GDFL Geelong and District Football League - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

You blokes can atleast agree on one thing, Carlton.
As for Inver, They have got some great young kids. The difference on saturday(was alot of differences, but the main one) was inver didnt have a really dangerous looking forward that could rip a game apart. Zak Hickleton is a great player but east wouldnt have worried about his 30 effective disposals coming backward of centre. Inver need to throw him in the mid and let him get the ball in dangerous areas because he had the best skills on the ground. Trotter was strong over the footy and in the best in a poor team effort but his best is behind him. I hope he goes around again though. They need a couple of key defenders. Had noone for skroba and once he got on top and smashed the confidence from inver's big backs Murphy got amongst it. Not sure if Easts #7 had s**t his pants but inver didnt go near manning him up and was important in the 1st half setting up fwd thrusts. I think Inver are a fair way off but would be great for a comp that is a bit monotonous to have some fresh contenders.
Good luck to both sides this week. Hoping for east to get up. 1 because i like the underdog and 2 because i hate Bell Post

if inverleigh won the next 10 flags everyone on here would still try and knock them, the average age of the team would be 22-23, if the group stays together they will be up there for many years. at the start of the year nobody was giving them a chance and they ended up finishing 3rd so i think everyone around the place would be pretty pleased with how the year went. the first step for them would have been to taste finals action and they have done that so now they will want to be playing in that final game of the year. also dont think east will be a contender next after the rumors that were flying around st albans on satdy, i would love to know how many of the team that will run out at 2pm satdy played juniors for east my guess would be not many.

if inverleigh won the next 10 flags everyone on here would still try and knock them, the average age of the team would be 22-23, if the group stays together they will be up there for many years. at the start of the year nobody was giving them a chance and they ended up finishing 3rd so i think everyone around the place would be pretty pleased with how the year went. the first step for them would have been to taste finals action and they have done that so now they will want to be playing in that final game of the year. also dont think east will be a contender next after the rumors that were flying around st albans on satdy, i would love to know how many of the team that will run out at 2pm satdy played juniors for east my guess would be not many.

My guess would be none. I hope for East's sake, they can make a fist of it on Sat. With the "big Skrob" putting his hand up to coach Darley next year, he is like the 'pied piper', and all his merry men will follow regardless. A loss, and it could be Belmont revisited!

As for Inver, They have got some great young kids. The difference on saturday(was alot of differences, but the main one) was inver didnt have a really dangerous looking forward that could rip a game apart. Zak Hickleton is a great player but east wouldnt have worried about his 30 effective disposals coming backward of centre. Inver need to throw him in the mid and let him get the ball in dangerous areas because he had the best skills on the ground. Trotter was strong over the footy and in the best in a poor team effort but his best is behind him. I hope he goes around again though. They need a couple of key defenders. Had noone for skroba and once he got on top and smashed the confidence from inver's big backs Murphy got amongst it. Not sure if Easts #7 had s**t his pants but inver didnt go near manning him up and was important in the 1st half setting up fwd thrusts. I think Inver are a fair way off but would be great for a comp that is a bit monotonous to have some fresh contenders.
Good luck to both sides this week. Hoping for east to get up. 1 because i like the underdog and 2 because i hate Bell Post[/quote

Hatred is such a vulgar emotion, maybe jealousy is the correct emotion you feel as the panthers have sourced better talent from the western suburbs to mix in with their local talent. I know it is difficult to believe but the current team has been 7 years in the making from when we finished third and got knocked out in straight sets

I'm going for a red and blue double to knock over east on saturday, anakie in the 2's cos they're my mob and the hill in the 1's cos i can't stand east!

Good luck to both sides this week. Hoping for east to get up. 1 because i like the underdog and 2 because i hate Bell Post[/quote

Hatred is such a vulgar emotion, maybe jealousy is the correct emotion you feel as the panthers have sourced better talent from the western suburbs to mix in with their local talent. I know it is difficult to believe but the current team has been 7 years in the making from when we finished third and got knocked out in straight sets

Spot on mate. Yeah hate is a strong word but ill stand by it. Bad memories. I am very jealous. I'd give my left nut to be playing in a grand final. The western suburbs talent is not something i envy though.

Spot on mate. Yeah hate is a strong word but ill stand by it. Bad memories. I am very jealous. I'd give my left nut to be playing in a grand final. The western suburbs talent is not something i envy though.

Big call Scoobs a grand final is only one day but losing a left nut will be with you for life i hope you get to a grand final again one day without having to make that sort of sacrifice.

