Certified Legendary Thread Future of James Aish, for a limited time only! (trolling opposition supporters automatic day off)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they were any kind of "mature" family, they would tell him to stay, help the Lions to re-build and learn to stand on your own two feet to become an independent person making his own way in life..

Does our club provide the facilities for the players to get the best out of themselves?

Unfortunately we are a basket case compared to other clubs and it is my opinion that this is why the higher draft picks are walking out the door.
It's a question that must be addressed before we run out of supporters. A number of Vic. kids who started supporting the team during the glory years have jumped off - basically because their performance in Melbourne has be universally rubbish. And with the loss of Brown, game over for them. That's the reality.

It's a question that must be addressed before we run out of supporters. A number of Vic. kids who started supporting the team during the glory years have jumped off - basically because their performance in Melbourne has be universally rubbish. And with the loss of Brown, game over for them. That's the reality.

Same thing with kids in Brissy, OldLion! We haven't exactly been destroying teams at the Gabba for the last 10 years. Fair-weather fans everywhere.

Honestly, if I were in James Aish's position I would leave. No guarantee we will make finals in the next 3 years, an unproven coach, average (at best) facilities... Why not cash out, move back home and play for Port or Adelaide who both look like being contenders for the next few years and have better facilities?

Honestly, I love our team but I just can't see him staying.

Honestly, if I were in James Aish's position I would leave. No guarantee we will make finals in the next 3 years, an unproven coach, average (at best) facilities... Why not cash out, move back home and play for Port or Adelaide who both look like being contenders for the next few years and have better facilities?

Honestly, I love our team but I just can't see him staying.

Buckley.

Easy to say on the back of seeing them start the season well, on the back of a soft draw.

All this "elite environment" s**t these kids swallow is largely about psychology. The high altitude camps seem to have gone by the wayside rather quickly, no?

Look at the facilities Norf had in their premiership years. Look at the gym's Manny Pacquiao grew up training in. Your arms know no difference between lifting two 20kg buckets of laundry detergent & two shiny new dumbbells. What knows the difference is the brain, and if some princess wants to use that as an excuse not to train as hard as they can, well that's on them.

I'm not saying that I expect the guys to lug detergent buckets, but the idea they can't get as fit in a million dollar gym, as someone else can in a $10 million one, is utter bullshit.

What they can't do in the current one is take selfies with a backdrop as pretty as the Lexus centre.

Lifting weights is easy....anyone can do it if they want to.

However money will improve the knowledge and processes associated with recovery, nutrition, hydration etc etc.

Blokes like Aish, Polec and Longer would have come through pathways that would have exposed them to the resources of the AIS and other elite sporting bodies. How do you think we compare?

For *s sake we can't even get our new training base organised.....

The whole group is playing like s**t because J Aish hasn't signed a new contract???

Phew. Talk about drawing a long bow.

You've drawn an extremely long bow in what I said. The Aish issue is just a number of things that I believe would be affecting the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You've drawn an extremely long bow in what I said. The Aish issue is just a number of things that I believe would be affecting the team.

I agree the Aish situation is far from ideal.

But that's a far cry from being "the cancer that is eating away at the club".

Statements like that smack of scapegoat-ism (or is that scapegoatery?)

I agree the Aish situation is far from ideal.

But that's a far cry from being "the cancer that is eating away at the club".

Statements like that smack of scapegoat-ism (or is that scapegoatery?)

We have come a long way since the go home 5 but I feel that the Aish drama is eroding away what we have done since then.

We have come a long way since the go home 5 but I feel that the Aish drama is eroding away what we have done since then.

He's a 2nd year player and he hasn't been adding anything to the team when he's played. You're being a bit dramatic.

If one junior player leaving is the catalyst of the performances this year then we are in serious trouble. Problem is the playing group don't have faith in one another that the game plan is being carried out. The reason for this is just not one thing but several under performing areas that is creating the perfect storm we have now. Ultimately it is the head coach's job to have a game plan, instruct the recruiters of the type of players needed for this game, instruct the development staff how they need train the recruits and finally motivate the players to carry out the plan. The on field leaders need to be leading the way and directing players for set plays.

When it comes to a footy club a hole a player leave if they go should be like a hole you leave when you take your hand out of bucket of water.... Probably except for a key position forward

Presumably quite a few people who started off as fans in 2005/2006 and never really had any success. We're Demons-like. :oops:

Greg Swann a moment ago on 3AW said that he had talked to Pickers and asked him (for our list management purposes) to advise by mid season if James is going. James had dinner at Gregs house during the week so obviously still good relations.

I was out at The Brisbane Hotel in Perth last night, and ran into Derm Brereton who was having a drink after the West Coast game. We spoke and I asked him about a few things footy related, including Aish. Dermy's reaction was "it looks like he's gone".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back