Mega Thread Oh yeah ... did you know there are 17 other teams? - General AFL discussion #9 - Blues posters only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree they paid overs, but Griffen ****** them first, and that includes the coach.

And make no mistake, we would've paid a shitload if he'd wanted to come to Princes Park.

They saw an opportunity and took it. Might pay off, might not, but what's another decade when you've been waiting since the '50s?

Easy for us to have a go, but I've been to three GFs to watch my team play…and I'm a Johnny-come-lately...

Well hang on, Bulldogs had 4 Prelims in a row.......and lost them all, back in the last decade.

Boyd has cost the doggies around 2-3 quality youngsters already.

They traded pick 6 out when they would have gained at least 7 and probably either 4 or a good youngster already on the GWS list.

Let's hope for their sake they have their list mgt and cap strategy sorted or there is a possibility they may lose a Libba/Dalhouse/stringer/McRae sort at some point. I'm sure there's 17 other clubs wondering what may shake loose over the next 2 years.

I understand the motivation, just think the cost is enormous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anybody even care that GWS gets number one picks anymore? Chances are they'll leave sometime in the future anyway.

Franklin not going to GWS has hurt them massively moving forward. Had that deal happened, no one would have cared that Boyd had left.
There is a good chance that if Buddy had gone there, they wouldnt have drafted Boyd with their #1 pick.

Cannot believe Dishlickers are paying $1m of their former captains wages. If Boyd doesn't come good, it could put them in real trouble.

It's a baller move, though, right?

We would celebrating and chest-beating like maniacs if we'd landed Boyd yesterday, almost regardless of what we paid.

Only time will tell whether it works out or not.

I don't think Murphy and Griffen are comparable. Murphy is a lot younger/Griff wanted out.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back