Rumour Geelong have made an offer to Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

With the Geelong juggernaut slowing down, Bartel, Kelly, Mackie and few getting near the end, losing some middle tier players in Varcoe and Bundy, not sure their run will continue... If he genuinely wants success, its hard to see him going to Geelong. If its about being popular and well paid (even if no maximising that payment), his ties with the cats could get him over the line, the reality is if he wants both, he wont get that at Geelong IMO...

With the Geelong juggernaut slowing down, Bartel, Kelly, Mackie and few getting near the end, losing some middle tier players in Varcoe and Bundy, not sure their run will continue... If he genuinely wants success, its hard to see him going to Geelong. If its about being popular and well paid (even if no maximising that payment), his ties with the cats could get him over the line, the reality is if he wants both, he wont get that at Geelong IMO...
Haven't Geelong supposedly been slowing down since the end of 2010?

Haven't Geelong supposedly been slowing down since the end of 2010?
Yup…

1 Flag.
3 Finals appearances.
1 x EF
1 x PF
1 x SF

Certainly not maximising our position for sure - slowing down perhaps - still top 1/3 of the competition at worst.

Go Catters

I think with a midfield of Selwood and Dangerfield, a forward line which includes Hawkins and Motlop, a backline with Taylor, they have the core group that could bring them immediate success

Not necessarily. You can put the 5 best players in the league into the worst team and it won't be enough for that team to make finals.
Fortunately Geelong are not one of the worst teams.
We're always keen to put a player in without considering who to take out.
Dangerfield is though one of those players that makes a team immediately better.

Geelong are at a point where they're likely to lose another couple of irreplaceables in Bartel and Johnson at least. Does Dangerfield alone cover those two along with what would now be a borderline player?

Hey im brand new here, and just wanted to weigh in with what i have heard, if someone could confirm or deny i would really like that. I heard Danger is NOT a good team player and it is all me me me with him. Under Walsh obviously that does not fit in, and would explain why Tex is the pick for Captain who is known for being a team player. Also Melbourne said they dont want him at all, Roos would be a team guy and they have got Bernie Vince who played with him.
Anyone know if this is true?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back