Mega Thread Oh yeah ... did you know there are 17 other teams? - General AFL discussion #9 - Blues posters only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I can think of is that downgrading their #10 to #14 was a way of kidding themselves they were a Top 4 side.

The only thing that makes any sense to me is that they'll be targeting a home-grown (Bampton or Neal-Bullen) and obviously feel that they'll get another they need at #35 but would not have got at #47.

If there's anything else to it......................I have no idea what that may be.

The only thing that makes any sense to me is that they'll be targeting a home-grown (Bampton or Neal-Bullen) and obviously feel that they'll get another they need at #35 but would not have got at #47.

If there's anything else to it......................I have no idea what that may be.

good weed here in Adelaide, and meth is plentiful....

I know its old news but I loath Pickers with a passion, basically takes a commission for other peoples hard work, doesn't care about what the player wants just what his bank account wants:mad:

rant over I'm done with it now

I know its old news but I loath Pickers with a passion, basically takes a commission for other peoples hard work, doesn't care about what the player wants just what his bank account wants:mad:

Pickers is also manager of Ablett and Franklin. Managers like that are oily snakes, doesn't matter if his actions break the hearts of young kids who are heart broken when their idols leave their teams.

Sorry I would not be celebrating I would be pissed off.

The more I think about it the happier I am we didn't end up with Boyd. I'm sorry I can't get over the fact that he didn't honour his contract and no-one not even his family tried to talk him out of it. Says a lot about him and his family. I know for a fact that my father would of told me to honour my contract and to be loyal to my team mates. It's not like the money wouldn't of been there next year. And I still wouldn't of paid Boyd 500k per season even at 20.

I hope this won't set a precedent by when all young yplayers who are given two years contracts can just say they want to be traded to another club after a year.

Totally agree JR40, but I think it is too late, the AFL (which are a joke) are the only ones that can reel this back in but they won't. Boyd is on more money than some of the veterans and stars of the game are, this will only create higher salary caps and and the price will be put on the peoples game.

There has to be restrictions in place as to what the young stars can earn and the only winner I can see out of the Boyd deal is Pickering his manager who has to be one of the best spin doctors in the game.

The AFL needs to make some clear delineations;
  • You can be employed by an AFL club or on their board (does not include any pro bono work)
  • You can be employed by an AFL licensed media outlet (TV/Radio/Print/Internet/etc)
  • You can be employed by an AFL licensed agency (Player agents/managers, etc)
  • You can be employed by an AFL licensed venue
  • You can do 1 of the above and no more

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think port over paid for Ryder.

Given the circumstances, what if he cops a ban? No way is he worth 17 on its own

Don't worry the AFL have it all covered under their "equalisation policy". Port can't have paid "overs" as under the equalisation process Port get a larger salary cap than other clubs.

Port and Brisbane are two clubs that the AFL has their best interest at hand. They have recently won premierships - Brisbane won three in a row from 2001-03 in case the AFL management has forgotten - but for "equalisation" purposes they can spend 105% of the salary cap.

Port won in 2004 and are consistently in finals, yet they are so "equal" they win premierships and still get "equalisation" assistance on top. Lovely, dovely.

Emma Quayle.

"Under the rules set out earlier this year, clubs can spent up to 105 per cent of their salary cap in any given season, provided they have "underspent" in any of the previous two years.

Clubs that underspent by, for instance, $500,000 on total player payments and additional service agreements this year are permitted to spend up to $500,00 over the combined limits across 2016 and 2017.

The "banking" rule was backdated for two years, allowing Port Adelaide to recruit Ryder on a lucrative four-year deal given the club had underspent in 2013 due to cash flow reasons."

One of the weirder trades ever done, cannot understand the logic behind doing it at all.
The only thing a couple of us can come up with is they are targeting someone in the first round who will be there @ either 10 or 14, but they have someone in the second round who will go earlier than what their previous pick was..

The only thing a couple of us can come up with is they are targeting someone in the first round who will be there @ either 10 or 14, but they have someone in the second round who will go earlier than what their previous pick was..

Very fair assessment of the situation but why would you risk missing out on a player in the first round ??

They will be kicking themselves if the player they have targeted goes before that #14.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back