List Mgmt. Free Agency and trade hypothetical thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dasher, if we trade out Schoey and Lake retires at the end of next year, where do you see our next KPD coming from? Frawley can't do it all himself and Gibbo ain't getting any younger, so that puts the spotlight on Brand and Kiwi. Brand is developing but I can't see him holding down a senior spot for a couple of years. Kiwi has the necessary aggro and can kill a contest, but is that enough to fit into Clarko's elite, mean, fighting machine? Your thoughts? Maybe trading Schoey needs a bit more thought by our recruiters.
Could not agree more. Key backs are much harder to find than mids. Lake one more year at most so is not in the equation. I still think Grimley should have been played at CHB for Box Hill full time to learn how to play this position. Had nothing to lose by trying this because it now looks like he will move on

Hawks Receive: Pick 29 + Pick 47
GC Receive: Hallahan + 43

Hawks Receive: Pick 20 + Pick 71
Essendon Receive: Lowden + Pick 29 + Pick 59

Hawks Receive: Pick 10 + Pick 31
Adelaide Receive: Cheney + Schoenmakers + Pick 20

Hawks end up with picks 10, 31, 47, 71 with the last pick to upgrade wilsmore from the rookie list.

In Wright we trust! :p

The quality of the players that we are being forced to trade and move on is amazing. Very difficult to do but a measure of our success. I really was convinced that Hallahan would replace Sewell .Also Lowden looks a natural replacement for Hale when he moves on. Dangerous to rely on McEvoy and Ceglar as our only 2 rucks

Hawks Receive: Pick 29 + Pick 47
GC Receive: Hallahan + 43

Hawks Receive: Pick 20 + Pick 71
Essendon Receive: Lowden + Pick 29 + Pick 59

Hawks Receive: Pick 10 + Pick 31
Adelaide Receive: Cheney + Schoenmakers + Pick 20

Hawks end up with picks 10, 31, 47, 71 with the last pick to upgrade wilsmore from the rookie list.

In Wright we trust! :p

I'd like to think that Hallahan trade could happen without the downgrade. The Adelaide trade would be tempting. I doubt Cheney, Schoey, Hallahan and Lowden will all move. It'll be one of Cheney or Schoey + one of Grimey or Lowden I'd imagine. We only need two list spots and it'd have to be a great deal to move on more than that. Don't see it happening in half a day.

GWS, it's your lucky day! Sure, you lost Boyd, a massive hit to your key forwards, but do I have a deal for you! We're willing to swap another strong key forward with plenty of years in the system for the measly pick of... 15? Yes, I'm sure you've all heard of the legend of Sam Grimley... the Grim Reaper, if you'd prefer... with dashing good looks and ability that just oozes through his pores. Only pick 15, I hear you ask? Yes, you heard correctly. But it's for a limited time only! Conditions apply.*

*No swap backs.

Hallahan+Lowden+43 to Norf for 25
Hallahan slots in for Greenwood
Lowden provides coverage for Goldstein

Grimley to St Kilda for 41
St Kilda need to replace one tall blonde decoy forward with another I figure

Hallahan+Lowden+43 to Norf for 25
Hallahan slots in for Greenwood
Lowden provides coverage for Goldstein

Grimley to St Kilda for 41
St Kilda need to replace one tall blonde decoy forward with another I figure

My preference would be to just keep Hallahan if we aren't getting a pick in the first round, but if we HAVE to trade him, I'd rather keep Lowden and 43 and just trade Hallahan to the Suns for pick 29.
Every chance the player we get at 25 will be their at 29 considering the evenness of the draft after the first 5-10.

I'm not sure why in a year we have a good chance at winning a premiership we get rid of depth, especially young depth.

The only real reason to lower our chance at winning another premiership (only by a tiny amount I know) is to fix the glaring issue on our list which is our ageing stars.

I was reading and have heard from inside of St. Kilda that hawthorn is pushing hard for the number 1 pick. They have apparently started with Cheney, Lowden, Shoey, Lowden and (Hallahan 50/50)
Im not saying its true but i think it fills a need in the saints and brings in players from a good culture

Like this please :):D

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was reading and have heard from inside of St. Kilda that hawthorn is pushing hard for the number 1 pick. They have apparently started with Cheney, Lowden, Shoey, Lowden and (Hallahan 50/50)
Im not saying its true but i think it fills a need in the saints and brings in players from a good culture
I suppose there is precedence - in 1988 we gave Harding, Russo and Handley to the saints for pick 1.

Lightning strikes twice?

Like this please :):D
No way can they have both Lowdens plus half of Hallahan...

1 Lowden + .75 Hallahan or GTFO!

This is not really a hypothetical because I have it on good authority, and when I mean good authority virtually the horses mouth, if any of you were the list manager would you have taken breust for picks 4 & 7?

edit: Bruest for pick 4 & 6?

Last edited:
This is not really a hypothetical because I have it on good authority, and when I mean good authority virtually the horses mouth, if any of you were the list manager would you have taken breust for picks 4 & 7?

edit: Bruest for pick 4 & 6?
No
That would destroy the club, and is one reason why we had the luxury of letting Hallahan leave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back