MadTigerFan

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2010
Vic
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Astros, Spurs, 49ers, Liverpool
What's wrong with them? they too old? think they're better than they are? or does this mean nothing at all and they'll win the championship with a bunch of blokes in their mid 30s?

They could assemble the Dream Team (they've tried to) but with Mike Brown as head coach they're not even a contender for home court in the playoffs let alone a title contender. And to think some pundits in the US thought that they could break the Bulls' 72-10 record this season based solely on their new acquisitions. Their head coach is not up to it, he can't manage basic time management of his players on court let alone run the right plays it seems as he's implementing the Princeton Offence despite not really having the right players to make it work, the Lakers should be running the pick and roll.

Having the utmost hatred of the Lakers, I hope they keep him for the long term. They're pretty short on decent point guards as well with Nash nursing his injury currently.

It has to be said however, the Clippers today deservedly won, they look like a very good team (finally), even with Griffin having a relatively quiet one. Jamal Crawford is a great get for them and they looked very solid and extremely tenacious on defense.

They will start playing good soon but the thing that stands out for me is their shitty bench

It's got a touch of the first Miami season with the "Superfriends". They needed another offseason to get better bench players in.

Not sure the Lakers have that luxury if they want D12 to stay.

Stop blaming the coach. Steve Nash can't defend anyone, neither can Blake, World Peace and even Kobe isn't as good defensively as he once was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the Lakers have a myriad of problems.

1. They are running the wrong offence. You have D12 and Nash, two experts at pick n roll yet Brown just wants to implement the *ed Princeton offence which isnt working.

2. Defensively they suck. Gasol is soft, Nash is Nash. Artest and Kobe are now old and not the defenders they use to be. Howard is great but has no help. The back up PG is Steve Blake??

3. The utterly deplorable bench. LAC's bench could go toe to toe with the Lakers starters and be fine. Massive problem for the Lakers.

4. Age is a real problem. Already you have Nash out, D12 is also injury prone and isnt even old.

Side note, how good are the Clippers. So deep. Hollins, Turiaf, Hill, Billups, Bledsoe, Crawford, Barnes... just player after player that can come on and make an impact.

Very slow. All 3 teams have just run and gunned. Slower then Spurs however at least the Spurs were well coached and played into their style. You have Nash who's lost a bit of speed with Kobe, Kobe is still demanding high usage, I;ve seen s**t all from a PNR situation.

On the upside with Gasol the only guy who can function under mike Browns coaching, His stats will inflate and they will get good value for him once he's traded.

Yeah and the Pick and Roll, I dont undertand how Nash has Howard and Gasol as two expert talls who are brilliant at the PNR situation and it's not even something they try.

However i believe they'll bounce back, Too much talent for them to be where they are

BRB off to start a James Harden for MVP thread
Considering he's playing by himself like Love has for years he'll certainly stand out so he's a chance if he can somehow drag them to the playoffs.

rumour going round that the lakers are looking at getting Mike D'Antoni as a possible replacement for Mike Brown

Still very early. I think they'll be alright long run.

Defense will get sorted out over time, Mike Brown's always been a good defensive coach. Just takes time to implement his systems and schemes.

Offensively, I think they need to find a balance between Steve Nash doing Nash things (high PnR with Dwight) and the Princeton. Theoretically, the Princeton offense should help Kobe and Pau a lot, but sticking Dwight in the high post and Nash as a spot up shooter doesn't play to their strengths.

Mmm... interesting times ahead. If they are around .500 in January, I think Brown might be out or Gasol traded.

I think a huge problem with the Lakers is pretty much no defense from the PG position. Nash is great on offense, a spectator on defense and bringing on Blake is even worse cos he is just as bad defensively but gives you nothing going to the other way.

In the West, they will have to go through teams like OKC - Westbrook, LAC - Paul and San Antonio with Parker at the point.

All three of those PG's will give the Lakers fits in a 5 or 7 game series.

I think a huge problem with the Lakers is pretty much no defense from the PG position. Nash is great on offense, a spectator on defense and bringing on Blake is even worse cos he is just as bad defensively but gives you nothing going to the other way.

In the West, they will have to go through teams like OKC - Westbrook, LAC - Paul and San Antonio with Parker at the point.

All three of those PG's will give the Lakers fits in a 5 or 7 game series.

even during the phil jackson reign, our D at PG was weaker than at other spots. Fisher was a crafty player (highly respected too) and knew how to play D, but didnt have the speed. plus everyone loved PJ and would play hard D, or D to the best of their abilities, for him.

mike brown, no one likes or respects.

Well Jackson would never have made the trade for Howard anyways, or if he did he would have at least traded away Metta and Pau to put solid role players and a second unit around Nash, Kobe and Dwight.

I dont think the Lakers will get far in the playoffs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back