Preview Geelong V Hawks Mon Apr1 2024 @MCG 320pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk of Parfitt being dropped after that game seems odd

Played his arse off and PFD ( as an inside MF) is questionable and so is Axe.

Parfitt plays again for mine.

GO Catters

You are confusing Hawthorn with West Coast or the bye.

Gotta put best team available on the park.

If Atkins/Bruhn are fully ready… get them in.

They’ll also be keen on the match payment.
It's a long season and Scott was pretty frank about taking a squad mentality to it.
I also don't think it will hurt us to get some players in now who are hungry for the opportunity.
Hardie is a 26 year old who looks probably too good for vfl level. If he doesn't get his chance in the AFL soon, when does he?

The chance Duncan misses any more games due to fatherhood is zero. The club would absolutely organise help for new mothers and be flexible with the player's travel arrangements rather than have a player miss an extra game.
Considering the game is at the MCG it isn't like he would be away for 2-3 days either it would be a half a day at most

I know, they hate it so much.

Has anyone watched First Crack on Fox over the last couple weeks?

Montagna has been glowing in his praise of the Cats...while Kingy literally fumbles with the paperwork and pens while staring blankly down at his desk. It's really quite amusing viewing.

I've just never understood the hatred in sport for greatness tbh.

In leagues across the globe, we allow players to play with assault charges, harrassment...even murder in some cases and other horrible acts...yet we seem to hate the successful, well run clubs or players more than anybody like that.

It's never made sense to me. If the club and/or player in questions only 'flaw' is that they are just better than everybody else at what they do...then what's wrong with that?

Guys like Dangerfield, Selwood, & Hawkins have been some of the most hated players in the competition for over a decade....all because they're just really good at football.

They haven't committed any crimes. They haven't snubbed their noses at any of their opponents.

They've actually shown to be upstanding members of their community and take pride in putting their family before anything else.

And yet, because they're really good at football, and play for the best club of the 21st century...they are some of the most despised.

I imagine they take great pride in it, as should we as supporters. If you're hated in this world and you haven't done anything wrong, it usually means you're doing a lot right.

I haven't seen first crack this week but the Montagna vs King views have been pretty interesting.

Kingy, for all his flaws, is usually very data driven. The drum he has been beating this year is generating turnovers and intercepts. Been harassing teams over it. Turns to his discussion of Geelong and its just no data about us being one of the best intercept sites going around, and just gut feel "I don't think Mitch Knevitt is the next Dangerfield"

Joey is just like, look at the best 22. That is a good best 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Cruel" with C7 is missing 2 games - god knows how they describe what the kids in Palestine are enduring...
Really need to send ch7 there to vox pop some shell shocked and malnourished children and ask them if they're aware of the crisis with Dangerfield.

Really need to send ch7 there to vox pop some shell shocked and malnourished children and ask them if they're aware of the crisis with Dangerfield.

Within context - the world of footy - it can be described as 'cruel'.

If you politicise footy and look at it from a worldwide view then the perspective behind that term changes.

Danger out for the next two.

s**t news given how utterly threadbare our midfield is at the moment, but also not as dire an outcome as I was bracing myself for. I agree with others that the club will be conservative and give him three weeks just to be safe.

Next three games are Hawks, Bulldogs, and North. If we can scrouge two wins from that block without Danger that would put us at 4-1 after Round 5 and in a good position for the rest of the season. Easier said than done though with such a thin starting midfield group, even against less difficult opposition.

The worst one I've seen was over the weekend, might have been Cooney.

Can't find a quote but he said something along the lines of this:

"They've got such a strong defence behind the ball. Stewart obviously, De Koning is a great young player, Henry is back and is a star.

The forward line with those two big guys up there, and the smalls with Miers, Stengle, Close & now Dempsey.

Holmes will run through the midfield, Bruhn will run through the midfield, Clark now as another young player.

It seems like Geelong won't be going down for a while"

What s**ts me is WE KNEW THAT ALREADY. This isn't new information.

Every living Geelong supporter could have told you all of that at any point over the off-season...you just didn't listen.

It's the same on SEN last week. Kane, Gerard, & Hodgey where discussing how good our young talent is

Mentioned Dempsey, Clark, Holmes, Bruhn, Bowes, even Conway & Knevitt.

...Again..if you'd actually bothered to do any research you would have known this...but you didn't.

I know it's not that big of a deal..but all of these pundits are getting paid to do this. It isn't charity, they are paid for their opinions, and so called 'analysis'.

To get it so wrong so consistently would get you the lemon & sass in any other industry...but in this one, we just allow the same drivel for 15 years....and then they wonder why Geelong supporters call them out on their BS.

Kingy hasn’t jumped on yet has he? Because then I’ll really be worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back