Father Bob passes away

Remove this Banner Ad

kalex6251

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
expect the inner sanctum of australias catholic church are livid watching the publics response to the news of father bobs passing .... absolutely livid :drunk::drunk:

expect the inner sanctum of australias catholic church are livid watching the publics response to the news of father bobs passing .... absolutely livid :drunk::drunk:

The Church hierarchy led by Pell HATED Father Bob. To them a priest should be railing against abortion and gay rights not helping the powerless and weak.

Father Bob also supported mandatory reporting of child abuse claims heard by priests in confessionals, which the Church hierarchy was against.

there was pell, then there was father bob. one was a self-seeking, self-absorbed, creep who looked the other way when children were crying out for help. the other sought out the least among us to give them sustenance and comfort. in the unlikely event there is an afterlife one will rot in hell and the other find eternal peace. r.i.p father bob.

The Church hierarchy led by Pell HATED Father Bob. To them a priest should be railing against abortion and gay rights not helping the powerless and weak.

Father Bob also supported mandatory reporting of child abuse claims heard by priests in confessionals, which the Church hierarchy was against.
Yep, essentially forced this good and decent man out-the rotters.

Father Bob and Pell ran in different circles. I guess Pell and co didn't trust Bob with their secrets. Bob was probably too "Bible God" for them, and not enough "Catholic Church God".

Father Bob and Pell ran in different circles. I guess Pell and co didn't trust Bob with their secrets. Bob was probably too "Bible God" for them, and not enough "Catholic Church God".
hmm! i'd have thought father bob was not a strict adherent to the bible text. that said, he certainly wasn't an adherent to the catholic church version.

was thinking (won't happen) but wouldn't it be delightful if the state funeral service was conducted in a non catholic church. not at all sure st pat's would be his 1st choice.

been a long tiring and back breaking day in the garden ... so much so i cannot for the life of me remember starting this thread (ftr - can remember posting this ..... but ....... f*** me what the hell have i planted out there :drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk: )

[edit] vale father bob maguire

[edit 2] not sure how strict catholic funerals are, but i sincerely hope someones sees fit to let john safron do the eulogy .... 2 people who generally liked each other - sharing a similar warped sense of humour

Father Bob listened to the complaints of men allegedly abused by G Pell as boys, he helped them bring those complaints forward. I think it’s pretty easy to join the rest of the dots.

Father Bob listened to the complaints of men allegedly abused by G Pell as boys, he helped them bring those complaints forward. I think it’s pretty easy to join the rest of the dots.
How many times would he have been sat down by people and told "stop discrediting the church by supporting these victims"

How many meetings would he have walked out of dis-heartened that the person he just spoke to is, at best, enabling paedophilia, and at worst, a paedophile themselves.

Still crickets from the Pell apologists (Dutton and Abbott were the only ones I checked for). Apparently their sympathies for the church are limited to paedos. Funny that.

How many times would he have been sat down by people and told "stop discrediting the church by supporting these victims"

How many meetings would he have walked out of dis-heartened that the person he just spoke to is, at best, enabling paedophilia, and at worst, a paedophile themselves.

Still crickets from the Pell apologists (Dutton and Abbott were the only ones I checked for). Apparently their sympathies for the church are limited to paedos. Funny that.
Seems to be mutual exclusivity between the close supporters of George Pell and Father Bob. As with their afterlives.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was this the same bloke who gave 'Joffa' a glowing character reference after he plead guilty to sexually assaulting a teenager?
There's serious questions as to whether the 'references' used by Jofra's team were actually authorized by the author in questions. Not sure if Father Bob is one such. It appears they may have used old references unrelated to the charges, that Jofra got in the past for work he was doing.

Was this the same bloke who gave 'Joffa' a glowing character reference after he plead guilty to sexually assaulting a teenager?

There's serious questions as to whether the 'references' used by Jofra's team were actually authorized by the author in questions. Not sure if Father Bob is one such. It appears they may have used old references unrelated to the charges, that Jofra got in the past for work he was doing.

It was confirmed the references from Father Bob and at least one other that Corfe used in court were given to Corfe BEFORE the charges were known, bolded is correct.

It was confirmed the references from Father Bob and at least one other that Corfe used in court were given to Corfe BEFORE the charges were known, bolded is correct.
Quick google gets the background

"The court also heard a character reference from Father Bob Maguire. His charity has since said while it did provide a reference for Corfe, it was not supplied for sentencing purposes.

The revelation that old references were provided to court without knowledge has sparked outrage and calls for prosecutors to appeal the sentence."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back