FireBird's Top 18 Mock

Remove this Banner Ad

If we pick up De Boer at 11, our recruiting department needs to be shot. He may be good at clearances but his disposal is poor, and there are other players far far ahead of him.

I wouldn't even use a 2nd round pick on him, players disposal, rarely gets better. Robinson and Swift would be considered way before De Boer and are equally good at the clearances.

Do you even know what your talking about Robinson is an outside player a winger he does not even compare to DeBoer at clearence work. Collingwood need an extractor. DeBoer was rated as a top 10 pick earlier on the potential is there.

15. Geelong [Aaron Cornelius]: The Cats need a forward, they found out the hard way. There seems to be questions floating around Hawkins they need a second tall forward anyway and Cornelius fits the bill. Good pace, reads the play very good contested mark, good skills but his goalkicking can be iffy at times.

You refer to the queries on Hurley's pace, which were confirmed after his 3.11 over 20 metres, yet you believe that it's one of Cornelius' strengths. Unfortunately, Cornelius ran a slightly slower 3.12 over 20 metres at DC. Although having seen him at Casey Fields earlier this year I quite liked him as a footballer.

I have heard that recruiters are concerned by aspects of his personality, which may see him drop.

You refer to the queries on Hurley's pace, which were confirmed after his 3.11 over 20 metres, yet you believe that it's one of Cornelius' strengths. Unfortunately, Cornelius ran a slightly slower 3.12 over 20 metres at DC. Although having seen him at Casey Fields earlier this year I quite liked him as a footballer.

I have heard that recruiters are concerned by aspects of his personality, which may see him drop.

If thats the case then I suggest Geelong would be unlikely to take him. They place a very high value on character.

And the last thing we need is another iffy kick for goal in the forward line :rolleyes:

3.12?! Did not look that slow from the games I saw him in :confused:

Re: FireBird's Top 10 Mock

How could you spell his name wrong, twice, when it's right in front of you?
You ask this of a guy that's had about 8 mock drafts, all having changed dramatically, as well as an 8 "set in stone", that reflects none of his mock drafts.

Ask yourself, are you surprised in the slightest?

Yarran will depend on the clubs. I do hear Essendon is considering him (I hope not though as I don't rate him a top 5 pick. I can see him going at the back end of the first round
Brisbane are dead keen.

It would not surprise me in the slightest to see him go at 7.

The top 10 is almost about throwing the same names around, you can really see what the thoughts behind a mock draft are like in the later rounds.
I've been messing around with a mock draft recently, it actually takes a long time. (Trying to do up to pick 50)

It sure does. I've been doing one for over 2 months. Prior to that was just rankings.

Brisbane are dead keen.

It would not surprise me in the slightest to see him go at 7.

Would not be surprised, Brisnae need a bit more class up forward and through the middle, Yarran gives you that

Don't know if we'll go De Boer....but agree with your reasoning. The best avaible in and under player is what we should take.

Kind of makes me wish we crash out of finals in the first round.

Think that is a very accurate and well thought out mock draft.

Thanks. Yeh Pies will be stoked if one of Hartlett/Ziebell/Sidebottom slipped to their pick.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back