Fantasy Footy 2008 - Carlton BF Fans Only!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 11, 2007
History above all others
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Tigers
http://www.fantasyfooty.net.au/cgi-bin/WebObjects/FootySite.woa

I've been doing this FantasyFooty for a couple of years and have found it to be much more interesting that the HeraldSun or SuperCoach.

This FantasyFooty, you hold a live draft, once all the teams are locked in the system creates a draft order and you can select one player at a time and once that player has been chosen nobody else can have him....so for instance Murphy is taken pick one, he is no longer available.

It makes it interesting as people don't have the same players.

During the year you have limited trades with other coaches.

You also select 30 players so you have plenty in reserve.

You have finals during the last 4 weeks of the normal season.

Very interesting way to play fantasy footy...makes it more competitive as nobody has the same gun players!!

Would anybody be interested in playing come season 2008??

If so, i'm happy to run the league, there is a cost involved, however i was thinking if everybody who was interested chipped in $10 hard ones, then that would pay for the comp and the prize money at the end of the year.

If your interested we can have 16, post a reply.

So i'm;
No#1 Blue History

11 AnDSmitMustScore

Me and my mates have been running our own fantasy football league for 10+ years now.

Great excuse for getting together for pizza and a gasbag about footy while watching a game.

And the format pisses all over that s**t herald sun super crap.

11 AnDSmitMustScore

Me and my mates have been running our own fantasy football league for 10+ years now.

Great excuse for getting together for pizza and a gasbag about footy while watching a game.

And the format pisses all over that s**t herald sun super crap.

False, you have no mates

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have our 16 participants, in what looks like could be a good comp.

1. Blue History
2. setanta17
3. lopezz
4. defier
5. bluegal1983
6. whippersnipper
7. blueboy152
8. DamianBis
9. Djibril Cisse
10. Mightymightyblues
11. AndSmithMustScore
12. Dig
13. elgranto
14. Kouta_legend
15. Team Mo'
16. cfc05

If everybody could send me a personal message on BF with an email address so that once i create the league (when the site updates for 2008) i can add you to the league which will send an email to you so that you can accept.

When it comes closer to the time, i think it would be best (open to options) for everybody to transfer $10 to me, that'll pay for the cost to use the website for the league which i think will be about $30, which will leave $130 that i'll hold until the season end, to which the Premiers will get $90, runners up $40.
- no payment no entry, and this prevents ppl who don't win not paying up

How does that sound with everybody??

Pretty much once everybody has joined the league, i'll kick off the draft, to which the draft order will be set by the system, then 1 by 1 you can draft the player of your choice, each selection will have a time limit and if you miss your pick you must wait until the draft is completed to fill that pick.

You have the option prior to the draft to make a draft contingency list, this is very useful to have done as if you aren't by your PC the system will take the next available played that you have on your list....ie your list consists of in order 1. Judd 2. Murphy 3. Stevens 4.Fev etc, prior to your pick Fev, Judd and Murphy have been selected, the system will automatically give you Stevens as he was the first available player from you list.

Once the draft is over, we wait for the season to begin.

There is a forum section available for anybody to post thoughts or discussions...i guess similar to BF, but obviously just for our league.

Apart from that right now, lets just count down the day till we flog the Tigers into 2015!!!:)

- dont forget to send me a Personal Msg on BF with your email address

Remove this Banner Ad

Back