General Sport Discussion (non-AFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow... Is LeBron bluffing to get more from Miami or is he really going to move again?

I'd hate to see free agency infect AFL to this degree, although arguably it's not that far off it already.

Have been hearing it for a while now, but probably part of the same discussion. Would laugh my balls off if he went back to the Cavs. Golden State seems to be the latest rumour.

Clippers apparently in it too, CP3 is a close friend & godfather of one of LeBrons kids. Would be scary if he went to LA as they're a finals threat atm, just need that finishing power that LeBron has. Interesting to note that he made $100m off of the Beats by Dre sale so wonder if he'll care all that much about his salary.

Just on the above, surely what separates Jordan and James is their post season records. I don't follow basketball as closely as I used to but I struggle to think of a finals performer in any sport who was as consistently dominant as MJ. And, for all that Scottie Pippen beought to that side, Jordan mainly did it with a bunch of journeymen and role players. While Jordan statistically was unbelievable, what I found remarkable was his capacity to change games that weren't going the Bulls' way. It was due to him that finals never went to seven games. He simply didn't allow it.

LeBron is still at an age that he can leave a similar legacy.

The other theory is that he is making this move to scare Wade and Bosh into taking paycuts so they can get some more quality around them.

Makes sense in theory. Will be fascinating to watch. Will we see The Decision 2 on TV?

Uruguay as a nation are crazy if they think someone with Suarez's history and him biting someone doesn't warrant a lengthy suspension. It is pretty disgraceful how they are throwing their toys out of the cot. I suppose you can't expect much less with the soccer supporters. I'd be a little embarrassed if I was them, not sure how you can defend someone biting another human being.

Uruguay as a nation are crazy if they think someone with Suarez's history and him biting someone doesn't warrant a lengthy suspension. It is pretty disgraceful how they are throwing their toys out of the cot. I suppose you can't expect much less with the soccer supporters. I'd be a little embarrassed if I was them, not sure how you can defend someone biting another human being.

Now eye gouging on the other hand......

2 TV's in action tonight..........Our game on one, and Kyrgios on the other.

Will keep me fit.
Just put them side to side. That's what I used to do..... Before I got married (shackled)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know all Australian sports have their grubs (inc AFL), but I swear both rugby's attracts some of the worst.

Just on another note, L.Hewitt has to be one of the worst tennis players to support. The past 10 years he just builds you up, just to let you down. I've wasted countless hours sleep watching the bloke, just to lose in the 5th set. I think he would have won a couple more grand slams if he played during the Pat Rafter era.

Geez, rough comment. Hewitt has also won his fair share of 5 setters!

Saw figures recently that he's about 62.5% for 5 setters from memory. For reference Federer is about 55%, Djokovic is about 70% and Nadal is 75%.

Saw figures recently that he's about 62.5% for 5 setters from memory. For reference Federer is about 55%, Djokovic is about 70% and Nadal is 75%.

And he has just overtaken Agassi to have played the most career 5 setters.

World number one after beating Nalbandian at Wimbledon and an ageing Pete Sampras at the US for his only two Grand Slams?

He was lucky to get where he did...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back