Toast Frosty

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching AFL 360 of last Wednesday, Mark Maclure was previewing the game and said "Buddy will kick 5", "Who's gonna pick him up? Just name me one.". Mark Robinson replies unconvincingly, "Brown". Replies with "He'll kick 10 then".

Ahhh hindsight, how I love thee.

Watching AFL 360 of last Wednesday, Mark Maclure was previewing the game and said "Buddy will kick 5", "Who's gonna pick him up? Just name me one.". Mark Robinson replies unconvincingly, "Brown". Replies with "He'll kick 10 then".

To be fair, I was thinking this as well. I did not think for a second Frost would do the job he did. VERY VERY happy to be proven wrong!

To be fair, I was thinking this as well. I did not think for a second Frost would do the job he did. VERY VERY happy to be proven wrong!
Yeah, I have no problem with what he said.

Just amazing how well this kid went last week, and surpassed any sort of expectations.

Yeah, I have no problem with what he said.

Just amazing how well this kid went last week, and surpassed any sort of expectations.

Buddy has been seriously struggling all throughout the nab cup and did nothing in round 1, I wouldn't be calling Frost's performance anything like amazing. Buddy is in terrible form at the moment.

Buddy has been seriously struggling all throughout the nab cup and did nothing in round 1, I wouldn't be calling Frost's performance anything like amazing. Buddy is in terrible form at the moment.
Poor performance or not, a kid playing his 4th game, his 2nd season in the system, kept a bloke who is paid 10 mil over 9 year's, 2 time coleman medallist, 2 time premiership player, 4 all australians, has kicked 583 goals in 184 games, kept him to I think it was 2 goals, yeah I reckon he did a pretty good job at the least.

Perhaps he has been struggling because he's been well held?

Form slump or not he should have returned with a vengence opposed to a 4 game tyro but instead he got embarassed, 2 goals - one an outrageous gift from the white maggot and the other a perfect bombed pass - he was bloody lucky not to go goal less.

Blaze. We are supporters, we don't have to keep a lid on things. Nothing happens if you show a bit of enthusiasm for the kids performance. If you think the coach wouldn't have had some concerns about that match up pre game you don't understand footy and what champions can do. Frost did bloody well. I was at the game and the crowd reacted every time the two of them were one out. Loosen up man.

Shows what an Idiot MaCalure is

Shows what an Idiot MaCalure is
Not really mate.

It just goes to show how well Frost exceeded everyone's expectations!

And what a masterstroke move Bucks made!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have to be happy with how Frost and Langdon are holding up. Huge responsibility for Frost now with Brown also out and Reid probably not ready.

Our backline looks so fragile on paper, but we are really getting some great development into young players.

What I like about Frost is that he makes his opponent earn his kicks. Frost doesn't give up and he strikes me as a really annoying opponent to play on.

You have to be happy with how Frost and Langdon are holding up. Huge responsibility for Frost now with Brown also out and Reid probably not ready.

Our backline looks so fragile on paper, but we are really getting some great development into young players.

What I like about Frost is that he makes his opponent earn his kicks. Frost doesn't give up and he strikes me as a really annoying opponent to play on.

I would add to that, a couple of times against Sydney he also took the game on and broke a couple of tackles when he could have given it off or bombed the ball long. He also seems to have a bit of aggression

So are you some sort of religious, clean living, non-drinking party pooper?
Not at all. I've jsut never met a decently successful white collar professional who rocks tatts and a beard. A tradesman might be a different case however.
I think if people need to bejewel their own body which by nature does nothing but attract attention then that person has an over-inflated ego or self esteem issues.

The natural response is "well I do it because I want to" which is a similarly naive response not unlike women saying they dress slutty because they 'want to' whilst ignorantly claiming its a surprise when men stare. People who get tatted up want to say "LOOK AT ME" hence they are douchebags.
People can have tasteful tatts that are largely kept to themselves, covered by a shirt sleeve but the entire full body I'm pretending I'm a member of the "Mega douche" tribe is just sad.

