Luke Shuey - Where Does He Rank?

Remove this Banner Ad

After watching the game I had no idea who was going to get the Norm Smith. Thought we had a few deserving. Shuey obviously but Schofield and Hutch played supreme games but the type of games that don't attract votes, Sheed won the game and was solid throughout too, Barrass was a rock.

In 1992 you were in no doubt. 5 goals off a wing. * me. Matera was a freak of the highest order.

Materas GF was no.1

1992 Matera
2018 Shuey
2006 Embley
1994 Kemp

2005 Judd
1991 Sumich? McKenna?
2015 (Who cares)

Judd played great in 05 but we lost so I don't care about it as much

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Judd's 2005 was better than Embley's 2006.
Judd was hands down the best player on the ground that day, I would''ve had Kerr equally as good as Embley in 2006.
I do think that Shuey was better than both, however.

Shuey is absolutely an A grade mid!! Just not as consistent as the other top 3. He used to kick heaps of goals before Simmo took over, has a couple 5 goal games as a mid. For some reason Simmos game style doesn't complement mids kicking goals, even Kelly was a goal a game player before coming back west.

Judd's 2005 was better than Embley's 2006.
Judd was hands down the best player on the ground that day, I would''ve had Kerr equally as good as Embley in 2006.
I do think that Shuey was better than both, however.
winning Normies outrank losing normies.

It's Normy 101

Also Embles was a star in 06 GF and many many big games

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

After watching the game I had no idea who was going to get the Norm Smith. Thought we had a few deserving. Shuey obviously but Schofield and Hutch played supreme games but the type of games that don't attract votes, Sheed won the game and was solid throughout too, Barrass was a rock.

In 1992 you were in no doubt. 5 goals off a wing. * me. Matera was a freak of the highest order.
Schofield got my vote for Norm Smith, and I can’t stand the guy - outside of football he’s a knob (well. He was, reckon he’s mellowed now)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shuey should have given the medal to Nelson like that Dogs kent that gave his premiership medal to Murphy

Also part of one of the greatest GF plays in history. Dan Venables owes sheps his medal for stealing his ex 🤪 (clearly a joke guys)

So you think it’s likely Judd pulled that out of his ass on GF day if they swap places because he did it a couple of times in his 280 game career.
I think its more likely that Judd does than Shuey does.

What happened to Shuey in 2015? Shat the bed like everyone else.

Judd won a Normsmith in a losing team, then backed that up with 28 Disposals and a goal in 2006.

No one is saying that Shuey didn't play an exceptional game, or that he hasn't been anything but a wonderful player for this club but you're absolutely clueless if you think ANYONE takes Shuey over peak Judd into a grand final.

Hate how Shueygods made some outrageous calls and people are low key now slandering Shuey cause of it

I think its more likely that Judd does than Shuey does.

What happened to Shuey in 2015? Shat the bed like everyone else.

Judd won a Normsmith in a losing team, then backed that up with 28 Disposals and a goal in 2006.

No one is saying that Shuey didn't play an exceptional game, or that he hasn't been anything but a wonderful player for this club but you're absolutely clueless if you think ANYONE takes Shuey over peak Judd into a grand final.
Probably. But Shuey did play that game, that is fact. Judds grand finals were good, they were three rungs below Shueys performance.

My initial statement was if you replace shuey with any mid in our history and we nearly always lose the game. I don’t see how anyone can refute this.

Shuey kicked the first goal of the game in 2015 and worked all day, how much better a team does Judd make us that day?

Hate how Shueygods made some outrageous calls and people are low key now slandering Shuey cause of it
Hardly any of the calls I’ve said are outrageous, the one that seems to be the most controversial is that Matera, cousins and Judd would have struggled to match his influence in the 2018 GF.

Unless some one can tell me they think any of those 3 played 50% of their games the same level then they actually agree with me.

Last edited:
Probably. But Shuey did play that game, that is fact. Judds grand finals were good, they were three rungs below Shueys performance.

My initial statement was if you replace shuey with any mid in our history and we nearly always lose the game. I don’t see how anyone can refute this.

Shuey kicked the first goal of the game in 2015 and worked all day, how much better a team does Judd make us that day?

Judd makes any midfield he plays in significantly better, if you genuinely can't see that then there's no point having this discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back