Gardening

Remove this Banner Ad

He must live in a nice neighbourhood, half my food would get pinched if it was that close to the sidewalk.

edit: I see he was giving it away later anyway

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks good in the vege garden. Can I guess what's in there? Carrots, Broccoli, Beetroot?
very good :) there's also bok choy, celery, parsley, basil, baby spinach, onions, chives, capsicum, lettuces - survival of the fittest :) have eaten a couple of bok choy and lettuces so far, and use the herbs frequently

very good :) there's also bok choy, celery, parsley, basil, baby spinach, onions, chives, capsicum, lettuces - survival of the fittest :) have eaten a couple of bok choy and lettuces so far, and use the herbs frequently
Just planted Pak Choy and spring onions today. Just started my little gardening adventure this winter, because the variety in the supermarkets is poor.
Unfortunately, some stuff I've planted haven't come up in over 2 weeks. so not sure whats going on there.

I'm looking for some advice. I have a tank cut into four, about 6 rungs high and I'm looking at a 4 bed rotation and I'm confused from the info I've seen online.

Do I need a 5th bed for grass?

I have:
1. brasicas/leafy stuff
2. Beans peas etc
3. Fruits and circubits
4. Roots

I'm looking at planting in circular wedges. Can I plant any companion plants and fill in plants like carrots and beets. Or do I need to give more room.

I've joined the diggers club, so got some pretty good varieties of vegetables. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with some of the heirloom seeds, and if they have any photos of the vegetables/fruit.

Just planted Pak Choy and spring onions today. Just started my little gardening adventure this winter, because the variety in the supermarkets is poor.
Unfortunately, some stuff I've planted haven't come up in over 2 weeks. so not sure whats going on there.

I'm looking for some advice. I have a tank cut into four, about 6 rungs high and I'm looking at a 4 bed rotation and I'm confused from the info I've seen online.

I have:
1. brasicas/leafy stuff
2. Beans peas etc
3. Fruits and circubits
4. Roots

I'm looking at planting in circular wedges. Can I plant any companion plants and fill in plants like carrots and beets. Or do I need to give more room.

I've joined the diggers club, so got some pretty good varieties of vegetables. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with some of the heirloom seeds, and if they have any photos of the vegetables/fruit.

I'm a HUGE fan of Diggers. I mostly use them for annuals and perennials, but grew some pumpkins last year that went crazy. We can also buy some of their seeds and seedlings at places like Bunnings and The Guildford Garden Centre here. You might have similar places in Adelaide.

I've been reading up a fair bit about companion planting and have gotten a fair bit right, purely by accident. One Australian book I have suggests not growing veggies in rows and to mix them around, like I have. This apparently confuses the bugs. I also have nasturtiums and curry plant close by, which also react as repellants - so far no spraying and no bugs. I have over planted, which also helps. Putting in spring onions and basil will protect other plants as well.

This is my new favourite friend:

http://ecoorganicgarden.com.au/products/fertilisers/eco-seaweed/

it's not as messy as Seasol and you seem to get a lot out of a container. I also use thrive once a week.

Did you use seeds or seedlings. My spring onions were seedlings, but even they grow a bit slower at the time of the year.

I have:
1. brasicas/leafy stuff
2. Beans peas etc
3. Fruits and circubits
4. Roots

Ohh and the beetroots in my veggie garden pic are from Diggers

Baked beetroots go great with feta and red onion. Cooked them up last week from on garden from on yard. For some reason they just seem they want grow hardly at all. Might have had too many of them for the size container.
that sounds very yummy. I usually chop mine up in to small squares and steam them. I then add baby spinach, sliced red onions, mixed greens or baby spinach, toasted pine nuts - then toss with balsamic and olive oil

I planted loads of snow peas well over a month ago and only here and there is the occasional one popping up. They were from packets I opened and used last year, you tend to get a far better strike rate with new ones but never had them not work as badly as these seeds. Went and bought a packet of new ones..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back