General cycling news and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Ichabod Noodle funk44 mcgarnacle dart threenewpadlocks Vader Belnakor kerplunky Freakie sblack

Where you guys at? Don't tell me this place is going to be dead apart from during the three grand tours?

beginning of August got really busy for me with the addition of an intensive course to my workload.............and i'm back on the bike again after an injury lay-off in July which tends to mean I need more sleep unfortunately. that means less discretionary time in other areas......BF being one. I haven't even been reading my 4 or 5 pages of RIDE which I enjoy doing before (ahem) sleep. tomorrow is a recovery day :p

I'm really hoping I have the time to dedicate for the Tour of Spain TBH!! Looking forward to the race.

just on Sebastian Langeveld comment he wanted more support, greenedge rode for him in the classics with cobbles what more did he want? greenedge comment where going another approach sayes to me they have signed or about to sign hassler or sutton from sky if not i'm lost as to who they will ride for

i'm a victim of not having eurosport. . .

and without a chance to watch any racing i find the discussions around the stages/results it a bit "you had to be there" ..

am still checking in for the other threads though, about rides people are doing and so on. :D

just on Sebastian Langeveld comment he wanted more support, greenedge rode for him in the classics with cobbles what more did he want? greenedge comment where going another approach sayes to me they have signed or about to sign hassler or sutton from sky if not i'm lost as to who they will ride for

Maybe they are going to concentrate more on stages, put together a sprint team, put more miles down early in the year to be contenders in the big tours later in the year, ride for somone already in place. Lots of things it could mean really.

i'm a victim of not having eurosport. . .

and without a chance to watch any racing i find the discussions around the stages/results it a bit "you had to be there" ..

am still checking in for the other threads though, about rides people are doing and so on. :D
I don't either, but still check up on the smaller race results and then download the relevant races. Also highlights for most races are around.

http://inrng.com/2013/08/2014-world-tour-team-shortage/

Might not have the full roster of teams for next year. Very interesting.

"The World Calendar features men’s pro cycling’s best races plus the Tour of Beijing."

That sums it up so well haha. Euska have basically put themselves out of business by remaining a Pro Team this year, there isn't a whole lot of incentive when you can get the WildCard entries, like Europcar do. Good article.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

maybe we could get a bigfooty.com team together.

i'll nominate myself to be the plucky never-say-die breakaway rider for the mountain stages.

I'll be the super lead out man that desperately wants to be a sprinter but just isn't quite good enough

Bradley Wiggins to quit road for track at end of next season.

Britain's Bradley Wiggins says he will quit road racing at the end of next season in order to return to the track.
The 2012 Tour de France winner, who already has four Olympic titles, said: "I'm going to continue to the next Olympics and try for a fifth."

He also suggested he was willing to support this year's winner Chris Froome.
"I don't mind admitting that Chris is probably a better Grand Tour rider than me," Wiggins said.
"He is a much better climber, he can time-trial well. [At 28] he has age on his side, he has no kids, that's fine. If Chris wants to, he could potentially win five Tours now.
"So if I want to win another Tour, I'd probably have to leave the team.
"I love this team. This is my home, I'm not going to go, 'I want to be the leader still, so I'm off'."

Huge news.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back