F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts on DR's race? Started 18th, finished 12th. Helped by the retirements of Verstappen, Hamilton & Russell, all of whom were ahead of him. Also helped by the Saubers needing to spend 30 minutes every time they pit, due to cross-threading wheel nuts.

I'd argue that his race day was considerably better than qualifying. May have finished higher if qualifying hadn't been such a disaster. Still not good enough though.
Did what he had to do. It feels like RB are racing with Haas and Williams so getting through to Q2 could well have been the difference between 12th and a points finish. Yuki is certainly holding his own but it's a little early to write Ricciardo off I think.

Not sure why they left Piastri so long on the 2nd set of tyres. Not that it would have mattered position wise.

Ricardo started on the wrong tyre as the soft was no good. Good call to pit him early. Was there and about after that with the midfield runners.

Thoughts on DR's race? Started 18th, finished 12th. Helped by the retirements of Verstappen, Hamilton & Russell, all of whom were ahead of him. Also helped by the Saubers needing to spend 30 minutes every time they pit, due to cross-threading wheel nuts.

I'd argue that his race day was considerably better than qualifying. May have finished higher if qualifying hadn't been such a disaster. Still not good enough though.
IMO the biggest difference between his race and Yuki's race was that Yuki enjoyed the benefit of clear air for the whole run because he was untroubled by the Haas cars and wasn't within cooee of any of the cars in front of him. The pace gap between them wasn't as great as 8th to 12th looks on paper.

Nevertheless Daniel at 35 is a lot closer to being Kevin Magnussen or Nico Hulkenberg than Vettel, Alonso or Hamilton unfortunately, I think the dream of that Red Bull seat was just a mirage. With RB being 6th at best behind AM/Merc I don't think there's a realistic expecation for DR to finish in the points every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could be the end of Shepmates.....tbh nothing of value would be lost if so:

Who or why the f*** should I care about 'Shepmates' or Tik Tok fads or news.com.au?

And we bemoan the standard of journalism nowadays - thanks to you I just gave NewsCorpse a click. Cheers mate. Is this part of the reason why you're a massive critic of a certain driver on the grid?

IMO the biggest difference between his race and Yuki's race was that Yuki enjoyed the benefit of clear air for the whole run because he was untroubled by the Haas cars and wasn't within cooee of any of the cars in front of him. The pace gap between them wasn't as great as 8th to 12th looks on paper.

Nevertheless Daniel at 35 is a lot closer to being Kevin Magnussen or Nico Hulkenberg than Vettel, Alonso or Hamilton unfortunately, I think the dream of that Red Bull seat was just a mirage. With RB being 6th at best behind AM/Merc I don't think there's a realistic expecation for DR to finish in the points every week.

I think unfortunately it was only the most delusional or one-eyed that thought DR was still a real shot at a title. There was that small window when Max was still developing but that window is long shut. The Renault move was understandable but a complete waste of time and probably irrevocably sabotaged his credentials.

Lucked out at Monza, fortunately, but yet again McLaren proved to be mostly a waste of time.

He made the right move to sit out 2023 but 2024 has proven so far to be a complete dud. Thanks for the memories and now our hopes are with Oscar who had another fine race today.

Who or why the f*** should I care about 'Shepmates' or Tik Tok fads or news.com.au?

And we bemoan the standard of journalism nowadays - thanks to you I just gave NewsCorpse a click. Cheers mate. Is this part of the reason why you're a massive critic of a certain driver on the grid?
Way too many hangers on are invited to the GP these days anyway. The amount of "hospitality" areas around the track is mind-numbing compared to what you see at european gran prixs,

haha settle down mate, saw it pop on on Twitter and thought it was clearly related to this thread as it was an invasion of privacy of a driver at the 2024 Australian F1 GP by a bunch of "influencers" whose content pops up on BF all the time. More pointing out the fact that they shouldn't be doing s**t like that...

No idea why you feel for some personal attack. Boo ******* hoo you clicked a hyperlink, you could clearly see its a news.com.au link, look before you click next time if its going to send you into such a hissy fit :sweatsmile:

haha settle down mate, saw it pop on on Twitter and thought it was clearly related to this thread as it was an invasion of privacy of a driver at the 2024 Australian F1 GP by a bunch of "influencers" whose content pops up on BF all the time. More pointing out the fact that they shouldn't be doing s**t like that...

No idea why you feel for some personal attack. Boo ******* hoo you clicked a hyperlink, you could clearly see its a news.com.au link, look before you click next time if its going to send you into such a hissy fit :sweatsmile:

Social media related to F1 is just as toxic af.

It's a big part of the reason why people (like you) have this visceral hatred of drivers which just ruins discussions, and then of course rubbish like trying to get a few laughs from filming a driver at a urinal. I don't get how these dudes 'pop up on BF all the time' - never seen it myself.

If you want to call it a 'hissy fit' then idgaf.

Onboard of RUS shows he was screaming out for a Red Flag when he was in the car, obviously worried someone was going to hit him!

You can see where he is coming from. Car on its side in the middle of the track would be scary from his POV. He is lucky that there was a decent enough gap to the car behind.

You can see where he is coming from. Car on its side in the middle of the track would be scary from his POV. He is lucky that there was a decent enough gap to the car behind.
Oh yeah 100% agree, don't blame him one bit, wouldn't be an enjoyable experience that is for sure

Remove this Banner Ad

Back