Gerard Healy and Brian Taylor.

Remove this Banner Ad

So you guys are trying to tell us that Jacko is a more polished commentator than BT and Healy are you?

Otherwise why is his name mysteriously not on this list of 'idiot commentators' in the box yesterday? I actually quite like Jacko these days, but he's certainly no mental giant in the commentary box.

Could it be that he was the one guy in there being partial to the eagles... and that the OP is exactly what summerthebat said - a whinge about the commentators not being all gushing about the wonderful eagles?

How about Slappos "The Eagles have outscored the Dockers in the last 2 derbies even tho Freo have won...!!!???:rolleyes: WTF

Comedy Gold

Brian Taylor is a complete and utter tool. (and no Dockers fans, it's not because he's in love with the dockers, I said the same thing last year) He talks shit and isn't funny.
Healy is hit and miss. Sometimes he's okay other times he's goddamn annoying.

Jacko...well..yeah.

Pickering, Smith, Colbert, Campbell > BT, Healy and Jacko.

Brian Taylor is an absolute tool; having said that he is still marginally better than Dwayne Russell who is the worst commentator on TV. Jako easily takes out worst special comments, followed by Rohan Smith. Tom Harley has been impressive so far this year on Channel 7, where Bruce and Dennis are still setting the standard for commentators.

Taylor thinks that the more you shout as a commentator, the "funnier" you are.

It's embarassing, Taylor has a very limited knowledge of non-Victorian teams, and tries to cover it up by finding one player on the ground (Barlow, Maric) to scream for when they are not even in the contest half the time.

"And now its Vince, no it's Reilly sorry, who clears from the Crows" "It was actually Thompson" Shaw whispers in the background. "Thompson, my apologies, goes backwards into trouble....."

BT knows barely anything about interstate sides. Always calls the players by their wrong names. :thumbsdown:

He had about five different ways to pronounce Neagle when Essendon visited last year :D

And yeah, Jako is one of the worst out there, no complaints from me there. Just pointing out a Freo poster who decided for some reason to go on the attack about West Coast bias as they have for the past 15 years. :rolleyes:

BT's man-love for Barlow is something to behold. I've grown to like BT's commentary over the years.

As a group, Foxtel's commentators are miles ahead of the FTA channels. Pity Grybas isn't around to make the difference even greater.

Jako is so terrible that he just makes me laugh while he butchers the English language. I think that's why they keep him on, for some small comedy value.

His call of that rd1 game was a classic. "Barlow a-gaain!"

LMAO at all the people who hate BT's calling. Get some fun back in your footy ya stiffs!

I enjoy BT's over the top commentary with Healy playing the straight man. BT makes mistakes but at least he injects a bit of life into the call. Its a bit of a laugh. Reminds me a bit of the callers back in the 70s when they used to have opinions and express their thoughts instead of media correct drivel.

Jacko is just...unexplainable.

How long until BT realises which foot a player prefers?

He has been suggesting Duffield is left footed for weeks.

Also claimed Hams was a right footer most of today.

The three worst Fox Sports commentators were in the box today. Don't mind Campbell, Frawley or Pickers.

Campbell, that guy is a moron. He needs to stop making up nick names for players that are total sh*t & no one eles likes or uses......The Secret Agent? WTF?

I enjoy BT's over the top commentary with Healy playing the straight man. BT makes mistakes but at least he injects a bit of life into the call. Its a bit of a laugh. Reminds me a bit of the callers back in the 70s when they used to have opinions and express their thoughts instead of media correct drivel.

Jacko is just...unexplainable.

^^ this :thumbsu:

cbf going thru the whole thread but you BT haters have gotta be kidding me. him and cometi are hands down the best play by play callers on TV...BT is an absolute cack, and gerard healy does provide a nice contrast i agree.

bring back the ch 9 sunday commentary team for me anyday: BT, Brayshaw on the play by play and Lyon on the special comments....always brilliant.

Taylor aint a bad tv commentator as you dont have to pay any attention to him, but get him on the radio and its pure torture.
When Bartel had the shot against hawthorn last year and he was commentating at no point did he actually say where bartel was lining up from, his commentary made it seem like he was 50m out on the boundary. ABC is the only station i can listen to a full game on, they tell you whats happening, their special comments people actually add analysis instead of stating the bleeding obvious and its not full of adds like the Crazy johns scoreboard crap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Campbell, that guy is a moron. He needs to stop making up nick names for players that are total sh*t & no one eles likes or uses......The Secret Agent? WTF?
I thought 'The Secret Agent' was a pretty cool nickname for a bloke that was kicking sneaky goals - it comes from an Alfred Hitchcock movie of the same name.

He had about five different ways to pronounce Neagle when Essendon visited last year :D

It was funnier seeing him trying to pronounce Paul Koulouritis. He probably had about 15 different ways of pronouncing his name. I still remember a game against Adelaide about 7 or 8 years ago when he was commentating for Nine and he pronounced it 'Klool-o-ri-yo-tees'. :D
Putting his Geelong hate aside, he's actually pretty good. As for Jako, I'd rather have real bad tinnitus than listen to him.

yeah, nah BT is good fun to listen to :)

Bruce/Denis annoy the s**t outta me

Jacko sometimes makes okay calls - but more than makes up for that by stuffing everything else up

Healy is pretty good as well - him and BT go well together :thumbsu:

If BT wasn't already dead set on Barlow then I'd reckon him and Healy would have a crack at each-other :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back