F1 in 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

10322717_702137103177911_3832499620981591072_n.jpg

The minimum weight goes up 10kg next year. There was a push to get it through for this year but they couldn't get unanimous agreement from everyone.
Heard someone talking about this during one of the race weekends. And that in reality it wont allow the drivers more weight, but they will spread that around the car.

They need to do something, but its hard because no matter what the boundary it will be pushed down to.

That Force India looks pretty sexy to me. Orange and green is a pretty unattractive colour mix, looks better with only a little bit on the trims.

A $25 million termination payment from Pastor Maldonado's sponsor helped Williams to drive back into profit.
The publicly-listed British team released its 2013 financial results on Friday, showing a $20m operating profit despite a poor season on track.

The Telegraph newspaper said the result was helped by a one-off termination payment made by the Venezuelan oil company PDVSA, who wanted to move their backing of driver Maldonado to the Lotus team for 2014.

:rolleyes:
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/maldonado-paid-25-million-to-leave-williams-report/

Indeed, rumours first surfaced immediately after Sochi's Winter Olympics – held at an estimated cost of £34bn in the midst of the Ukrainian crisis – that President Putin, faced with horrific costs for security detail, had a rethink about the grand prix, which would demand similar levels of security, albeit for a shorter period, but with reduced payoff for the country.

Said our source: "Our president is questioning whether it will be worth it for a race, and when he questions something it seldom happens..."

In addition, poor overall spectator attendance at the Olympics is said to have played a role, for if Russians, well known for their love of winter sports, could not be bothered to visit a warm region in the middle of winter to see the star ice athletes competing, what chance does grand prix racing – of which the average Russian understands zero, save that Vitaly Petrov lost his drive and Daniil Kvyat is attempting to establish himself – stand?

Then, the logistics are frightening for the average Russian: there are just six direct Aeroflot flights per day from Moscow, plus a handful of low-cost airlines flying the route, providing a total of just 2000 seats daily.

Car journeys take almost 24 hours, while trains clatter along for a mindboggling 36 hours to attend a sport Russians generally have no feeling for. Surface travel from St Petersburg adds 12 hours to each mode.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unbelievable last night. Something I've never heard before, or thought would ever hear. David Croft made a good point! Commenting that last night race was a slow burn was a good point that it was hard to acknowledge it even to myself, he's such a flog!

I think with races that are as long as GP's. Setting a set of sporting regs that allow different tactics, that need the discipline to be adhered to the whole race, would make it more legit race imo. The next step would be to allow drivers to use what compound they like for the whole race, instead of being forced to use both. Then, the possibility of going the whole race without a stop.

Haven't read or heard anything about it other than in this German article, I'l reserve my judgement. If this is the case then no more excuses for Seb on track.

Haven't read or heard anything about it other than in this German article, I'l reserve my judgement. If this is the case then no more excuses for Seb on track.
Auto Motor Und Sport are one of the better motorsport news sources.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back