Review Fremantle d North Melbourne by 73 pts

Remove this Banner Ad

Taberner could easily have had 5 goals tonight instead of 2.1. As Tayl0r said, when Pavlich went off he really came into the game. That should be instructive to people who call for Tabs to be dropped all the time. At present his role is mostly as a decoy for Pavlich. Our mids will look for Pav first every time. As Taberner matures he will be capable of being a focal target himself, but he's already very valuable.

When the midfield all clicks who can beat Freo?

Fyfe 37 touches, 21 contested, 11 clearances
Neale 34 touches, 11 contested, 6 clearances, 1 goal
Barlow 30 touches, 13 contested, 2 goals
Mundy 27 touches, 10 contested, 5 clearances, 2 goals

With cameos from Hill and the Pearces.

As good a midfield game as you'll see played.

I thought our inside 50s were inefficient, McPharlin beaten by Petrie. In the past a recipe for disaster, tonight our midfield and small forwards (plus some good things from Tabs) dominated. Great win.

When the midfield all clicks who can beat Freo?

Fyfe 37 touches, 21 contested, 11 clearances
Neale 34 touches, 11 contested, 6 clearances, 1 goal
Barlow 30 touches, 13 contested, 2 goals
Mundy 27 touches, 10 contested, 5 clearances, 2 goals

With cameos from Hill and the Pearces.

As good a midfield game as you'll see played.

Isn't it? Clancee with 27! Most improved player in the comp I reckon

I thought our inside 50s were inefficient, McPharlin beaten by Petrie. In the past a recipe for disaster, tonight our midfield and small forwards (plus some good things from Tabs) dominated. Great win.
Yet this was first time in 27 games that Petrie was held goalless

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So many positives tonight. Of significance was the efforts of Sutcliffe and Spurr. Spurr beat Thomas who I was worried about and Sutcliffe played his running defensive role beautifully.
Duffield seemed quiet, interesting that he's not taking the kick ins. Tabs is taking a key defender and will hopefully stay injury free. He's incredibly important to our structures at the moment.

Tabs just needs to practice completing his marks, he had a few that just richoeted off his hands - a shame because he should have been rewarded for some good gut running if he had. His work rate is top notch. Nat Fyfe needs to work with him to improve his technique. Or maybe he needs to practice catching lads of raw eggs.

Shero will get better if he grows in confidence. No wonder Ross is trying to give him a run. Two Hill-like players to complement our tough insiders, plus D. Pearce, makes us hard to stop.

Great performance. North gave it a hot go in the second, but we refused to let them in all game.

Midfield dominance.

Danyle Pearce is getting better every game this season. He's not rushing everything, takes his time and looks for the best option. Running around some players like they're witches hats.

Tabs is doing so well, was great in the second half. If he starts clunking a few more of those marks he'll be kicking 3+goals a game. Rookie pick who's only played 20 games. I'm calling it, he will be an even better rookie pick then Barlow.

Sherro, absolutely loved his quarter. His goal remindes me of the goal he kicked in the preseason intra club game. Never stopped running and presented an option before kicking the goal.

Looking forward to watching Brad Scott's press conference. Wonder how many excuses he can cram into 5-10 mins.
He was remarkable gracious and introspective. Gave full credit to Freo and admitted that we made them look ordinary. Said his team are a long way off the pace of the better teams.
I was surprised and impressed with his presser.

So many positives from that win:

- Midfield is just getting better and better.
- Tabs improvement continues
- Both Pearces killing it
- Ballaz and Walters pressure and tandem work
- Mayne tackling like a machine
- resting Pav
- Sherro burning up the wings as the sub
- Ibbos marking
- Spurr and Sutcliff rolling off their man to link up
- four quarters of effort
- 8 Straight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back