Fox Footy exposes Port blatantly "bending the rules" during the Showdown

Remove this Banner Ad

The only thing more annoying and juvenile than the two boards obsessing over each other, is the obsession with trying to point out how obsessed the other side is.

Stabby the only thing worse than that is how obsessed you are with how obsessed each side is with pointing out how obsessed the other side is about how obsessed with..

Ah f*** it...

uhgkXHH.jpg

The only thing more annoying and juvenile than the two boards obsessing over each other, is the obsession with trying to point out how obsessed the other side is.

How about your obsession with 'out maturing' the rest of the board? :p

I remember one prelim final the umpire told an opposition player, your not allowed to do that. But didn't do anything about it. It should of been a free kick to us in front of goal. If i wanted i could recall that many similar incidents where basic rules are thrown out the window if our oppisition is offending. Especialy in front of our goal.

I know that some players and clubs exploit this anomaly when playing us.

I have no issue with taking another ball from the bag as soon as the ball crosses the line, but I don't think a player who is one of the 18 on the field, regardless if he's inside or outside the boundary/goal line should be allowed to take possession of an official game ball while another game ball is still in the field of play.

It's clever and I'm not begrudging Port for using the rules to their advantage, however, there needs to be an amendment to the rule to cover such incidents because there is something fundamentally wrong with a player holding on to a potential "in play" game ball when there's already another ball in play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was there anything more about this?

Is it just me or if we did this the day after it came out Rucci would have an article exposing us and every single time we did it throughout the season, highlighting wins with low margins and how this cheating helped us get over the line?
Umps picked them up for it Sunday so safe to say they are being watched and the exposure was effective

The AFL is on to it. After the first point Melbourne kicked the field umpire doing the forward line made the Port player (Pittard I think) return the ball that he already had in his hand and get another one out the bag, along with an explanation to the player at fault.

They just highlighted the incident on On The Couch. Jonas was the guilty bastard.

Last edited:
So, now they know for sure that it is against the rules, and they are still trying to slip it by the umpire?

So much for the excuse that they just thought they were being innovative.

If they are knowingly trying the break the rules, can the thread go back to 'cheating'?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back