No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

I look at this Carlton team and it reminds me of the RTB Saints teams from back in the day.

They have several high end stars and several absolute battlers. Granted there are some good players in between, but the gulf between the top several and the bottom several is huge.

Stars - Reiwoldt, Hayes, Dal Santo, Goddard, Milne, Fisher, Montagna

Spuds - Eddy, Peake, Dempster, McQualter, Clarke (x2)

Stars - Weitering, Docherty, Walsh, Cripps, Curnow, Cerra, Saad

Battlers - Cottrel, Owies, Fogarty, Cunningham, Cincotta
McKay if he could kick straight you would add to the stars. He's the rung below that with guys like TDK. Jack Martin at his best is a good forward. Rekon they need SOS at some stage in the finals because they were well beaten in the air it was only the inaccuracy that saved them. Thought some of Curnow's efforts were poor but that came down to the fact he was the lone band at times.

There would be some irony in us laughing at the Dees for having B2B straight sets losses after a flag, given what we dished up in 2016 and 2018.

Is it not worse to not even make the finals in the year in between? I imagine some Geelong fans would be taking notes for the next time the sh*tfight thread is bumped.

There would be some irony in us laughing at the Dees for having B2B straight sets losses after a flag, given what we dished up in 2016 and 2018.

Is it not worse to not even make the finals in the year in between? I imagine some Geelong fans would be taking notes for the next time the sh*tfight thread is bumped.
I love that you posted this at 4:30 in the morning 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least we had peaked and won 3 flags. Our results the following couple of years were typical of an aging list on decline. No regrets.

Dees on the other hand should be absolutely at their peak right now. 1 flag from this playing group in an otherwise fairly diluted talent pool league-wide is really disappointing for them.

Good lord the skills in last nights game were shocking
Sucked in to Goodwin.
Imagine picking Schache over Grundy lol
According to websites Grundy is 4cm taller and 6kg heavier than Nash, probably as agile and similar tank but I guess potentially quite a bit more talented

And they gave up on finding a spot?

We threepeated and were declining, can't stay up forever, nothing embarrassing about that.

Dees won one flag and have choked every final since with their stars at their peak.

We threepeated and were declining, can't stay up forever, nothing embarrassing about that.

Dees won one flag and have choked every final since with their stars at their peak.
When did they win a flag? they received Logies in 2021 for services to entertainment. #covidflagsdontcount

Hoping Brisbane put the foot down next week if Collingwood win through on the Friday night.

This Blues has a genuine 2019 GWS stench all over them. Riding a wave of momentum, but they're wounded, and will be blown away on Grand Finak day by a stronger and more rested side.

Dees got what they deserved . Reckon they have had a really poor month.
Seemed very distracted by the Brayshaw/Maynard incident , Goodwins comments about Finn after we played them. Bit of a 'whingy' theme playing out coming from the top .
Coach looks all over the shop . Similar vibe to Thompsons last 18 months at the Cats .

Look like a club who has lost focus and just expected to click

Remove this Banner Ad

Back