Strategy Fremantle Dockers Next Generation Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

It's disingenuous but we could suggest their metro talent doesn't get to be matched at all inside the top twenty.

There is zero interest to remove the advantage for the Sydney teams. It's in the AFL, and in a roundabout way the rest of the players, that Sydney is considered an AFL city - add a billion dollars to the broadcast deal and the players all get a payrise.

The whole bidding points system overrates later picks and underrate high picks.

A top pick is about 25-50% discounted.

Therefore, an early bid has a discount on a discount.

Swans have cleaned up and reduced their rebuilding time by half. Getting Mills and Heeney as top 5 picks while making finals, allow them to start the rebuild before missing on finals. Mills and Heeney were big discounts under the old system.

The AFL are very happy with the outcome and the general public don't understand the maths behind the bidding system.

I'm sure the AFL can address this type of thing of the desire is there
That’s the point though - the AFL want Sydney to get these discounts.
If the swans or GWS spent seven years out of finals like us there would be a crisis in AFL house.

We can match bids after pick #40.

A fully open NGA bid matching system would lead to zone drafting becoming far more of a determining factor in success than the fortune of a fair draft. Freo, West Coast, Adelaide and Port would only need five to ten years of that in place and the over supply of talent out of those two states would lead to four over powered clubs.

Our indigenous talent is elite. It's not really fair for the rest of the competition.
It takes away from the purpose of the Sydney club's academies, they are supposed to be a competitive advantage for them.
I’m not so sure it’s that elite? Who was the last elite player to come from the Kimberley zone we have access to?
I must say Motlop has stated off well at Carlton though. 15 disposals and 4 goals in VFL last week and could easily have played this weekend if not for covid.

I’m not so sure it’s that elite? Who was the last elite player to come from the Kimberley zone we have access to?
I must say Motlop has stated off well at Carlton though. 15 disposals and 4 goals in VFL last week and could easily have played this weekend if not for covid.
The indigenous talent of Perth/WA is pretty special.

A few other names to watch include Christian Wilson (South Freo; really, really like this kid), Jett Sibosado (Claremont, 2023), Jacob Whan (South Freo, 2023) and Rohan MacNeill (Claremont),

It would be nice if Freo updated the Stephen Hill NGA squad list on the website so I could figure out all the underagers for us this year :p

have you seen any pre season games of colts yet or is this
A few other names to watch include Christian Wilson (South Freo; really, really like this kid), Jett Sibosado (Claremont, 2023), Jacob Whan (South Freo, 2023) and Rohan MacNeill (Claremont),

It would be nice if Freo updated the Stephen Hill NGA squad list on the website so I could figure out all the underagers for us this year :p
is this based off last year or have you seen these guys play pre season this year already

is this based off last year or have you seen these guys play pre season this year already
Guys like Wilson and MacNeill i liked. last year but the under agers are all players i’ve been told to keep an eye one for various reasons, or have been mentioned on the freo website

It maaaaaay be listed on the club website under the Stephen Hill squad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys like Wilson and MacNeill i liked. last year but the under agers are all players i’ve been told to keep an eye one for various reasons, or have been mentioned on the freo website
hey bastyy you got any draft notes or opinions from this weekend of wafl colts

hey bastyy you got any draft notes or opinions from this weekend of wafl colts
Should have some full notes soon but from the weekend I really enjoyed Kane Bevan, Conrad Williams, Luke Michael, Jackson Broadbent, Mitchell Edwards (2023), Jedd Busslinger and Koltyn Tholstrup

Should have some full notes soon but from the weekend I really enjoyed Kane Bevan, Conrad Williams, Luke Michael, Jackson Broadbent, Mitchell Edwards (2023), Jedd Busslinger and Koltyn Tholstrup
Hi Bastyy do you think Jed Busslinger compares with Rhett Bazzo.

I‘ve only seen a little of Busslinger + from what I’ve seen Bazzo is way in front + more
flexible.

Scaife kicked four did he?
He kicked 4.3 after coming back from covid and a 1 game suspension.
This is from my draft page @wafootyprospects on insta
(marks and tackles stats is wrong, read it wrong when making it)

Attachments

• scaife post.png
    scaife post.png
    973.6 KB · Views: 99

Remove this Banner Ad

Back