No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

We know how bad he's been for a while, but this year is the biggest drop off I reckon. He's completely unhinged.
If you go back to 2012, with the drugs saga and Hird suspension, he was absolutely off chops. Stand by Hird and all that. He was front and centre as their mouthpiece. That's when I switched off the show.

Anyone else loving this “Essendon Edge” bullsh*t at the moment?
For a team with precisely zero players you’d consider intimidating, it’s doomed to fail.
Either they back off from it and risk getting called soft, or they keep trying with their false bravado and cop suspension after suspension.
It’s not their game and it’s a joy to watch them try it
On the back of two incidents:
1. Swarming Sicily and getting a couple of free kick goals from it
2. Peter Wright getting himself suspended for crunching a guy that was coming the other way.

What a ******* clown... I hate giving the drunk more air time after last week but are you ******* kidding me?

Gotta protect his favourite precious drug cheats.

"You can tell he didn't mean to hit him because he didn't hit him"
Yeh ok mate.

And then compared it with Sicily, when last week it was like "A KICK IS A KICK - INTEGRITY OF THE GAME"

So Robbo is ok with 'deliberately fake elbows' but not 'kicks that are so gentle the person doesn't even feel it'.

Gerard Healy calling for red cards. Maybe should have poste in on year too many thread
The AFL can't even get the MRP and suspensions right and that's with all the time in the world and a million camera angles in slow motion. Can you imagine the uproar when someone gets sent off only for the MRP to give it the all clear a few days later.

Anyone else loving this “Essendon Edge” bullsh*t at the moment?
For a team with precisely zero players you’d consider intimidating, it’s doomed to fail.
Either they back off from it and risk getting called soft, or they keep trying with their false bravado and cop suspension after suspension.
It’s not their game and it’s a joy to watch them try it
I don't know man, if I was a schoolgirl I'd find Jake Stringer pretty damn intimidating...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wayne Carey is a **** wit. Will be good not to have to listen to him any more.

Wright is lucky he only got 4 weeks. Jumps, elects to not contest the ball and bump, hits his opponent in the head and knocks him out. Don’t see why it shouldn’t be 7 weeks, same as Webster.

Stamp these weak cheap shots out of the game.

Wayne Carey is a * wit. Will be good not to have to listen to him any more.

Wright is lucky he only got 4 weeks. Jumps, elects to not contest the ball and bump, hits his opponent in the head and knocks him out. Don’t see why it shouldn’t be 7 weeks, same as Webster.oh

Oh so Wayne Carey is done with AFL?

It's not the AFL that's done with Wayne Carey?

I've never seen a more blatant variation on "YOU CANT DUMP ME BECAUSE IM DUMPING YOU FIRST!"

I hate Essendon as much as the next Hawk but I don't think Wright should have got 4. I think 2 would have been fair but ah well, still happy to see them without him for longer.

As for Robbo, that campaigner needs to be fired. You can even tell Gerard has had enough of how much bullshit he spouts. To basically want Sicily to be sentenced to death for a love tap kick, to now being absolutely fine with Hind trying to take someone's head off but luckily missing, it's an absolute joke.

Wayne Carey is a * wit. Will be good not to have to listen to him any more.

Wright is lucky he only got 4 weeks. Jumps, elects to not contest the ball and bump, hits his opponent in the head and knocks him out. Don’t see why it shouldn’t be 7 weeks, same as Webster.

His eyes were on the ball the whole way.

His options were...

1. Don't contest.
2. Put his arms out and sacrifice his ribs.
3. Do what he did.

His eyes were on the ball the whole way.

His options were...

1. Don't contest.
2. Put his arms out and sacrifice his ribs.
3. Do what he did.
He was late to the contest and made a choice not to attempt to spoil, jumped and braced to bump. Got him in the head, and knocked him out.

He should have chosen option 2, and tried to punch the ball.

Take away one of the best coach in the league and see how they go!
Take away the best recruitment team who find players like Stewart and Kelly and dekoning when other clubs are beating their chests about top 10 picks and see how they go!
Take away the best development program that turns battlers like Atkins, miers, close into premiership players and see how they go!
Take away the culture that makes other players want to go there and thrive even at old age (e.g. our own winning the norm) and see how they go!

Yea I totally see your point!
They have 16 or 18 players on their list now who are locals. They have the next best thing to a Zone and no Melbourne club has anything close in comparison. They will be in touch with the manager of every kid from Geelong Falcons and Calder Cannons who is drafted by other clubs, saying how much they wanted to draft them themselves etc etc so if they ever come out of contract the Cats can claim they've always been looking to bring them home. It was the go-home factor that got them Dangerfield and pretty much Cameron, who is ex Calder Cannons and who wanted to live on a farm. He would never come to a Melbourne-based team. When they were contending only ready-made older players ever wanted to go home. After they won the GF suddenly by a strange coincidence, only young ones did.

Yes, they are well run. Of course they are. But they have advantages over everyone else that are undeniable. And when you add that to a unprecedented dose of F&S luck, it creates a dynasty. That combination got them Scarlett, Ablett, Hawkins, Dangerfield and I'd argue Cameron, all of whom would be in their best ever team.

Those players make average players better. We'll see how good their average players are when the last of the champs has gone, same as we found out how good our supporting cast really was when our greats left, same as Richmond is finding out now.

I didn't say they wouldn't be competitive without the above btw, I said it would be much harder. And it simply would be.

Pity they didn't publish this last week.😏

A Melbourne Football Club doctor has sensationally admitted to conducting “off the books” illicit drug tests – allegedly authorised by the AFL – to help players evade detection on match days.
The doctor-turned-whistleblower says players who confessed to having taken drugs in the days before AFL games were given secret tests to ensure their systems were clear or were advised to “fake an injury” so they would not risk being tested and suspended for breaches of the World Anti-Doping Agency code.
Federal MP Andrew Wilkie told parliament on Tuesday night he had received a signed statement from former Demons head doctor Zeeshan Arain in which he accuses the AFL of facilitating the clandestine drug tests at Dorevitch Pathology in Heidelberg.

Mr Wilkie called on Prime Minister Anthony Albanese to intervene in the scandal.

In a stunning address, Mr Wilkie said: “I rise to bring the house’s attention deeply troubling allegations of egregious misconduct within the AFL provided by former Melbourne football club president Glen Bartlett, former Melbourne football club doctor Zeeshan Arain and Shaun Smith, father of Melbourne player and now alleged drug trafficker Joel Smith.

Clayton Oliver being lauded as a hero and all round great guy by the media is pretty sickening after he spent the whole offseason out of his mind on the gear and turned up just in time for round 1

I hate Essendon as much as the next Hawk but I don't think Wright should have got 4. I think 2 would have been fair but ah well, still happy to see them without him for longer.

As for Robbo, that campaigner needs to be fired. You can even tell Gerard has had enough of how much bullshit he spouts. To basically want Sicily to be sentenced to death for a love tap kick, to now being absolutely fine with Hind trying to take someone's head off but luckily missing, it's an absolute joke.
2 weeks under the Cyril Rioli rule. Cyril got 2 weeks for attempting to strike somebody. Surely the same applies here. Slobbo is as hypocritical as it gets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back