News General sports discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

I love the F1's. Admittedly I haven't seen as much of it in recent seasons.

Moto GP is a far more boring race.
Pit stops and strategy in the F1 is what sets it apart. Last nights race was an excellent example of that. Vergne was so great to watch last night. Got 2 or 3 penalties and still finished 6th, really pushed it to the limits.

I don't get car racing I don't know the rules and strategies.

Something I wouldn't mind though.

Being a car enthusiast I'm turned away from the v8s because it's all the same engine and running gear etc.

They should run the performance market cars they sell like they used to would make it Alot more interesting

A 16 year old from Hobart yesterday ran 10.44 seconds for 100 metres in the private school carnival. He smashed the Australian under 18 record as well as the Tasmanian open, U20 and U18 records. He's actually a long jumper and they asked him on the radio today what he could do to improve, his answer was "actually train for sprints" :D

A 16 year old from Hobart yesterday ran 10.44 seconds for 100 metres in the private school carnival. He smashed the Australian under 18 record as well as the Tasmanian open, U20 and U18 records. He's actually a long jumper and they asked him on the radio today what he could do to improve, his answer was "actually train for sprints" :D
Blimey, that's impressive! How accurate is the timing system they used, and did he have a tail wind? Regardless, boy can move!

Blimey, that's impressive! How accurate is the timing system they used, and did he have a tail wind? Regardless, boy can move!
Yeah legal tail wind, 1.2mps (2.0 is the limit for a legal run). Electronic timing where they can use photo finish etc so that's spot on. Good track, one of the better ones to sprint on in the country but the weather/wind usually prevents top level guys from getting good times.

Video on this link here :thumbsu:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-...ias-fastest-runner-wants-olympic-gold/5767112

Play it but don't normally watch it (don't have the time more than anything). This is riveting though!
If you think this is good wait till the last day. If it is close it is just incredible to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vikings lead Falcons.

Teddy is the QB I've been waiting for it seems.

Future looks bright for the young team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back