Get ready for more Sunday games :|

collingwood should not be complaining about timeslots when they get 16 games at the MCG...they should be getting 60,000 to a game even if they had 9am games on a sunday

Another problem is the game is being sanitized, and along with the unattractive defensive scrum style of the modern game, the traditional combatitiveness and controversial deeds from the 'characters' of the game has been lost. The game is just not as interesting or appealing as it once was and the AFL need to look to overseas for ideas on making a trip to the footy a you beaut package of entertainment - and I don't mean things like Meatloaf. The additional entertainment add-ons have to be LARGE SCALE, just like Australian football fields/stadiums.

I disagree about looking to make it entertaining. I have been to a few NFL games at Lambeau Field. Pre-match entertainment consisted of maybe a marching band, a jet flyover and the national anthem. Halftime was sometimes the NFL version of auskick. That was it, nothing else. Every game had 70 odd thousand fans, it was about -20 degrees and it is in the open, noone complains.

Pre-match entertainment is not what is going to bring fans in, it is the game itself. I agree, right now the game is like watching a group of under 6 kids playing sport. The majority follow the ball everywhere until one of them breaks free and makes a run. Paul Roos, Ross Lyon, Rodney Eade all contributed to making the game about minimising the other teams opportunity as opposed to trying to win.

I am sick of Sunday games here too whilst all those Vic teams get the nice Fri/Saturday night slots. How many Sat night games do Brisbane seem to play though??

Yeah come to think of it, the Lions seem to play a fair bit on Saturday nights.

I posted this below a while ago, it's crap the help some clubs/states receive..

Brisbane for example have received good time slots for years now, live and for tv (including many Saturday nights)
Even this year they are involved in 4 home + 3 away Saturday night games and 3 home + 3 away Saturday twilight.. They also then have the Anzac Day game now vs St Kilda and this Easter lead in game on Thursday nights..

We have 2 home + 1 away Saturday night and 1 home + 1 away Saturday twilight..

Back