Galons' Pie game review (Page 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a big wrap for Thorp but I don't think he's going to make an impact this season. Still seems to be behind in match fitness. Rioli is an excitement machine, really happy with how he has come on and will fit nicely into the forward line.

For mine, Rioli, Tuck, Murphy, Dew and Clarke in for Round 1. Morton might also be a chance, they seem to be playing him a fair bit.

Thanks for the review Galon, awesome!

here's some pics.
pict0001ml8.jpg

Running out.

pict0005cu4.jpg

Buddy's team bonding.

pict0011ky4.jpg

The great man.

will be a bit slow between posts, as I'm resizing them, and I'm pretty sure I completely ****ed the settings up when the ground was under lights.

Galon, how many Hawks supporters were there against Pies fans?
I reckon the crowd was 60/40 there way at least, but we certainly had some vocal supporters in the outer. ;)

pict0042ae3.jpg

Just like I thought. Most of the pics I took after half time are RS.

pict0045fu7.jpg

Sewell sends us forward.

pict0046tu1.jpg

Robbie jumping early.

pict0052nm8.jpg

Tucky about to be caught.

That's about it for me. Got a few other pics, but I was stuffing around with the settings on my camera and managed to bung a few. And when Buddy took that one hander I had the bloody thing turned off and hanging around my neck. Damn it.

Hey Scabman, did Thorp actually get much of the ball? and who was playing on him?
Didn't get alot of it at all. But thrwe himself intoa few contests. Was being manned by Nathan Brown for a bit, and also Goldsack I think.
Wasn't really paying much attention to match ups though mate.

From what I can tell from The Age report - they had a full strength team except for J Fraser. A few of their players having their first run for the season.

We were without Mitchell, Lewis and Mark Williams.
LOL, not exactly. We were missing our new captain Scott Burns, Fraser as you mentioned, Ben Johnson, Simon Prestigiacomo and Sean Rusling from our best side.

Dowler and Thorp definitely look exciting for your future. Very athletic and skillful with the ball, they got to a lot of contests. Equally impressive for us was Nathan Brown who was rarely beaten in the air against those two. Brown vs. Thorp/Dowler was great to watch for both teams. Croad looked very flat, and kind of unfit, probably spent a half on Rocca while Gilham spent the other half on Rocca. Gilham is one of the most underrated players in the competition, and while Rocca had a good game, when you expected Rocca to kill Gilham (and 90% of players) in one on one contested mark situations he didn't.

Unless someone else was wearing #5, Mitchell was quite clearly being rested. Spent about 1 quarter resting in the forward line (doing very little) and about half a quarter in the middle. It could have been someone as he didn't stand out to me as Mitchell but I'm pretty sure that in Franklin's interview when he said he was rested he meant he played very little of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a boring thread. We concede six goals in the last quarter to lose a game against a previously winless Collingwood and everyone's as happy as Larry. I DEMAND A WITCH HUNT!!!

Surely someone was standing near a few of those Pie goals? I want his head on a stick! Rocca kicked three? Who's to blame? I want a scapegoat! We concede the most goals so far this preseason and not a single call for accountability? Talk about condoning mediocrity.

Yes, I'm kidding. Thanks for the report Galon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back