Toast Frosty

Remove this Banner Ad

Please help me whittle down the following working titles for Jack's Tuesday post-match video review against Buddy:-

- Sending Buddy to the cooler
- Tonight, hell freezes over
- Cooool party
- Revenge is a dish best served freezing
- Let's kick some ice
- Stay cool Birdboy

(Apologies to Arnold Schwarzenegger)

Buddy Frosty in Sydney

Will know better than you and congratulations on your perseverance stuck it out for 2 years waiting for Maxwell to play a decent game to take your potshot must have been frustrating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jack Frost was very good on the night too. I'm not his biggest fan but he competed well and he actually took some overhead marks rather than just spoil. This is the area he needs to get better at to make is a key defender.

Nathan Brown was also fantastic and probably was having his best game in years. Hopefully the dislocation to the shoulder is not too serious because we need him badly.

Frost did well in the one-on-ones with Buddy but he had a lot of help. Also a great defensive effort by our midfielders who didnt allow Sydney the time to pinpoint their disposals. I think Maxwell positioned himself well but it was the pressure on the kicker that made his job easier. There's a few players that can be singled out for outstanding efforts and Frost is one of them, but we won it on team effort...

I am so bloody happy with my man Frost's game last night!

I really liked what I've seen from Frost in the past and I said it before the game to my Dad that Frost should go to Franklin. I just had a feeling that Frost would be the man for the job and prove all the naysayers wrong.

One poor decision in a practice match and everyone wants to write the kid off :rolleyes:

Good on ya Jacky Boy! Absolutely top effort! Toweled up the most dominant forward in the league after only 4 matches. Just incredible.

He will come in more than handy now, especially carrying over his form from last night, into next week's clash without Nathan Brown. I honestly forgot he was just a 4th gamer. The way he went about it, I thought he'd already played a dozen or so games and gaining confidence from it. This will do him a world of good, especially a scalp as big as Buddy.

Will be very interesting to see how a Frost at FB and Keeffe at CHB goes this week against the Cats. He looked to struggle just a little against Hawkins in the pre-season, he wasn't comprehensively beaten, but he definitely didn't have Hawkins measure. I don't remember the game that well though, so I could be wrong.

He will come in more than handy now, especially carrying over his form from last night, into next week's clash without Nathan Brown. I honestly forgot he was just a 4th gamer. The way he went about it, I thought he'd already played a dozen or so games and gaining confidence from it. This will do him a world of good, especially a scalp as big as Buddy.

Will be very interesting to see how a Frost at FB and Keeffe at CHB goes this week against the Cats. He looked to struggle just a little against Hawkins in the pre-season, he wasn't comprehensively beaten, but he definitely didn't have Hawkins measure. I don't remember the game that well though, so I could be wrong.
To people that know more than I, what sort of forward is Hawkins?

Bucks stated that they played Frost because they thought he was better matched to a player such as Franklin.

Where does Hawkins sit?

To people that know more than I, what sort of forward is Hawkins?

Bucks stated that they played Frost because they thought he was better matched to a player such as Franklin.

Where does Hawkins sit?

Hawkins is more traditional Gorilla type and is very strong iirc he was throwing our defenders aside in the pre season game.
Both Keeffe and Frost aren't typically suited to him at this stage of their careers (need to get stronger) will need a 3rd up in the contest and make sure the mids are working back. Brown is suited to Hawkins.

Albino Presti
Surely not. Did you see him out-turn Buddy and deliver the ball to a forward?

Super game by Frosty. Great pick by Hine as the guy has the frame to be able to play on most key forwards going around and obviously has some ability.

We'll be going with the all-rookie backline next week in Frosty, Keeffe, Maxy and Lumumba. Handy to be able to fall back on that when your two 2006 first-rounders can't get on the park.

Please help me whittle down the following working titles for Jack's Tuesday post-match video review against Buddy:-

- Sending Buddy to the cooler
- Tonight, hell freezes over
- Cooool party
- Revenge is a dish best served freezing
- Let's kick some ice
- Stay cool Birdboy

(Apologies to Arnold Schwarzenegger)
Easily this.

Even if the "revenge" aspect is a bit of a long bow to draw (team rather than individual, perhaps).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Add Alan Toovey to that list.
And Clinton Young(former rookie listed Hawk) who spent a large amount of the Sydney game down back and played very well there. I didnt rate him as much of a defender as i didnt think he had the defensive part of him game good enough to player there, i was wrong.

And Clinton Young(former rookie listed Hawk) who spent a large amount of the Sydney game down back and played very well there. I didnt rate him as much of a defender as i didnt think he had the defensive part of him game good enough to player there, i was wrong.

You wouldn't be wrong though.

He's definitely not a traditional defender and I wouldn't be too comfortable seeing him one on one in our back 50.

But he definitely is absolutely sublime with that penetrating left foot over a 50-60 metre range. We've found our designated kicker out of the back line and love seeing him outside the congestion in the back half waiting to burst away with the footy and kicking long.

You wouldn't be wrong though.

He's definitely not a traditional defender and I wouldn't be too comfortable seeing him one on one in our back 50.

But he definitely is absolutely sublime with that penetrating left foot over a 50-60 metre range. We've found our designated kicker out of the back line and love seeing him outside the congestion in the back half waiting to burst away with the footy and kicking long.

He's definitely not bad defensively, he's just not someone you'd say is an amazing one-on-one defender. I wouldn't be scared unless he was paired up with someone seriously dangerous ala Rioli. But we won't be seeing that if our structures remain intact anyway.

Jack Frost was very good on the night too. I'm not his biggest fan but he competed well and he actually took some overhead marks rather than just spoil. This is the area he needs to get better at to make is a key defender.

Nathan Brown was also fantastic and probably was having his best game in years. Hopefully the dislocation to the shoulder is not too serious because we need him badly.

People forget for about the first 15 weeks of last year Brown would have been AA full back just about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People forget for about the first 15 weeks of last year Brown would have been AA full back just about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I rated the first 3/4's of his year very highly, to be honest i rated his whole year highly despite the games against Cameron and Tippett. Hopefully his injury isnt bad and only keeps him out for 1-2 games max because i have tipped him for a 50+ rebound 50's season. He's started solidly with 3 and 2(missed a big chunk of that game from injury) rebounds from the first two games, if he keeps up consistency at the current 2.5+ rebounds a game he should reach the 50 mark. I only hope.

Has the coolest the name and backed it up with a good game

The single most impressive element of our victory this weekend was the long awaited return of a committed attack on the ball and body. Jack Frost more than any other player on the field epitomised this in his performance. Not only this but he did it against the most elusive and dangerous forward in the competition. I can't help but think other player's walked taller when they saw his domination of Franklin when he is a player usually doing the dominating. Incredible game by Frost.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back