Certified Legendary Thread Future of James Aish, for a limited time only! (trolling opposition supporters automatic day off)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They got cleared with the Betts investigation.
*"Investigation".
A day or 2, asking if the paperwork was in order is hardly an investigation. That said, as said earlier though, I doubt there would be any concrete evidence, and therefore anything to base an investigation on. For me, it is more like the Essendon/ASADA saga, insufficient evidence to be found guilty rather than finding anyone innocent.

*"Investigation".
A day or 2, asking if the paperwork was in order is hardly an investigation. That said, as said earlier though, I doubt there would be any concrete evidence, and therefore anything to base an investigation on. For me, it is more like the Essendon/ASADA saga, insufficient evidence to be found guilty rather than finding anyone innocent.

The AFL rules are so simple that there's no reason to actually break them. Did they actually sign a contract? Did they discuss actual contract numbers? No? Only hypotheticals and ballparks? Then they're all aboveboard.

The AFL rules are so simple that there's no reason to actually break them. Did they actually sign a contract? Did they discuss actual contract numbers? No? Only hypotheticals and ballparks? Then they're all aboveboard.
That's fair enough, and I'm not sure if Malthouse or I, for that matter, suggested any actual violation took place. Mick alleged "a deal had been struck" between AFC & Betts. Whether that being a verbal agreement contravenes any rules or not, I'm not sure, but you'd think either or both parties would want more assurance than a "Yeah, sure".
I don't think there would be any obvious grounds to investigate further, based on the comments made. I just find the terms "Investigation" and "Cleared" a bit laughable in the Triggs/Betts story. I'm sure talks, offers and agreements are made all the time, outside intended or prescribed process, but proving them would be nigh on impossible without secret recordings and whistle blowers. Virtually the worst realistic case scenario would be for admissions to be made, and even then it wouldn't be proved and only paint one or other party in a bad light. It will always remain a "he said, they said" situation and for us punters, a matter of who we choose to believe, but whichever, no action will/can be taken.

Not a lot of love for James on this thread late, but credit where it's due for playing the game through on the weekend, especially when the team needed it.

Although his output has been down on what we've expected this year, hes still got plenty of upside and would be a great long term addition to the team. A quality outside player, that would still be behind Beams, Rich, Rocky and Hanley for a tag could really thrive.

If he does go, I hope the club gets into Lachie Weller ear, as a similar replacement. Even if it's not this year, just open up communication to potentially get our home grown talents home.

Word from BL sources is that Aish is very unlikely to sign but is not necessarily homeward bound. Apparently Lives and breathes footy and has found the non footy state of Qld not totally to his liking and wants to be in a more footy state/culture. Got the impression he wants to play for a big club and not just in SA. Big clubs also mean big pressure to perform otherwise become big scapegoat for supporters......so can be interesting what you wish for.

We all know he is gone. If he had any interest in staying he would of re signed like all the other draftees. Good on him for playing out the rest of the game on the weekend though that shows some heart and spirit. But as he was warming up for the game he was kicking torpies out the goal square to team mates. Doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence when you can't kick drop punts to your team mates trying to get ready for a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Word from BL sources is that Aish is very unlikely to sign but is not necessarily homeward bound. Apparently Lives and breathes footy and has found the non footy state of Qld not totally to his liking and wants to be in a more footy state/culture. Got the impression he wants to play for a big club and not just in SA. Big clubs also mean big pressure to perform otherwise become big scapegoat for supporters......so can be interesting what you wish for.
If he wants to play for a big club then send him to Carlton and let him enjoy playing for this years wooden spooner's.

Word from BL sources is that Aish is very unlikely to sign but is not necessarily homeward bound. Apparently Lives and breathes footy and has found the non footy state of Qld not totally to his liking and wants to be in a more footy state/culture.

I can understand a footy fan wanting to be in a AFL state to get their footy fix.....but when a player is actually playing with a club, that is a footy fix and as close as you'll get...

..so I think young James is suffering from non-identity crisis.....he is used to being part of SA "royalty" and known. Up there, he's not.

..If what you are saying Lockie is correct, then imo he must crave the limelight and attention he'd get at a big club.

..ego much??

I can understand a footy fan wanting to be in a AFL state to get their footy fix.....but when a player is actually playing with a club, that is a footy fix and as close as you'll get...

..so I think young James is suffering from non-identity crisis.....he is used to being part of SA "royalty" and known. Up there, he's not.

..If what you are saying Lockie is correct, then imo he must crave the limelight and attention he'd get at a big club.

..ego much??
Buckley much?

From what I've heard he has quite a huge social conscience and a high profile is a means to an end for the outreach work he wants to do...

From what I've heard he has quite a huge social conscience and a high profile is a means to an end for the outreach work he wants to do...

That's probably how he'll sell his decision to move to Victoria. Similar to Patty K and his multicultural ambassador role.

I just wish he had said before we drafted him I am another little bitch who will go home. If he did and we still picked him up then our bad. How can a bloke of that age not enjoy living in Qld, working with a heap of mates in huge coin? Wonder what his msg is in his charity work is? "If things are not perfect or don't suit you just run away"

..ego much??

I don't think it's about ego. Sounds like he craves the big crowds and the footy environment of sa, vic. Comes for a big footy family so I think that makes a difference to him. Also has a manager in Pickering who loves the limelight of the "big clubs" and talking up his players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back