FIFA World Cup Brasil 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

pretty dulll first half. Frenchies shots on goal have been the only real excitement outside the German goal.

Lucy Zelic has a really annoying high pitch inflection at the end of her sentences . really bugging me the last few nights after ignoring it during the early part of the world cup coverage.

pretty dulll first half. Frenchies shots on goal have been the only real excitement outside the German goal.

Lucy Zelic has a really annoying high pitch inflection at the end of her sentences . really bugging me the last few nights after ignoring it during the early part of the world cup coverage.

very average game, looked too hot for football

Germany rolls over France again. The French see the German wehrmacht on the other side of the centreline and the Maginot Line just folds.

Germany rolls over France again. The French see the German wehrmacht on the other side of the centreline and the Maginot Line just folds.
To quote General Patton, "I'd rather have a German division in front of me, than a French division behind me".

You know what has disappointed the most, in this WC coverage?

Martin Tyler. I love his work, I love him as a man. the ultimate professional, BUT ......

Wouldn't be obvious to everyone but his disdain for Germany has really irked me, this tournament. I've lost count of how many times he has referred to Lampard's disallowed goal. against Germany in 2010, and how the outcome may have been different ...

Germany won 4-1, FFS mate, GET OVER IT!!!

To quote General Patton, "I'd rather have a German division in front of me, than a French division behind me".
up against it in the semi, brazil have a couple out but still have their best player fee-fah. expect a couple of dodgy decisions, maybe a soft penalty.
will be riots if it isnt a brazil - argentina final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

7-1 well FCUK me.

Enjoy werner, one game to go.

_76135061_08aedf75-d53f-4ae4-a7c2-5db968f98042.jpg

Brazil 1-7 Germany (Seven)

Posted at 23:31

As if that loss wasn't incredible enough, bear in mind that it was Brazil's first competitive home defeat in 64 matches and more than 38 years, since losing their 1975 Copa America semi-final 3-1 to Peru, which was also in Belo Horizonte.

Germany vs Brazil

The view from Germany
Brazil 1-7 Germany (Seven)

Posted at 23:20

_76134885_bildsport.jpg

"7-1 Madness!" write Germany newspaper Bild. "Lightning DFB team knock out Brazil."

Germany’s loss to Brazil in the 2002 World Cup caused change of direction and significant funding boost
David Davutovic Rio de Janeiro

http://www.news.com.au/sport/footba...nt-funding-boost/story-fnkjl6g2-1226980650082

Good article and why German football is in a strong position.

As much as I like Craig Foster, he cr*ps on about Pep Guardiola's influence on this German team. Fozzie is a Barcelona supporter gets it off on Guardiola. Whilst Guardiola is a great football coach, he has had little to do with the development of this powerhouse German team, just because he took control of Bayern Munich 1 year ago. He took control of the best club team in the world who were reigning European Champions and under his management they got smashed in the semis this year.

Germany invested in its youth academy because of their poor performance in the 1998 World Cup. They overachieved by reaching the semis in the 2006 WC which they hosted, but they blooded some players in that campaign who are now some of the best in the world at what they do. In 2010, they blooded more young guns and had some impressive wins (4-1 v England and 4-0 v Argentina) on their way to making the semis - which they lost to Spain at the height of their dominance.

This time round, those players are playing their 2nd or 3rd world cup campaigns (or if you are Klose, it's his 4th). They are better for their past WC and Euro experiences and they have the nucleus of the current powerful Bayern Munich side. They have quality and would be worthy of being WC champions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back