Sport FIFA world cup Brazil 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

FLw3dQU.jpg

I'd just like to nominate Michael Emenalo for businessman of the year. We somehow got 50 million pounds for Luiz.

FFP funny buggers. You'll pay an obscene amount to one of those clubs next year and the money laundering cycle will go on.

Actually feel sorry for Julio Cesar. There's really not much he could've done, he just kept being stranded by his defence and midfield.

Nah * him, he's just about the biggest campaigner on the campaigneriest team in the tournament.

FFP funny buggers. You'll pay an obscene amount to one of those clubs next year and the money laundering cycle will go on.
We're well within FFP actually. If PSG want to be dickheads about it, that's their perogative.

Yep, Chelsea the bastions of moral and financial integrity.
While the spending was a bit crazy in the past, in the last couple of years it's become much more legitimate I suppose would be the word. Sticking well well within the bounds of FFP, and still being able to spend the amount we do is indicative of smart business. There's a reason we had more players out on loan than any other club last season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While the spending was a bit crazy in the past, in the last couple of years it's become much more legitimate I suppose would be the word. Sticking well well within the bounds of FFP, and still being able to spend the amount we do is indicative of smart business. There's a reason we had more players out on loan than any other club last season.

The 'new' way is to buy promising kids from over Europe you never intent to keep, loan them out til they are quality then sell them for a profit.. best part is you never paid a cent in wages!

Tell me, do you think £50m for Luiz was a genuine bid in a climate where Fabregas and Sanchez go for £30m?

Tell me, do you think £50m for Luiz was a genuine bid in a climate where Fabregas and Sanchez go for £30m?

And considering the guy he belatedly replaced in Mamadou Sakho, a Parisian since birth, played through the ranks at PSG, youngest ever club captain etc went for £17M to Liverpool, ie a third of the price! While he was on the pitch, France conceded one goal for the tournament. It just happened to be the decisive goal against the now World Champions in Germany. And Hummels is just a bit awesome in the air.

And considering the guy he belatedly replaced in Mamadou Sakho, a Parisian since birth, played through the ranks at PSG, youngest ever club captain etc went for £17M to Liverpool, ie a third of the price! While he was on the pitch, France conceded one goal for the tournament. It just happened to be the decisive goal against the now World Champions in Germany. And Hummels is just a bit awesome in the air.

But nah, we're all FFP kosher here.

the market works in funny ways, just depends who wants what and when, rememebr Carroll? Remeber Kaka? Henderson? stupid prices... no real rhyme or reason to it sometimes.

Luiz is quite marketable, helps the shirt sales, plus the allure of the silva/luiz partnership may have promoted them to pay up.

Im not saying he is worth that... in hindsight the wc has proven that he isnt but pre world cup he was wanted by the big clubs, psg, barca ect... its not all a great conspiracy. Unless we go and buy lazezzi for 50 million.. then i'll go along with you on it..

You're missing my point.

Do you honestly think 50m was a sincere bid? Just because PSG can afford it doesn't mean they're going to pay 20m (or for the cynics 50m) over the odds just for the sake of it. There's a difference between spending big and spending silly.

You watch, the oiligarch clubs will throw silly money around between each other when it suits them to get around FFP.

You're missing my point.

Do you honestly think 50m was a sincere bid? Just because PSG can afford it doesn't mean they're going to pay 20m (or for the cynics 50m) over the odds just for the sake of it. There's a difference between spending big and spending silly.

You watch, the oiligarch clubs will throw silly money around between each other when it suits them to get around FFP.
Yeah I think it was a sincere bid. They wanted him, we didn't want to sell him and he had a bit of time on his contract still.
Just last year the asking price was 40m, combine that with the fact that we didn't want to sell, I absolutely think it's a sincere bid.

Still don't see why this relates to Chelsea falling well within FFP restrictions though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back