Rumour Fletcher to Retire?

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets draft ken and dustin along with max and mason and have em play one game

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

but not oldest
Of course I was referring to the break that Vic Cumberland took.

On the day of his 166th game, he was 38y 35d.
On the day of his 167th game, he was 42y 339d.
And on the day of his 176th and final game, he was 43y 50d.

Thus, players that played when they were:
39 years old - Jim Flynn, Jack Leith, Ted Rowell, Syd Barker, Dustin Fletcher
40 years old - Dustin Fletcher
41 years old - n/a
42 years old - Vic Cumberland
43 years old - Vic Cumberland

The simple fact is that with each passing day he will retire, something most AFL players have in common. The only over riding point will be, he may die of shock if Giles get an AFL game.:)

The Watson thread got shut down for an unknown reason so without starting a new thread that will get closed I thought I'd post it in here.
But it is in regards to this photo below:

Jobe+Watson+England+v+Australia+3rd+Investec+prIa2wzPvdTl.jpg

I wasn't convinced there was something going on here until now.

Watson had surgery July 9 I think from memory, this was taken yesterday, so he must of been out of the sling on at least the 27th I would have thought, as it pretty much takes a day to fly to the UK, and I'd assume he would have arrived the day before the test at an absolute minimum.
That is a maximum of 2 and a half weeks in a sling!

Having recently had shoulder surgery myself, I was in a sling for 6 weeks. This makes absolutely no sense to me, and I have not read anywhere of any person having surgery having been out of a sling in 2 weeks, and even asked my surgeon which said he has never allowed any patient to be out of a sling that quick.

Now, someone tell me this isn't strange. Why is Watson out of a sling after 2 weeks compared to Ablett, Pendlebury and so many others who were in a sling for a month plus.

Thread should be re-opened I would have thought.

I had pretty good old shoulder and muscle surgery earlier this year.

Before the surgery the guy talked about up to six weeks in a sling. Right after it was to wean myself off after 10 days and to move to only using when sleeping after 3 weeks. Started minor physio the day after the operation.

I went through the same group as Jobe, but a different surgeon.

At 54 I look to Fletch as inspiration to get my career underway.

Last edited:
The Watson thread got shut down for an unknown reason so without starting a new thread that will get closed I thought I'd post it in here.

Watson had surgery July 9 I think from memory, this was taken yesterday, so he must of been out of the sling on at least the 27th I would have thought, as it pretty much takes a day to fly to the UK, and I'd assume he would have arrived the day before the test at an absolute minimum.

Having recently had shoulder surgery myself, I was in a sling for 6 weeks. This makes absolutely no sense to me, and I have not read anywhere of any person having surgery having been out of a sling in 2 weeks, and even asked my surgeon which said he has never allowed any patient to be out of a sling that quick.

Now, someone tell me this isn't strange. Why is Watson out of a sling after 2 weeks compared to Ablett, Pendlebury and so many others who were in a sling for a month plus.

57462870.jpg

Wouldn't be surprised if his injury was bs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He won't play another game unfortunately. He'll announce his retirement either in the coming weeks or straight after the season.

Congrats to Fletcher on a magnificent career.

Can confirm he won't play against Collingwood in the final round and unfortunately his time is up.

Congrats Fletch on getting to 400.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back