Jul 25, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
From here: http://www.kangaroos.com.au/season 2009/tabid/4910/default.aspx

North Melbourne Vs St Kilda
Sunday, August 23
Etihad Stadium, 1.10pm

B: Levi Greenwood (24) Nathan Grima (17) Scott McMahon (42)
HB: Scott Thompson (16) Josh Gibson (38) Ed Lower (2)
C: Liam Anthony (44) Michael Firrito (11) Brent Harvey (29)
HF: Cruize Garlett (32) Lachie Hansen (6) Matt Campbell (33)
F: Andrew Swallow (9) Drew Petrie (20) Aaron Edwards (27)
R: Hamish McIntosh (1) Leigh Adams (13) Brady Rawlings (3)
INT: Josh Smith (18) Todd Goldstein (22) Shannon Watt (36) Alan Obst (40)
EMERG: Sam Power (5) Lindsay Thomas (12) Daniel Pratt (30)

IN: Ed Lower, Josh Smith, Aaron Edwards, Cruize Garlett, Shannon Watt, Alan Obst
OUT: Daniel Harris, Sam Power, Lindsay Thomas, Gavin Urquhart, Corey Jones, Daniel Pratt

I am actually surprised that Lindsay Thomas has been dropped. I thought the past couple of weeks he has actually been much better from a playing the ball point of view and thought he could have held his spot because of it.
We all know he goes down and more importantly stays down over very soft incidences or even if there was no incident where as the past 2 - 3 weeks he has got back up much quicker and not played for the free kick which I think is a great sign if he can cut his scuba steve part of his game out

Most of the ins are probably there as a last chance.

Depends whether Scott had any influence in the team selection this week. But id say it will go a long way to helping him decide who or not to cut

Urquhart and Thomas are the future and have locked in a place for next year. The others dropped may well be gone and the others coming in like obst would be playing for their life.

Well if Wundke and Riggio are not playing now, they never will. Gone. Simmo and Watt are gone. So that's 4. Obst, Edwards, Smith and Lower are playing for their careers. Pratt and Jones should be safe, Harro and Power in trouble. A decision may already have been made there.

Very interesting changes. I'm quite pleased that all these guys are getting a chance to show their worth, though I don't think it's a team necessarily picked to win a game of football. What are those mobile all-terrain military assault vehicles called?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crocker quite obviolsy shitting his pants that he'll lose his job coz he hasn't given the kids enough of a run this season, so is throwing them all in plus the kitchen sink for the last 2 games.

Are you going to pull out your cheque book to cover his 2010 salary pay out?

Crocker quite obviolsy shitting his pants that he'll lose his job coz he hasn't given the kids enough of a run this season, so is throwing them all in plus the kitchen sink for the last 2 games.
Do you honestly think that's what is happening here? I mean I know you love to be controversial but I don't think you have thought this one through.

Very interesting changes. I'm quite pleased that all these guys are getting a chance to show their worth, though I don't think it's a team necessarily picked to win a game of football. What are those mobile all-terrain military assault vehicles called?

ASLAVs? Bushmasters? APCs?

I really hope Lower, Edwards, and Smith show enough to be retained for 2010. Cruize is safe so he can afford to have a quiet one surely.

Obst is the unknown.

I heard these guys had been going well in the two's, so I'm happy to see them all get a shot. Good to have a look at Josh Smith, Obst and Lower, as well as Cruize. Could've almost dropped Lachie and a few others, would've been nice to see Ross or Riggio before the year is out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back