Father sons 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

We'd no longer have a second rounder to bid on the other player as it would be committed to Waterman. We'd have to change our bid on the other player to a first rounder, or to a third rounder as we can't bid something we don't have.

I was suggesting it could be automatically changed to our third?

Just trying to find out if there is a formal process as it may come into play this year given the large number of f/s and academy selections.

We'd no longer have a second rounder to bid on the other player as it would be committed to Waterman. We'd have to change our bid on the other player to a first rounder, or to a third rounder as we can't bid something we don't have.

Just trying to find out if there is a formal process as it may come into play this year given the large number of f/s and academy selections.

The way it's documented as working (though I gather it's actually a bit more casual) is they run down the list of picks from 1 on and give each team a chance to bid on a nominated player or pass. If they nominate someone and it's matched, they get a chance to nominate someone else. As a result West Coast will know whether they've locked up their second round pick on Waterman before they get a chance to use it to bid on someone.

Collingwood every chance of getting Moore in the second round now.

If they lose their last 2 games (every chance) they could finish as low as 12th. Saints, Dees, Lions and Giants wont bid on him. Would need Carlton or Bulldogs to be willing to risk parting with pick 5/6 should the Pies not match. Not sure either would take the risk given the eveness of the draft after the top 4.

Pies getting Moore in the mid 20's, after nabbing someone like Lever, Ahern or Goddard, would be a massive win.

If they lose their last 2 games (every chance) they could finish as low as 12th. Saints, Dees, Lions and Giants wont bid on him. Would need Carlton or Bulldogs to be willing to risk parting with pick 5/6 should the Pies not match. Not sure either would take the risk given the eveness of the draft after the top 4.

Pies getting Moore in the mid 20's, after nabbing someone like Lever, Ahern or Goddard, would be a massive win.

Sorry but this just doesn't make sense

1) Moore would be the 3rd ranked KPF in the draft (Behind McCartin and Wright)
2) Both the WB and Carlton are desperate for KPF
3) The eveness of the draft would make it more likely that a team would pick based on need. (e.g. both clubs need a KPF, the other players available are of roughly the same quality but do not address a need. Lets go with the KPF).

I don't think Carlton would hesitate to nominate Moore, and would be happy to take him if Collingwood didn't counter. Would also put Collingwood in a crap position if they didn't match the bid (e.g if the draft is so even, and they would have been happy to use #10 on Moore, then why wouldn't they use a pick 3 spots higher ???)

Sorry but this just doesn't make sense

1) Moore would be the 3rd ranked KPF in the draft (Behind McCartin and Wright)
2) Both the WB and Carlton are desperate for KPF
3) The eveness of the draft would make it more likely that a team would pick based on need. (e.g. both clubs need a KPF, the other players available are of roughly the same quality but do not address a need. Lets go with the KPF).

I don't think Carlton would hesitate to nominate Moore, and would be happy to take him if Collingwood didn't counter. Would also put Collingwood in a crap position if they didn't match the bid (e.g if the draft is so even, and they would have been happy to use #10 on Moore, then why wouldn't they use a pick 3 spots higher ???)
If Brisbane ends up with pick 5 or worse I'd include them with those two clubs as well.

Moore at 20 would be a Massive Steal. Big as the Grundy Steal we got in 2012

Also just to confirm:

All bids for all players are done first

then

All matching decisions are made after that?

Also - I read that the date for this may be changed - do we know if it will?
Basically what happens is that they go through the draft order, asking each team if they want to bid, as soon as that happens the club nominated for F/S has to match. So, let's say WB bid on Moore with their first pick, if Collingwood match it Collingwood can't put in a bid with that pick.

Basically what happens is that they go through the draft order, asking each team if they want to bid, as soon as that happens the club nominated for F/S has to match. So, let's say WB bid on Moore with their first pick, if Collingwood match it Collingwood can't put in a bid with that pick.

And then I assume WB would have the opportunity to bid on a second player (should they choose) as they were unsuccessful in getting Moore?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And then I assume WB would have the opportunity to bid on a second player (should they choose) as they were unsuccessful in getting Moore?
Yes, that happened with Daniher/Viney in 2012

Expensive List created by Myself with help from Bigfooty Bulldogs Gang:

Eligible Father/Son Selections

Jayden Foster - (2013 Draft)
Zaine Cordy - (2014 Draft)
Josh Wallis - (2014 Draft)
Michael Romero (2015? Draft)
Darcy MacPherson - (2015 Draft)
Jacob Smith - (2015 Draft)
Rhylee West - (2018 Draft)
Sam Darcy - (2019 Draft)
*Oliver Liberatore (2019? Draft)
Cooper West - (2021 Draft)
Kobi West - (2021 Draft)
Kyan Eagleton - (2022 Draft)
Mitchell Croft - (2022 Draft)
Jordan Croft - (2022 Draft)
Tom Garlick - (2023 Draft)
Max Darcy - (2023 Draft)
Jarvis Murphy - (2023 Draft)
Jack Johnson - (2023 Draft)
Harry Cameron - (2024 Draft)
Lukas Eagleton - (2025 Draft)
Jaxon Cooney - (2025 Draft)
Oliver Grant - (2025 Draft)
Jarvis Murphy - (2025 Draft)
Cohen Lake - (2025 Draft)
Sonny Garlick - (2025 Draft)
Riley Morris - (2026 Draft)
Zakaria Daniel Mark Southern (2028 Draft)
Malachy Picken - (2030 Draft)
Otis Giansiracusa - (2030 Draft)
Tyler Cross - (2030 Draft)

Unsure of Age
(Leon) Jack Cameron - ??

Featuring Zaine Cordy, Michael Romero and Darcy MacPherson...
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/2013-09-25/future-fatherson-prospects-at-whitten-oval

F/S Stats:
Jayden Foster
http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_i...96134439&client=1-3020-111723-253881-18717768

Zaine Cordy
http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_i...96055708&client=1-3020-111704-253881-18717771

Michael Romero
http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_i...87569&client=0-3922-48421-257723-10422937

Darcy MacPherson
http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_i...11247&client=1-3913-48185-257086-16985265
Romero has three boys, heard the youngest is the most talented. and heard Macphersons and smiths and scott west 2 kids are very good juniors

Any good mate? Obviously still very early but yeah
Outstanding athlete, has represented his school multiple times on the track. As a footballer, he's playing 1sts as a Year 10 and is quite solid, he's no Libba/Wallis though. That being said, I believe he has given up aths to be a footballer.

Outstanding athlete, has represented his school multiple times on the track. As a footballer, he's playing 1sts as a Year 10 and is quite solid, he's no Libba/Wallis though. That being said, I believe he has given up aths to be a footballer.
Good to know, cheers mate.

Cordy and Foster this year and Macpherson next year are all looking reasonably good. Maybe not the same quality as some of our other recent FS' but it's nice to have options anyway.

Very disappointed Jake Stringers missus has just given birth to a girl the other day :(

Good to know, cheers mate.

Cordy and Foster this year and Macpherson next year are all looking reasonably good. Maybe not the same quality as some of our other recent FS' but it's nice to have options anyway.

Very disappointed Jake Stringers missus has just given birth to a girl the other day :(

/Delist

Get the feeling the Dogs may end up being the first team to be outbid on a father/son prospect with so many coming through the ranks in the next 3 - 5 years.

Jayden Foster (from a statistical p.o.v) looks a ripper for next year.

They only need to keep using their next pick so if they have to match a few clubs with 1st rounders bidding for diff players then they will just use 1st round, 2nd round, 3rd round etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back