Seniors: East by 50
Magoos: East by 24

Looking forward 2 a great game it should be better than last years grand final. I have a feeling east will win but i hope the hill win. Will Ricky o'toole break the duck?
Seniors: east by 2 goals
2's: east by 25 points

Looking forward 2 a great game it should be better than last years grand final. I have a feeling east will win but i hope the hill win. Will Ricky o'toole break the duck?

BPH will win by 30+ points if it remains dry, if wet it will be closer but BPH has stronger bodies and more class!!

The big questionis will bph's heartless leader spit on a netballer in the crowd or the oppositions president and escape club suspension. What a winner he is. Well done panthers. True leaders in the community!

East Geelongs best was proved to be superior than Bell post hills best today.....,..but alas a superior team effort and the fact East bottom 9 players were completely ineffectual after the first clearance in the second half meant a truly memorable grand final comeback for the ages.
Congratulations to the players and commitee and support staff for the panthers for your achievement today.
Special Kudos to Josh Bacely for his efforts on and off field and I am glad the camera caught the moment when you realised we were across the line late in the game. A true panther through and through

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well done hill just 2 good. I hear inverleigh r now looking 4 a coach. That means anakie, nth geelong inverleigh and winch r looking 4 a new coach 4 2012

My guess would be none. I hope for East's sake, they can make a fist of it on Sat. With the "big Skrob" putting his hand up to coach Darley next year, he is like the 'pied piper', and all his merry men will follow regardless. A loss, and it could be Belmont revisited!
Now the loss has happened with East, if Skrob is going to Darley next year, it will be an interesting space to watch to see whether a mass exodus will occur! Full credit to them, they played well today but when it comes to the crunch who's better Jovanovic or Murphy?

Now the loss has happened with East, if Skrob is going to Darley next year, it will be an interesting space to watch to see whether a mass exodus will occur! Full credit to them, they played well today but when it comes to the crunch who's better Jovanovic or Murphy?

Jovanvic!! Bigger bodied, crunches packs,more intimidating!!! Have no problem standing in the whole for murphy!! Jovanovic on the other hand... Would prefer the big guy in my team any day of the week

Just want to say what fantastic coverage there was on Channel 31 of the GDFL Grand Final. Was very professional and the quality for a country league game was outstanding.

For mine East had BPH on toast late in the second quarter I thought it was poor coaching to have Lucas Murphy a 100 goal full forward playing up in the midfield for most of the game. He needed to be at full forward where obvioulslty he plays his best footy. I think BPH showed in the seocnd half the value of a quality full forward in Jovanovic. If East had done the same the result may have been different imo.

Just want to say what fantastic coverage there was on Channel 31 of the GDFL Grand Final. Was very professional and the quality for a country league game was outstanding.

For mine East had BPH on toast late in the second quarter I thought it was poor coaching to have Lucas Murphy a 100 goal full forward playing up in the midfield for most of the game. He needed to be at full forward where obvioulslty he plays his best footy. I think BPH showed in the seocnd half the value of a quality full forward in Jovanovic. If East had done the same the result may have been different imo.

East needed someone in the midfield to get the ball inside 50...cos if they had better delivery no one was gonna stop Skrob one out. Murphy could have sat at FF all day and he still wouldnt have scored a goal.

it was a great game of footy regardless, with both teams going at it til the very end. i reckon Murphy will get the gig if skrob goes....

East needed someone in the midfield to get the ball inside 50...cos if they had better delivery no one was gonna stop Skrob one out. Murphy could have sat at FF all day and he still wouldnt have scored a goal.

it was a great game of footy regardless, with both teams going at it til the very end. i reckon Murphy will get the gig if skrob goes....

It was my first viewing of Murphy since his BFL days, and really did not display the credentials of a league medal winner. Numerous cheap shots from behind dished out all day, and again he doesn't kick goals against good opposition. Paul Breguet? Must be wondering how he did not get near the league medal last season, oh that's right, he doesn't play for East. The big Skrob is by far their most influential player. Well done to the Hill.

It was my first viewing of Murphy since his BFL days, and really did not display the credentials of a league medal winner. Numerous cheap shots from behind dished out all day, and again he doesn't kick goals against good opposition. Paul Breguet? Must be wondering how he did not get near the league medal last season, oh that's right, he doesn't play for East. The big Skrob is by far their most influential player. Well done to the Hill.

I have been hearing murphy will coach east.
I have also heard breguet is heading back to ocean grove to finsh his footy. (big hole to fill at nth)

Anyone to predict the rise and fall of clubs next year?
For mine, North unfortunately to have a tough year, big questions at out anakie after their imploding at the end of the season.

Will East finish top 2 again without the big man?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back