No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

(and the reference is about 30 years old).

GIF by Giphy QA

Simpsons references will permeate pop culture for at least the next century i wouldn't worry about it

I am not worried about that at all - might be the only way I can keep communicating with young people considering I don't vape and think astrology is bullshit.

When did the Simpsons go to complete s**t?

I reckon it started slipping after sesaon eight, and was (mostly) complete shite by season 12.

The funniest satire around for about eight years...

I reckon it started slipping after sesaon eight, and was (mostly) complete shite by season 12.

Pretty close to that. I reckon Season 9 was still good, 10 to 13 was a slippery slope to the bottom. Utter garbage from then on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty close to that. I reckon Season 9 was still good, 10 to 13 was a slippery slope to the bottom. Utter garbage from then on.

This has pretty much summed it up. There are still some gems through season 9-11ish 12ish for mine but it becomes unwatchable after that. The writing also overdoes the jokes. Case in point of a recent episode I caught a few minutes of. Lisa walked into the scene miserable mumbling incoherently and went upstairs. Marge says to Homer 'What's wrong with Lisa, did the climate change again?' which was a genuinely funny gag. It then overdoes it by cutting to Homer looking out the window to where one side of the street is frozen over and the other side is on fire. The joke already landed - the unfunny cutaway just killed it though.

Also the golden era of The Simpsons had some truly brilliant writers (Bill Oakley, Greg Daniels, Conan O’Brien, John Swartzwelder etc) so it is hard to replicate that kind of brain trust writing it.

Last edited:
I reckon all KPF would be circling the dates they play North because with that backline I reckon at least one team will come close to putting up 200 points

View attachment 1863645
Geez that's rough.

For some reason I just thought they had more promising youngsters than this but it's pretty grim across the board.

It's amazing how much weaker that midfield looks without the name Goldstein in the ruck spot.

Geez that's rough.

For some reason I just thought they had more promising youngsters than this but it's pretty grim across the board.

It's amazing how much weaker that midfield looks without the name Goldstein in the ruck spot.
It’s north pipeline. They go from promising youngster to B-grader to list clogger in no time.

They like to double down on this by also picking up players from other clubs who’ve gone down the same path with Stephenson, CCJ, Stephens and Fisher all having done the same before going to North.

I reckon all KPF would be circling the dates they play North because with that backline I reckon at least one team will come close to putting up 200 points

View attachment 1863645
Did they forget North drafted Duursma? As if he isn't a walk up start in that team.

View attachment 1863645
Beggars belief, Barrett accuses us of tanking last year after offloading Mitchell and omeara, but where is the same commentary about the shinbeggars?
They allowed mckay to walk, didn’t trade for a replacement, didn’t take Curtin at pick 3 and then even more egregiously, didn’t take the pick swap with the dees for pick 6 + F1 and grab Curtin there.
That backline will concede 20 goals a game next year

Beggars belief, Barrett accuses us of tanking last year after offloading Mitchell and omeara, but where is the same commentary about the shinbeggars?
They allowed mckay to walk, didn’t trade for a replacement, didn’t take Curtin at pick 3 and then even more egregiously, didn’t take the pick swap with the dees for pick 6 + F1 and grab Curtin there.
That backline will concede 20 goals a game next year
Might bring that up with Nat Edwards when I see her next week!

Might bring that up with Nat Edwards when I see her next week!

Please pass on the entire board's thanks for her masterful trolling of that pathetic little bile-spitting goblin on the AFL.com coverage this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back