Review Geelong exorcise the Demons by 15 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFAIK Sydney tried pretty hard to find a spot where he could impact consistently and in their defense he still isn't a "reliable" player who will give you 15 possies, 4 tackles and goal every game. I think he started life as a forward, and spent a fair bit of time off half back and through the midfield because it would appear those positions should suit his game. For whatever reason though he could never get enough ball often enough to hold those spots so he ended up back at the forward line before we traded him in.

He also obviously had a lot of injury issues that would have delayed his development.

I also don't recall him being in the top runners for distance in any of the games I've seen him in, so it could just be that he's not a great aerobic athlete and he's limited in the number of contests he can get to and impact.

First time I really sat up and noticed Rohan was in a game at KP, he and Paul Chapman were contesting a ball on Sydney's half-back line, next moment Rohan was 30 meters away; put on the afterburners, poor old Chappy - who was never the quickest player we had - didn't even bother to chase. Seriously quick.
Still must be close to the quickest player in the comp.

Interesting that Port Adelaide still targeting Ratugolea. Not planning on going after Essendon's Mason Redman. They say that but who knows.

Geelong v Melbourne​

10 Gary Rohan (GEEL)
6 Tom Stewart (GEEL)
5 Christian Petracca (MELB)
5 Brad Close (GEEL)
3 Jack Viney (MELB)
1 Jake Lever (MELB)

Geelong v Melbourne​

10 Gary Rohan (GEEL)
6 Tom Stewart (GEEL)
5 Christian Petracca (MELB)
5 Brad Close (GEEL)
3 Jack Viney (MELB)
1 Jake Lever (MELB)
Similar Bruhn sentiment to others, at least take Levers and one of Vineys or Petraccas to give to him.

I also thought for players between the arcs Close had more class, impact and decisiveness at critical moments than Petracca. The two Demons were bulls but they really lacked any kind of polish or creativity, or even just making the smart play.

Glad to see Stewart recognised. He had those two bafflingly bad games against Port and Freo but otherwise his last two months have been superb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gary Rohans goal - which was a tremendous goal - very exciting - watched it several times over- were 1 player says im just going burn you off

But anyone who went to the 1981 PF at Waverley which i did - Geelong v Coll - Cats should have won by about 6 goals - but thats another story

But what Rohan did to May - is exactly what Peter Daicos did to Ian Nankervis late in the last qtr to basically win the game for Coll . There were only those 2 and then the goals - cant remember if Daicos marked the ball - but he got possession - and said - im going to do you for pace - and thats exactly what he did and kicked the goal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back