Favourite Weight Division(s)

Remove this Banner Ad

Squiba

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Wondering what weight division the BF MMA/Combat fans most prefer to watch or follow?

I enjoy watching pretty well all the fighting, but my personal favourite weight classes have got to be Welter Weight, Light Weight and Light Heavy Weight; with feather weight also being a good watch.
The WW's and LW's are well balanced fighters, speed and power; and often around the size of your average bloke. The LHW's are powerful but not as slow and restricted athletically as most of the Heavy weight fighters. Similarly the featherweights are super quick and still able to knock each other out.

So yeah, what Weight divisions do you like most?

Welterweight, Lightweight and Featherweight are my favourites. Lots of good fighters means lots of interesting fights. I'd say LW is my favourite division. It's the deepest and has never had a fighter hold the title for a long time like WW and FeW have. HW has never had a fighter hold the title for a long time either, but it's a lot different to LW.

Light-heavyweight has some really good fighters at the top of the division, but way less depth than the three I like the most. Fights between the top 5 fighters are going to be great, but outside of that the division isn't that interesting to me. HW is pretty similar. MW is pretty similar too. Those divisions drops off after the top 5-10. BW has young fighters climbing the ranks and other top fighters who can't get healthy. In a year or two that division will be really good. Flyweight's a new division and lacks the depth of the best divisions.

On the women's side, Strawweight is a much better division than BW even though the fighters at SW are less experienced. The gap between those divisions is only going to increase in the future.

Thread needs a poll.

FW, LW, WW for me. Talent & depth.

MW has the potential to really open up but Jones coming back to LHW will kill the division until he goes to HW.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back