GDFL Geelong and District Football League - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

It is good to see Belmont are on the rise they playing some great footy with a very young side with some great juniors playing in the ones as well :D. It should be a great game between them and Winch this week even though both sides wont play finals it should be a cracking match that goes down to the wire.

you are right there Kingfisher, i have watched a couple of belmont games and they really seem to be on the improve each week. well done must go there committee and coach for the way they have rebuilt them selves:D

A bit of a guess....Tell me if think otherwise!

Belmont: M.Carrol
Bell Post: J.Symes
Inverleigh:D.Peel
Winch: M.Mckormack or T.Mclure

Just some names to though around...THoughts?

Fair call, what are your thoughts on the rest of the teams?
here a my thoughts,

Anakie: Collins
BPH: Symes/Moreland
Bannockburn: Tayler
Belmont: J.Carrol/M.Carrol
Blue west: Bradford
Corio: M.Wade/M.Stewart
East Geelong: Otoole/Power
Inverliegh: Peel/Trotter
North Geelong: Fitzsimmons/Van Krieken
Thomson: J.Macleod/S.Macleod
Winchelsea:A.Challis/J.Rees
Werribee:B.Chugg/B.Smith

Anyone else you think should be listed in there or shouldnt be in there?

So boys and girls it looks like a 2 horse race so what are peoples thoughts.

For mine East to finish on top. BPH to meet Werribbe and win week one of the finals and follow up with a second semi win. Werribbe to strike back against Inverleigh (who have beaten Thomson in week 1) and meet East in a tough prelim which East come through to eventually knock off BPH easily in the GF.

So boys and girls it looks like a 2 horse race so what are peoples thoughts.

For mine East to finish on top. BPH to meet Werribbe and win week one of the finals and follow up with a second semi win. Werribbe to strike back against Inverleigh (who have beaten Thomson in week 1) and meet East in a tough prelim which East come through to eventually knock off BPH easily in the GF.

BPH for me Drago, with Inverleigh to make a prelim final but East will knock them off to get into the big one

I heard coach wasnt assured of the job nexr year so he walkes out.. I could be wrong though

Wasn't it that the players didn't want his brother involved and because of that the committee met, wanted to give him the flick and the coach said if he's gone so am i? Its probably 4th hand news so it may have got mixed in the translation.

Wasn't it that the players didn't want his brother involved and because of that the committee met, wanted to give him the flick and the coach said if he's gone so am i? Its probably 4th hand news so it may have got mixed in the translation.

Players had a problem with his brother earning more cash than most of the players for doing pretty much nothing. Leadership group met and pretty much decided it was an "us or them" situation, so the club moved to get rid of the coach, at which point he said dont bother, i quit!!!

Players had a problem with his brother earning more cash than most of the players for doing pretty much nothing. Leadership group met and pretty much decided it was an "us or them" situation, so the club moved to get rid of the coach, at which point he said dont bother, i quit!!!
What was brother Gibbs's role at the club and moreover how did the players know what he was earning?? Issues all round IMO.

Ricky O'toole walked out at 1/4 time yesterday. I seen him have a heated chat with the bench coach and he was walking 2 the bench then coy went over and they were arguing then he walked into the rooms grabed his bag and went home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ricky O'toole walked out at 1/4 time yesterday. I seen him have a heated chat with the bench coach and he was walking 2 the bench then coy went over and they were arguing then he walked into the rooms grabed his bag and went home.

Good lead-up to the finals out at East Geelong it seems

the 2's are a hard one to pick to win the flag, what does everyone think?

I think its definately between East Geelong and Anakie, with North Geelong a smokie if they can beat BPH this week.

East Geelong have been resting players every week and have not put out their full strength side in some time, and Anakie have had a lot of their 2's go up to the 1's to fill gaps but they will be returning for finals. Should be an interesting finals series!

I think its definately between East Geelong and Anakie, with North Geelong a smokie if they can beat BPH this week.

East Geelong have been resting players every week and have not put out their full strength side in some time, and Anakie have had a lot of their 2's go up to the 1's to fill gaps but they will be returning for finals. Should be an interesting finals series!

i agree east geelong will be to good for the rest of the 2's comp, i did think anakie and bannockburn were in with a shot but both have seemed to drop off.

i agree east geelong will be to good for the rest of the 2's comp, i did think anakie and bannockburn were in with a shot but both have seemed to drop off.

East finishing 2nf surely scrobba wont be happy about that. Any one tipping upsets this week??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back