No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Horse did mention after smacking us last week that they were going the uncontested route in the last quarter or so, with one eye on GWS. That really s**t me as a hawk man.
That said, right now they are deserved premiership favourites.
Horse can say that now. There's enough evidence to say we're a battling side. Hopefully won't be the case in 2 years time.

There have been a few teams that have taken their foot off the pedal against us
Why would any team in the home and away season take their foot off the pedal? Percentage is still important. Would be extremely unprofessional and could potentially cost ladder positions. Silly statement I think.

Why would any team in the home and away season take their foot off the pedal? Percentage is still important. Would be extremely unprofessional and could potentially cost ladder positions. Silly statement I think.
….because it’s a 6 months long run to the final 8 and when the game is well and truly in the bag, you don’t need to lose players to injury.

That’s just commonsense.

….because it’s a 6 months long run to the final 8 and when the game is well and truly in the bag, you don’t need to lose players to injury.

That’s just commonsense.
Take your foot off the pedal and cost yourself 1-5% and miss a home final because of it even though you have a 6 month long run to the finals to get your injuries right.

Doesn’t sound like common sense to me. Sounds unprofessional.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schultz has been offered 1 week

I hate this.

I'm not saying anything that hasn't been said before, but this cheap shot s**t needs to be stamped out of the game. It makes no sense that you can clip someone from behind deliberately behind the play and only get a week, yet you make a split second decision mid air in a contest for the ball and get 3+.

Intent has to matter.

Take your foot off the pedal and cost yourself 1-5% and miss a home final because of it even though you have a 6 month long run to the finals to get your injuries right.

Doesn’t sound like common sense to me. Sounds unprofessional.
5% at the end of the season is roughly 100 points.

Sydney won the last qtr by 20 - 9.

There was no loss of any % there was there?

I hate having to hear Jobe, but gee wizz Jones gives him a great run for his money as the most monotone nothing special comments person.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back