Australia unfortunately has become grand central station for new age hypies and counter culture weirdo's who think they are somehow original despite the fact they now look more like everybody else.....the clean skins are quickly becoming the "retro" ones which is sad and pathetic.

Not at all. I've jsut never met a decently successful white collar professional who rocks tatts and a beard. A tradesman might be a different case however.
I think if people need to bejewel their own body which by nature does nothing but attract attention then that person has an over-inflated ego or self esteem issues.

The natural response is "well I do it because I want to" which is a similarly naive response not unlike women saying they dress slutty because they 'want to' whilst ignorantly claiming its a surprise when men stare. People who get tatted up want to say "LOOK AT ME" hence they are douchebags.
People can have tasteful tatts that are largely kept to themselves, covered by a shirt sleeve but the entire full body I'm pretending I'm a member of the "Mega douche" tribe is just sad.

Australia unfortunately has become grand central station for new age hypies and counter culture weirdo's who think they are somehow original despite the fact they now look more like everybody else.....the clean skins are quickly becoming the "retro" ones which is sad and pathetic.
I have to disagree here, simply on the grounds of jumping to conclusions on appearances and predjudices, tatts are associated with prison and therefore get a bum rap. Many girls sport them now as an adornment in the way other generations wore bangles or ankle bracelets.

You go around clean shaven and naked I presume. Sound like a party pooper to me.

Spare me.

130416_swan2012.jpg

I have to disagree here, simply on the grounds of jumping to conclusions on appearances and predjudices, tatts are associated with prison and therefore get a bum rap. Many girls sport them now as an adornment in the way other generations wore bangles or ankle bracelets.

So because they are "in style" then thats a throw away line that they are all good? Plusthose girls who sport them as adornments used to have the moniker "sl.." attributed not long ago and in my mind still do. There is a reason you don't see tatted up folk in corporate environments as a rule of thumb.
Anyways people are free as always to do as they please, as others are free to judge them.

I look at somebody like Dane Swan for example and whilst I love him as a player he is an intellectual light weight and were it not for football he'd be nothing other than another tatted up douche. However posting this on a football forum I'm keenly aware I'm preaching to the other side of the aisle...

So because they are "in style" then thats a throw away line that they are all good? Plusthose girls who sport them as adornments used to have the moniker "sl.." attributed not long ago and in my mind still do. There is a reason you don't see tatted up folk in corporate environments as a rule of thumb.
Anyways people are free as always to do as they please, as others are free to judge them.

I look at somebody like Dane Swan for example and whilst I love him as a player he is an intellectual light weight and were it not for football he'd be nothing other than another tatted up douche. However posting this on a football forum I'm keenly aware I'm preaching to the other side of the aisle...
Wow, just wow.

Pass on future discussions of this type with you.

Wow, just wow.

Pass on future discussions of this type with you.

Fair enough. Let me raise you a question you're not obligated to answer however. Eddie Macguire our Prez and leader. I wonder if anybody would feel comfortable if suddenly tomorrow Eddie was sporting full length sleeve tattoo's and optional beard.

Or infact any AFL president or any leader of management level person of any respected organisation? Only have to look at the leaders of football clubs and the AFL to realise they all share something in common. They might be involved in the sport but the players are the only ones rocking tatts because they are the cattle and not the brains.

But focusing on my original conundrum how would we all feel if Eddie was suddenly sporting full sleeve tatts. The answer is self evident.

Fair enough. Let me raise you a question you're not obligated to answer however. Eddie Macguire our Prez and leader. I wonder if anybody would feel comfortable if suddenly tomorrow Eddie was sporting full length sleeve tattoo's and optional beard.

Or infact any AFL president or any leader of management level person of any respected organisation? Only have to look at the leaders of football clubs and the AFL to realise they all share something in common. They might be involved in the sport but the players are the only ones rocking tatts because they are the cattle and not the brains.

But focusing on my original conundrum how would we all feel if Eddie was suddenly sporting full sleeve tatts. The answer is self evident.

It's pointless really you obviously have VERY fixed ideas on this issue which I am diametrically opposed to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back