Game of the round. Bulldogs v GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

I have to say, as a Dogs supporter, I can only laugh.

No need to defend Stringer. Hopefully he'll be perfectly capable of defending himself with his actions next year.

Yes, I would have loved us to get up for Gia. But bugger it. What an ending!

Strange season by the Dogs. Seem to be tracking, very slowly, but tracking. But have won one game less than last year. Can't quite say they have gone backwards this year, but appear to be treading water. Will want a big improvement next season and be in contention for finals for most of the year.

OftgOaK.jpg

Look, he clearly had the baby on his mind at the time when he dropped that relatively easy mark.

I'm prepared to cut him some slack.

Just a few years back???

They have not won more than 9 games since 2010 and next season is 2015.

I like the Doggies but gee they just seem to always fall short even when they are right up there and 1 Flag in their existence backs this up.
In 2011 we started going downhill and were predicted to keep falling.
We were absolutely terrible in 2012.
It's only this year and last year that we've had signs of hope for the future.

Strange season by the Dogs. Seem to be tracking, very slowly, but tracking. But have won one game less than last year. Can't quite say they have gone backwards this year, but appear to be treading water. Will want a big improvement next season and be in contention for finals for most of the year.
I think you looked better overall this year. 2013 started with the dodgy form of 2012. I also think you were more consistently competitive against the great sides in 2014, particularly since the Collingwood win. The talent also looks more concrete than this time last year. I wouldn't judge it by wins so much, plus there weren't the two basket cases to beat up on like last year. I think the doggies are tracking well.

McCartney probably needs double digit wins next year. Certainly still some questions, but it's on the right track, and inching further along at a reasonable pace.

If you're having a go at Stringer, you're embarrassing yourself. He's the best kid on our list, and he's going to make a lot of people look stupid in a year or two.

If not for Stringer we wouldn't have even been in it.

Bloody hell, Will Hoskin-Elliott is a gun. Just has it all.
To all the Western Bulldogs supporters banging on about how good they are going to be and getting way ahead of themselves???

Hush now
Get out of it.

Your club was born with a silver spoon in it's mouth, and we just have to scrape by with whatever is left. Don't get a reputation for kicking loyal Footscray supporters when they're down, it's unwarranted and you're only embarrassing yourself. Good on your boys and enjoy the win, but don't think you can breeze in and stick the boots in considering the concessions your club has received.

Pathetic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you're having a go at Stringer, you're embarrassing yourself. He's the best kid on our list, and he's going to make a lot of people look stupid in a year or two.

If not for Stringer we wouldn't have even been in it.

Bloody hell, Will Hoskin-Elliott is a gun. Just has it all.

Get out of it.

Your club was born with a silver spoon in it's mouth, and we just have to scrape by with whatever is left. Don't get a reputation for kicking loyal Footscray supporters when they're down, it's unwarranted and you're only embarrassing yourself. Good on your boys and enjoy the win, but don't think you can breeze in and stick the boots in considering the concessions your club has received.

Pathetic.

Fetch me a violin

Fetch me a violin
I'm not so sophisticated as to own a violin, you'll just have to pretend you're playing the world's smallest one between your index finger and thumb :p

Well done to GWS, they've improved a lot this year just like how the Suns did in their third year. They should be challenging for a top 8 spot next year like the Suns did this year. I predicted the Dogs as this year's dark horse and to at least be near the top 8 this season but they've been a bit of a disappointment. If they finish near 14th again next year you'd assume the coach will get the sack. Four years around the bottom is way too long, even for a team rebuilding.

If I were a Bulldogs fan, I'd be calling for Stringers head. To drop a simple mark with 30 seconds left to go.... Inexcusable.

Only idiots blame the last 30 seconds, especially when the team played like s**t for 2 and a half quarters and jake himself getting us back into it.

We've basically been treading water but the kids are now steering the ship. Minson and Griffen were nowhere near the level they played last year. Most of our senior players failed to fire a shot all year really.

I just watched the last two minutes. Since I don't give a s**t about either team. He was the one that made the crucial mistake.
He was also the one that dragged us back into the game with a few goals.

Gia missing 3 times was inexcusable - giving them a 3 goal head start and a 5 goal lead was inexcusable.

Stringer is the best young player on our list, and he'll have a fire raging inside all summer. Can't wait to see what he can do in 2015.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back