Roast Garry Lyon on Nic Naitanui

Remove this Banner Ad

Garry Lyon is the male version of Caro.......Enough said.
Om3d5SQ.gif

Garry Lyon is the male version of Caro.......Enough said.
Anybody watch that show on a regular basis? I caught it last night for basically the first time and they, especially Caro, ask some stupid questions. I think she was trying to argue to Mick that the players watch footage of him stressing in the coaches box and as such they worry about his health. The bemused look on Mick's face said it all. Embarrassing TV.

I think they need to realise that big ruckmen and forwards take a fair while to develop into their full potential. Cox took a few years, s**t, Sandipants has only really been half decent in the last 5 years, so lets give a few more years before we go writing him off completly. A solid, un-interrupted pre season would also help.

He's definitely underdone and not producinig what he needs to to be in the side, so he should be in the WAFL to regain fitness and form imo. Cam Wood however, does not deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as NN though, coz NN has at least made an All Australian squad, where as Cam has been delisted from at least two clubs. Gary Lyon is a guy who wouldnt even coach his club when they needed him, his opinion need not be considered.

Should have started in the WAFL, playing a small amount in the NAB cup, and one intra club was never going to be enough to run out a normal season game.

Clearly not fit, and now because of that he is getting niggly injuries by the looks of it because he is pushing himself harder than what his body can handle at the moment.

Nic Nat hasn't been fit for two years now. Fitness staff should take a nice look at themselves because injuries to all our key guys is happening entirely too often.

As for Lyon he's just tearing NN down because of his teams stupid decision to take Watts over him, he has no partiality at all

Naitanui has put his hand up to play this season and deserves to be judged harshly. He has been poor this season, by anyone's standards. Clearly not fit.

If it is an achilles problem as is being suggested, the season could be a write off.

Nic Nat was actually good in the first quarter of the first 3 games, but faded in the second quarter and was gassed completely in the second half. He'll come good but it's not pretty in the meantime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Garry Lyon is a twat he is just trying to justify Melbourne taking watts over nic .

So nic nat has started the season slow and watts has played 2 good games this year/ his career . So whatt :) he needs an all Australian , 3 mark of the year noms and a highlight reel as long as an AC/DC song to even compare ! Watts is also a soft as butter little mummies boy who couldn't play as a fwd or defender because of his softness so now runs around on a wing by himself . Go * yourself Garry Lyon

Any mug can see hes playing sore & when your sore its really hard to enjoy footy so no ranting or stupid over the top calls are warranted.
Lyon is the purveier of gloom & doom , he doenst know any better, seriously why watch that s**t , Melbourne scribs are all flogs & the footy Media is a bucket of s**t , so turn it off & go for a walk instead.
Nic Nat will come good soon dont worry about that ,where 4 games in for FFS ,everyone JUST CHILL.

People are being a bit harsh on Gazza Lyon here. Yes, he's probably never going to spin a side out on the last day but he's a clever cricketer and the best spin option we have in the long form of the game at the moment. We need to accept that he's not going to be Warne and just be grateful he probably won't start dating Liz Hurley and turn himself into a freaky Ken doll.

People are being a bit harsh on Gazza Lyon here. Yes, he's probably never going to spin a side out on the last day but he's a clever cricketer and the best spin option we have in the long form of the game at the moment. We need to accept that he's not going to be Warne and just be grateful he probably won't start dating Liz Hurley and turn himself into a freaky Ken doll.
Not sure if serious ! But if Garry Lyon did bowl a side out on a fifth day pitch turning
Right angles I would eat my eagles membership :) if he is the best we have we are ****ed

Would love to see him play like this again..

I'm not embarrassed one bit to admit I got half a mongrel from that.
God I hope they don't mismanage his injuries. I just heard on the radio that Simpson said he wasn't dropping Nic for this weeks game based on form and if he's fit enough he'll play.

So ummm how did you go with the Huntsman, didn't kill it I hope.

As far as NicNat goes, everyone could see 2 years ago, all Australian year, how good he is and could be. Groins are terrible things to overcome and compensating for the lack of mobility there can lead to other injuries which is the case with his feet now. Don't rush him back, don't over train him and get him 100% so he can dominate once again and prove the doubters wrong. Real Wrong.

He is still young and yet to hit his prime which would be about 26-28yrs for a big guy like him.

This.

If NN was playing for a Victorian side they would all be worshipping him as the greatest Ruckman/forward to play since Jesus of Marriboo...

Not really sure why people have a crack at him. Less than 2 years ago he was tearing it up and All Australian at 22. He has been injured since and yes he has been average this year because of it. What have guys like Kruezer done in their careers? The guy still has plenty of time to get back to fitness and be the best ruckman again.

Yeh but just because he's the best we've got doesn't mean he should be let off the hook. Last day at Cape Town he was terrible, I'm not asking him to take 6/10, but to not even get close to taking a scalp is embarrassing. He's very lucky Ryno saved us, otherwise he would've received a lot of criticism.

Completely agree with Garry; he's been in the system a long time now and he just hasn't played enough consistent footy. In terms of ability, he's still lucky to be ahead of Sinclair and Lycett at the moment. Needs to lift.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back