population demographic.

The muddle headed wombat would be an appropriate mascot for a downmarket, lower achieving franchise.

You want to drop it from the AFL.

What chance do the minnows have if you want to remove Carlton and everything beneath their standards.

I only said they should remove the name 'Carlton' and change it to 'Darwin', they still get to keep their colours, that is the reason why they should merge with Geelong, so they can continue to be blue and white.

I do not know who these minnow teams are?

I only said they should remove the name 'Carlton' and change it to 'Darwin',

Come off of it , I have challenged you numerous times about this ad nauseum.
Remember this just a few posts ago?

As in

So you want to drop Carlton (and three other clubs)at a time when crowds are booming. ratings have jumped and the AFL has never been so bouyant and when rival codes are struggling.

Is that what you are saying?

To this reply

Seems that way doesn't it? Maybe because that is exactly what I am saying.

This is what yo said.

I do not know who these minnow teams are?

You don't know what a minnow is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back