• a) More frustrating than 2013?

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • b) Mixed first year for new coach?

Votes: 57 58.8%
  • c) Useful reality check?

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • d) the Priddis Brownlow Year?

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • e) something that bodes well for Muzz?

Votes: 7 7.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon we get more out of narrowly missing finals, vs making the finals....

This at least means that changes will follow. Is it just me, or does a midfield of Shuey, Gaff, Yeo & Sheed (with Nata) sound tantalizing?

Reckon we get more out of narrowly missing finals, vs making the finals....

This at least means that changes will follow. Is it just me, or does a midfield of Shuey, Gaff, Yeo & Sheed (with Nata) sound tantalizing?

It did until you mentioned Sheed. :p

Well thats a huge win innit

Btw we had daniel kerr and andrew embley inthe team back then - we dont now

Exactly, you have just answered your own question.
The problem is not that Priddis is in the team, it's that there is no decent players around him.

I challenge all the players to lift:
Gaff, Shuey, Masten, Selwood, Yeo, Cripps.

Priddis can stay in the side while he is still necessary and once those others lift their game there is no reason we can't finish higher than 4th and 5th (or 7-12 if you like) with or without Priddis.

Priddis can stay in the side while he is still necessary and once those others lift their game there is no reason we can't finish higher than 4th and 5th (or 7-12 if you like) with or without Priddis.

Okay well here's and idea for round one. Priddis can GTFO and Yeo takes his full time midfield gig. Just for 1 round. That's all. Just see what happens.

People ask the others to 'step up', but it's rather difficult unless they get an opportunity. I'm hoping next year, Matt will be 'rested' for once in his life, to give the others that opportunity.

#ididntbringpriddisupsodontcrymods

The problem is not that Priddis is in the team, it's that there is no decent players around him.

If I had a dollar for every time Somone said this I'd be rich.

You can challenge those players all you like but you excuse priddis flaws. You should challenge him to improve as well. He is not the perfect footballer.
Our entire midfield needs to lift, including priddis if we are to go anywhere near a flag.

6/10.

We know our strengths.
We know our weaknesses.
They've both been on display for the last two, if not three years now.

We've seen for long enough what's holding us back from finishing in the top four.
It's now time for the Football department to make the next step.

Okay well here's and idea for round one. Priddis can GTFO and Yeo takes his full time midfield gig. Just for 1 round. That's all. Just see what happens.

People ask the others to 'step up', but it's rather difficult unless they get an opportunity. I'm hoping next year, Matt will be 'rested' for once in his life, to give the others that opportunity.

#ididntbringpriddisupsodontcrymods

I have no problems this (Yeo getting a run), I hope he does.

Also, they have the opportunity to step up every time the play a game whether it be WAFL or AFL and at training as well.
I really can't understand why you all think there is a better option there instead of Priddis but for silly, imaginated reasons they don't get a go.
Maybe they don't get a go, because they are worse at the role than priddis....

Let's face it, we have a brand new coaching panel with no love for Priddis when they turn up and yet they use him exactly the same as Worsfold, that must tell you about how good everyone else is at that role.

If I had a dollar for every time Somone said this I'd be rich.

You can challenge those players all you like but you excuse priddis flaws. You should challenge him to improve as well. He is not the perfect footballer.
Our entire midfield needs to lift, including priddis if we are to go anywhere near a flag.

I challenge Priddis to lift too.

Tell me which of the young up and comers at geelong "pushed" chappy out

Which up and comer "pushed" podsiadly out

You cahllenge everyone but the guy who is a spud to get better

****ed up logic

I think the ladder gives us quite an accurate score. 9/18, which is 5/10 in common terms. A bare minimum pass.

We saw the results of some excellent recruiting last year (Ellis and Yeo) and a had some guys on our list emerge (Bennell, McGovern and Hutchings). However not much impact from the first year draftees, and worryingly we haven't had that since 2011. We've had to watch other clubs claim rising star nominations.

Our performance improved slightly, but our percentage flatters us due to our weak draw. Next year should give us something more even, and will be a sterner test.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tell me which of the young up and comers at geelong "pushed" chappy out

Which up and comer "pushed" podsiadly out

You cahllenge everyone but the guy who is a spud to get better

****** up logic
Actually, I made a joke of your bizarre statement that we couldn't finish higher than 7-12 with Priddis in the team.

Also that spud is likely to be AA, Club BnF and a top 5-10 Brownlow poller this year.

Its ****** that every thread turns into a plodder thread but there is a percentage of people on this board who firmly believe our club continuing to play him means we wont win a premiership. Zero chance. Nil nada nothing.

Now of course if you dont feel that way about him then it constantly being bought up is an annoyance. From the perspective of someone who firmly does believe it - everything else is a waste of time till hes gone

New coach, new management, new game plan, new rules, unless we draft chris judd and ben cousins this draft and they immediately push him to the side ( which the priddis supporters feel is the progression) we are doomed to 7-12 ish and no premiership.

So of course to us it dominates our thinking.

Pretty sure we have finished 4th and fifth with priddis in the team.....

Actually, I made a joke of your bizarre statement that we couldn't finish higher than 7-12 with Priddis in the team.

Also that spud is likely to be AA, Club BnF and a top 5-10 Brownlow poller this year.

Two good disposals in the first term from your starting mid plays close to 90 percent game time - one was a dinky little sideways kick to cox that at least didnt go to the opposition/ no advantage like his other kicks

We wont finish higher than 7-11 with him taking those minutes - he contibutes at best a goal or so a game - he costs two or more a game from turnovers and general slowness - ill keep putting vids up till you get it

Does anyone else thing our year resembled North's year last year?. Lost plenty of close games but rarely got blown out of the water. IMO the back end of the year was encouraging as it looked like the playing group started to come to terms with Simmo's game plan. Will be highly interested in the result of Simmo's philosophy for the 2015 pre season and whether it has an impact. 6.5/10 for mine about where most were expecting. For those who were expecting finals I think that was delusional and overly optimistic.

Does anyone else thing our year resembled North's year last year?. Lost plenty of close games but rarely got blown out of the water. IMO the back end of the year was encouraging as it looked like the playing group started to come to terms with Simmo's game plan. Will be highly interested in the result of Simmo's philosophy for the 2015 pre season and whether it has an impact. 6.5/10 for mine about where most were expecting. For those who were expecting finals I think that was delusional and overly optimistic.

tell you whats pretty awesome from watching all these vids over and over - we can match it with everyone - for periods - we pantsed freo in the second quarter of the first game - we also kicked about 99 billion behinds - looking at scooter and hutchings

but hutchings was coming good towards the end of the year - and scooter wasnt as bad as everyone thought - it was just every time he shot at goal he missed - his gameplay was frikken awesome - some amazing passes and dont argues etc - he is down graded by everyone because of horrible shots on goal - sorta dragged his average down - he will be back - absolutely towelled fyfe in the second - after he got 13 on hutch in the first

Back