Truckosaurus

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
It's the off-season for us.

#1 - Eagles
Naturally. Majestic, native apex predator that shits on everything below it.

#2 - Lions
Much like the above but not native and with a poorer pooping range.

#3 - Tigers
Lions with less hair and no friends. Makes a nice rug, admittedly.

#4 - Demons
Could be higher on the list but the plural suggests a lack of uniqueness common to the lower ranks of the infernal hierarchy. May be demonic equivalent of bin men.

#5 - Kangaroos
The only part of the coat of arms pulling its weight (looking at you, wattle). Can * you up if they want to. Can pause pregnancies, which is a neat trick.

#6 - Crows
Big brains. Can use tools. Black is stylish.

#7 - Magpies
Also big brained but too associated with Collingwood to be higher.

#8 - Swans
Scrapes into the 8 by virtue of being WA's state emblem. Otherwise look good but are dumb as a post and are essentially bottom-feeders.
#9 - Giants
Useful for reaching things on high shelves, changing light bulbs, etc. Traditionally eat people however.

#10 - Bulldogs
Inbred, can't breath without wheezing, useless legs - basically the Hapsburgs of dogs.

#11 - Cats
Never met one that wasn't utterly neurotic.

#12 - Dockers
Not even what we call them here. Can't be used alone without infringing on a trademark for terrible pants.

#13 - Saints
Seriously? No, seriously?

#14 - Suns
The sun is my skin's mortal enemy. The thought of more than one fills me with disgust and the urge to stay indoors.

#15 - Hawks
Just eagles from Wish.

#16 - Power
It isn't everything. It isn't a good nickname for starters.

#17 - Bombers
Rendered militarily obsolete by ICBMs and armed drones, now only conjures images of terrorists murdering scores of people.

#18 - Blues
Proof that the only creative thing about Carlton is their bookkeeping.

What are your rankings?

#1 - Eagles

#2 - Lions

#3 - Tigers

#4 - Demons
Could be higher on the list but the plural suggests a lack of uniqueness common to the lower ranks of the infernal hierarchy. May be demonic equivalent of bin men.

#5 - Kangaroos
The only part of the coat of arms pulling its weight (looking at you, wattle). Can * you up if they want to. Can pause pregnancies, which is a neat trick.

#6 - Crows

#7 - Magpies

#8 - Swans
Scrapes into the 8 by virtue of being WA's state emblem. Otherwise look good but are dumb as a post and are essentially bottom-feeders.
#9 - Giants
Useful for reaching things on high shelves, changing light bulbs, etc. Traditionally eat people however.

#10 - Bulldogs
Inbred, can't breath without wheezing, useless legs - basically the Hapsburgs of dogs.

#11 - Cats

#12 - Dockers
Not even what we call them here. Can't be used alone without infringing on a trademark for terrible pants.

#13 - Saints

#14 - Suns
The sun is my skin's mortal enemy. The thought of more than one fills me with disgust and the urge to stay indoors.

#15 - Hawks
Just eagles from Wish.

#16 - Power

#17 - Bombers
Rendered militarily obsolete by ICBMs and armed drones, now only conjures images of terrorists murdering scores of people.

#18 - Blues

What are your rankings?

#1 - Eagles
#2 - Crows
#3-18 - campaigners

#1 - Eagles

#2 - Lions

#3 - Tigers

#4 - Demons

#5 - Kangaroos

#6 - Crows

#7 - Magpies

#8 - Swans
#9 - Giants

#10 - Bulldogs

#11 - Cats

#12 - Dockers

#13 - Saints

#14 - Suns

#15 - Hawks
Just eagles from Wish.

#16 - Power

#17 - Bombers

#18 - Blues

What are your rankings?

Good list but I'd have Magpies much lower. Swooping campaigners.

#1 - Eagles

#2 - Lions

#3 - Tigers

#4 - Demons

#5 - Kangaroos

#6 - Crows

#7 - Magpies

#8 - Swans
#9 - Giants

#10 - Bulldogs

#11 - Cats

#12 - Dockers

#13 - Saints

#14 - Suns

#15 - Hawks
Just eagles from Wish.

#16 - Power

#17 - Bombers

#18 - Blues

What are your rankings?
I like Freo (more than most West Coast fans anyway) but 'Dockers' is the worst team name in the AFL by a considerable margin.

Old school nicknames
Bears - vicious but noble beasts that would rip you to shreds and then trudge away disinterestedly.

Gorillas - poor Harambe :disrelieved:

Nicknames of nicknames
D's - Like, at least be the A's, rather than the 4th letter of the alphabet.

Pies - brings to mind images of obese waistlines downing delicious but diabetes-inducing savoury goods.

Secondary nicknames
Dons - Pyke, Scott, smallgoods.

The Coasters - handy stain-prevention implement that every household needs. Also makes a handy housewarming gift for people you don't care much about.

The Bloods - does anyone else think of feminine hygiene when they hear this? Just me? Carry on then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The west coast
The Orange Team
The Dockers (they are stuttering out there at the moment)
Crom
The left foot arrow (it is straight)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back